November 26, 2014 | 943 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by ksickman09

Absolutely love this product! I was having awful jawline breakouts and couldn't find the right product to help clear it up, I ran across this on amazon ($25) and I couldn't be happier! Def recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my current morning face wash to help treat and prevent breakouts on my sensitive combination skin. While I do like it and feel that it is effective, I also don't think it is anything special nor worthy of the price tag, especially considering that there are several good salicylic acid cleansers on the market. That being said, it does the job of cleansing my skin and helping with acne without being too drying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I been using this for about 2 weeks and I am definitely returning this. I paid about 35 dollars for this cleanser because I was breaking out on my forehead. I have oily combination skin and this cleanser dried out my skin which some of you may see this as a good thing however for me this is not what I expect. After using this cleanser the skin around my nose and my mouth were very flakey even after using moisturizer and serum. Perhaps this is too strong for my skin? I think this is a good cleanser but not right for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Chrissykss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is hands-down the best face wash on the market, and I've tried a lot!
This cleans and dries out acne prone oily skin. I get a really deep clean when combining it with my claisonic. Love it! Try it! Expensive but worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was skeptical buying this product because of how expensive it was. I bought the acne traveling pack which i think was around $38 from Sephora. This wash felt very nice on my face and did not sting. When washing it off my face felt very smooth like all the dead skin cells were removed. There was a bit of redness when i was towel drying my face. I don't think this is necessarily a great wash to use everyday because beta hydroxy acid can be irritating but i think it's a good wash to use a few times per week in combination of a topical treatment such as benzoyl peroxide or sulfur. I believe both of these topical treatments can also be purchased from the Peter Thomas Roth" line.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Ndeva600

Not the biggest fan of this product. I hit a point a couple of months ago where I broke out like crazy so I was on the hunt for a new cleanser that could help with acne.
I used this cleanser as part of my new skincare routine, and used about a pea sized amount in the morning. I followed the instructions and used it every other day to see how my skin would react. It did dry out my skin but I thought I would keep going for a few more weeks to see if my skin would get used to it. Unfortunately, it didnt. I felt like I continued to break out and it only got worse. Maybe this particular cleanser was a little too harsh on my skin since I have rarely used acne products but I have since discontinued using it.

The only positive about this cleanser is that I felt like it did make my skin smoother.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by cocolita

I bought this product in at Sephora in the small bottle along with some other acne products from PTR. The cleanser, after one night of use, has significantly reduced the size and appearance of my cystic acne, and brought up to the skin the nasty black and whitehead to dry out. All in on night!
I am 30 years old, with acne prone skin, and I am definitely going to make this my face wash. I was using Perricone, which had a 5 packaging quality, with a nice glass bottle with a pump. This product is plastic and you squeeze it out, thus making it less expensive,which is great! I don't need my face stuff in glass bottles.
I would recommend this over all others. And trust me i've used them all.
Perricone Super is great for Acne, but they've discontinued that line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by PaleChamorra

This is a miracle worker!! my skin is usually normal/oily, but as i hit age 24, i got SUPER oily and i'm breaking out from hormonal imbalance. i purchased a starter kit from sephora with this in it, and i will be purchasing the big bottle!

it THOROUGHLY cleanses my skin of all oil and overnight, my pimples came to a head and dried up! it also has shrunk the size of my increasingly large pores and kept me matte all day.

if you're dry, you may only use this once every few days, but i LOVE this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by faeriegirl0707

I really like this cleanser. It makes my skin feel super clean and I havent had any breakouts in the few weeks i have started using it. It is expensive but the bottle is huge so it should last a long time. I would definately buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a sample pack for $78 which is very expensive for samples.
I found this cleanser did nothing for my pimples and just dried out my skin, I really wanted this product to work for me but it's been disappointing.