August 30, 2014 | 1529 users online

Toners - Thayers - Alcohol-free Witch Hazel toner with Aloe Vera

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by BumbleBees77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this toner. I use it after cold cream to remove the traces of oil before I apply my AHA. I use it during the day to freshen up. In a pinch I use it to clean my face quickly before bed when I have only worn sunscreen. It smells nice, is inexpensive, and makes my skin look and feel wonderful! This has become a staple in my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by BelleSade

HG HG HG. Skin irritated after a peel? This'll calm your skin down wonderfully. Picked a pimple that's now sweltering and tomato colored? This'll fix it. Wanna just clean your skin during the day? This is perfect. This is the best thing I've purchased for my skin, along with MUA glycolic peels.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by frecklesnroses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another one I replenish as soon as I only have about 1/8 of a bottle left. Maybe we all harbor an eyelash of doubt as to what, if anything, a toner actually does... so, I cherish this one mainly for what it doesn't do... like contain alcohol, or menthol, or any kind of fragrance. I trust it to remove anything that my vigilant OCM (or, sometimes Nature's Gate Tea tree Shampoo used a s facial cleanser, another review) doesn't get. I can get all aggro with this stuff until the cotton balls come away completely white, and my skin will not feel uncomfortable. In fact, it will feel a little bit... soft? Perhaps that's the smidgeon of aloe vera in there, doing it's lil thing. Or, my imagination. It's enough "it can't hurt, right?" to keep me spending $10 or so per bottle. I likes it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ladybugsspots

This is a good toner, I have only a few different kinds of toners and this is one of the better ones. I tried Dickson's, walmart brand witch hazel, Laura Mercier - Perfecting Water, and Arysa Naturals Ylang toner. This one comes in third place. This is a okay toner and probably ideal for oily skin but not for my combination skin.

I like how to toner smells and feels refreshing on the skin, it also minimizes pores well, but it does not balance my skin. It ALWAYS leaves it tight! I hate that. once this dries my face is itchy and tight. I always will follow up with a moisturizer which fixes the problem. So this is a okay-good toner especially for the price! Compared to high end toners, I'd give this 1 star.

I think the biggest thing this toner lacks is balancing of the pH on my skin. I bought this because of the rave reviews and because this was way cheaper than the other toners I buy. If you have very oily skin this may be the best thing for you. For me Laura Mercier and Arysa toners are the BEST

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by yavi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product from woodmans and i love it. I have acne-prone oily skin and this toner is amazing! I stopped using my toner from proactiv becuse it was too harsh on my skin, but thayers witch hazel with aloe vera felt great on my skin, helped with my acne, didn't dry out my skin, and helped remove the makeup residue that my makeup remover did not clean. Te bottle lasts a very long time. I finished mine a few months ago and now i am going to purchase it again! I am thinking of trying the rose petal version this time though since i have heard it is great too. I will be purchasing it online since my local woodmans does not carry it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I'm trying to pare down my daily skincare routine to very basic, mostly natural products so I started using this toner about a week ago. I really wanted a gentle, natural toner, that wouldn't upset my sensitive skin after harsh fruit acid peels. This is the one. I waited to see if this would sting or cause break-outs but I've had nothing but good experiences. It is cooling and soothing, but it also feels like it "tightens" up my face a little. I read a few reviews that said this helps with under eye bags and dark circles. No success on that front yet, but I don't really believe anything helps that, I've tried it all. I will keep buying this and I might try one of the scented ones, but the unscented has earned a place in the everyday routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

this is for the Thayers Alcohol free toner Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera formula. I wanted to try this as my skin does not do well with regular witch hazel, it makes my rosacea flare. I'm okay if I use this a couple times weekly, I love that it removes those little white bumps at the sides of my nose that I get on occasion and so I will continue to use it for that. If I use it to often my rosacea seems to flare so I use it only when necessary. My skin is dry, mature, sensitive, mild rosacea, not prone to break outs other than the type mentioned above. It does smell like cucumber, I'm okay with that, I like them, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product as a toner. It cleans out your face well, probably takes of f the excess makeup but I wouldn't know since I don't wear makeup.. :/ but anyways it refreshers your skin and leaves it feeling smooth and fresh. It's probably not ideal if you're trying to treat acne, because it won't do anything for that. But really great as a basic toner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Laur0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great. I use it when my skin has broken out and is very sensitive. It helps to calm down any inflammation, my skin feels cool and refreshed after using it. Sometimes if your skin care system is to strong full of salicylic acids, glycolic acid it can irritate the acne and make it worse...thats my opinion. Using gentle products when I break out works very well for me. This product works really well if you put tea tree oil on effected areas right after. Hope this helps :) ! This product would be very good for sensitive skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a gentle alcohol-free toner and discovered Thayer's in the alcohol-free, fragrance-free version. Love it! It has aloe for a soothing feeling and does exactly what I need it to do: I use it mornings right after my shower to remove the last traces of shower soap and facial oil. If I'm not putting on foundation right away I also use the Thayer's again right before applying makeup. I use DHC Silky Cotton to apply; even though these are expensive, I cut them in half for applying toner and this works just fine. I don't like using cotton balls for anything except nail polish remover.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No