Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Acne Wash

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2.00% Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside,Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Quaternium-15, Methylparaben. 6/11/09

on 2/18/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

As with the PTR anti aging and glycolic cleansers, I really like this cleanser. I use it every other morning and have had no issues.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in a desperate attempt to sort out my skin. I definitely don't have acne but I had enough spots to make me feel conscious.
I used to have lovely skin until I got to 17 when my skin suddenly got very oily, lots of small spots on my forehead, larger spots on the side of my face and, the worst ones, on my chin and around my mouth.
I don't like spending money on things like makeup and skincare and had tried a number of cheap face washes; Simple, Nivea, Lush, Teatree but nothing was working..

Read the rest of my review on my blog.. http://speaklistenbreathe.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/peter-thomas-roth-face-care-acne-wash.html

I went on a trip recently and realized once I had gotten to the hotel that I had forgotten my face wash. After using a warm wet washcloth for 2 days I made an emergency run to sephora and picked this stuff up. My skin was already a disaster because of the lack of face wash and my tendency to break out, but this stuff cleared it right up. It definitely doesn't remove makeup, but it has done a huge overhaul on my dry, discolored, acne prone skin. Yes, it's expensive, but I have never seen my skin in such good shape and I'm never going back to my old face wash!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've had moderate acne for the past 7 years, I've tried every drugstore/department store products! Even ones you order on t.v. SO I've finally gave this one a go on a last unhopeful attempt at having smooth skin... And it worked! This product is VERY drying but I much rather have a few flakes than huge red cystic acne! I use this daily up to three times like the bottle says. Everytime I get a lil oily or sweaty or if I've been wearing makeup for than a couple of hours I rinse thoroughly with this. I still get a random breakout if I'm not careful with keeping my skin clean. But if I use this religiously my skin is so unbelievably beautiful. I am so thankful for this product for changing my life and confidence.

on 8/7/2014 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! I was having awful jawline breakouts and couldn't find the right product to help clear it up, I ran across this on amazon ($25) and I couldn't be happier! Def recommend!

on 4/5/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my current morning face wash to help treat and prevent breakouts on my sensitive combination skin. While I do like it and feel that it is effective, I also don't think it is anything special nor worthy of the price tag, especially considering that there are several good salicylic acid cleansers on the market. That being said, it does the job of cleansing my skin and helping with acne without being too drying.

on 10/6/2013 9:59:00 PM

I been using this for about 2 weeks and I am definitely returning this. I paid about 35 dollars for this cleanser because I was breaking out on my forehead. I have oily combination skin and this cleanser dried out my skin which some of you may see this as a good thing however for me this is not what I expect. After using this cleanser the skin around my nose and my mouth were very flakey even after using moisturizer and serum. Perhaps this is too strong for my skin? I think this is a good cleanser but not right for my skin type.

on 4/29/2013 9:58:00 PM

This is hands-down the best face wash on the market, and I've tried a lot!
This cleans and dries out acne prone oily skin. I get a really deep clean when combining it with my claisonic. Love it! Try it! Expensive but worth every penny.

I was skeptical buying this product because of how expensive it was. I bought the acne traveling pack which i think was around $38 from Sephora. This wash felt very nice on my face and did not sting. When washing it off my face felt very smooth like all the dead skin cells were removed. There was a bit of redness when i was towel drying my face. I don't think this is necessarily a great wash to use everyday because beta hydroxy acid can be irritating but i think it's a good wash to use a few times per week in combination of a topical treatment such as benzoyl peroxide or sulfur. I believe both of these topical treatments can also be purchased from the Peter Thomas Roth" line.

on 3/18/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not the biggest fan of this product. I hit a point a couple of months ago where I broke out like crazy so I was on the hunt for a new cleanser that could help with acne.
I used this cleanser as part of my new skincare routine, and used about a pea sized amount in the morning. I followed the instructions and used it every other day to see how my skin would react. It did dry out my skin but I thought I would keep going for a few more weeks to see if my skin would get used to it. Unfortunately, it didnt. I felt like I continued to break out and it only got worse. Maybe this particular cleanser was a little too harsh on my skin since I have rarely used acne products but I have since discontinued using it.

The only positive about this cleanser is that I felt like it did make my skin smoother.