October 26, 2014 | 1194 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Shell lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

My FAVORITE lipstick of all time! (And I have quite a few lipsticks)! It's a subtle antique rose color! Adds a pop of color to the lips without being overwhelming! Could be perfect for day time as well as night time. I just love to wear it with any type of eye makeup; with gloss over it, with shimmer over it; and it also looks beautiful when I feel like wearing bronzer on the hollows of my cheeks. It's my "nude" lip shade since I wear it so much... I also have red hair and this makes my fair complexion look even.... I cannot seriously rave enough about this product! LOVE IT, love the shade, how it feels, it's what I've been looking for in a natural lipstick.
However, it can be a little drying but I just figured this problem is resolved when I apply a little bit of lip balm every now and then.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Okoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my HG lipstick until they changed the shade. It was creamy but not too glossy (I prefer my lipstick to be a bit more matte than most), a perfect pinkish neutral shade. Now it's gone, so my overall rating reflects their terrible mistake. Hey cosmetics companies: How about when you make a new color, you INTRODUCE IT AS A *NEW* COLOR? The price was worth it for what you got, but I can't recommend the new incarnation as worth it anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but they changed this color! It used to be a peachy pink nudeish shade, and now its like MAC Twig or Clinique Tenderheart! I believe the silver tubes still have the old shell shade. Just a warning for those of you that know this as a more pale peach color. Off to search ebay for silver tubes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color was given to me by my mother. I has my doubts at the beggining because I used more burgundy/dark red shades and it seemed too light to me.

After a few time I decided to give it a chance. I liked it was very creamy, it looks neutral in the bar, but it looks rosey at my lips. I love to use it when I wear very intense eye makeup to balance it. At my skin tone it looks like rosey-nude... I'm an NC35.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by MissApril221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade. I used to sell Mary Kay and the one product I love is their lipstick.
Smells amazing!
Lasts all day.
Not drying.
Perfect consistency.
Nice line of shades to choose from.
I have this in red too which I also reviewed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never had a pink lipstick that I liked in my life, start to finish, until I used this color.

It's not that phoney overly icky shocking pinkpink that old ladies wear (and since I'm pushing 40, I'm sensitive to looking old lady!). It's natural, pretty, and really blends nicely on my face without looking obviously pink.

I have never bought the same lipcolor twice in my life. Now that I've tried Shell, I can never say never again. I will buy more!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by helenharrell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Such a beautiful shade of pink that looks natural yet gives me color on my fair skin, which surprised me as it looks old-lady in the tube and there's no sparkle, it's a matte color. Stands alone or with a gloss. Just gorgeous. My go-to color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by chloeandsue

My favorite lipstick. Color is awesome as well as consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by emalovexo

I just recieved this yesterday when my friend offered it to me after she said that the colour wasn't right for her. This is actually my first Mark Kay product and needless to say, it will not be my last ! First off, I love the formula. It is SO creamy & smooth, and it's one of the only lipsticks that lets me get away with not applying chapstick underneath. I also love the colour - this is officially my new lips-but-better lipstick. I'm in LOVE with this , and will definetly repurcash !

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never in my life have ever used Mary Kay products. I was shopping at a store that's only open 4 days each month, and there was a MK representative there doing a complimentary hand treatment. She was also giving away a $50 gift cert. in a drawing. I entered the drawing thinking there was no chance of me winning, because I never win anything. Lo and behold, about 2 days later, I get a call from the rep informing me that I won! We made an appointment for her to come to my house, as I was housebound with a broken foot. The long and short of the story, is even after the $50 gift cert., I ended up spending an additional $100, all on MK makeup.

The MK "Shell" lipstick was one of my makeup purchases, and I'm surprised at the quality for such a reasonable price. The texture is creamy, goes on silky-smooth, but I do wish it was a bit more creamy or moisturizing. It's not drying, per se, but the finish is more matte than I would prefer. I always top it off with a light coating of lip gloss to get that sheen that I like.

The color is gorgeous, a beautiful warm pink that would complement a wide range of complexions. The packaging is elegant and discreet. It reminds me a lot of Josie Maran's "Flirtatious" lipstick, but is $7 less/tube.