October 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Lip Gloss - Rimmel - Vinyl Lip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few lip glosses I actually like because most of them are usually very sticky and tacky. This lip gloss didn't dry out my lips and had no sparkle (thankfully). When applied it looks shiny and sheer but can be built up. I have nothing bad to say about this product, it sales for a good price, has a good quality applicator, wide range of colors, and it moisturizers your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Jo333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

excellent gloss (colour Breathless 201) this really does the job - generous applicator layers the product on well, moisturising, thick plumping formula, lasts for a good few hours, not snog proof tho! have bought high end brands that are nowhere near as good as this vinyl lipgloss, okay the packaging isn't too fancy and some of the writing has faded after jiggling around in my mu bag, but to be expected considering its outlived all my other lip glosses, will def try the other colours too :) If Rimmel were to improve this package it in one of those LED light up containers with a mirror on the side and it would be Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Snugglebunny123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love my vinyl gloss!!! I think it's really nice. I find it doesn't make my lips dry like other previous lip glosses have and it comes in lots of different colours. The one I have is called Be Famous and it's number 290. Don't be put out by how bright it looks. The packaging is really good. I really recommend this gloss!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay so I am not sure whether I shall but another Vinyl lipgloss again, because it has its own pros and cons...however, I've been using 'em for a while now so I guess...

the thing with this type of lipgloss is that it lasts. It is sticky, and depending on the shade (more pearlescent ones, especially, have this bad habit--) you might get a little extra frost on your lips; they can also look weird given that some shades tend to emphasize the crevasses on the lips, and all that jazz.

however, given the price-quality aspect, i guess the Vinyl lipgloss is quite ok in this department. I don't like that they're sticky, but that's what makes them last longer than Maybelline or L'Oreal (my lipgloss HG is Lancome, but i can't always shell 28 if you know what I mean....)

I have a little suggestion to add, and perhaps this is going to help EVERYONE struggling those 'residues' on the lips, at the outer corners or the inner rims of the lips. It happens with many lipgloss..es (is it correct? :D) and after a lot of struggle, I have finally discovered what the deal with them is.

These are just foundation residue, ladies. Trust me, just make sure you wipe any trace of foundation/concealer/powder off your lips before applying lipstick and the lipgloss (or just the gloss, depending on your routine). The formulation of the foundation, given that it contains powder, will not react well with the gloss/lipstick and will create those white-ish traces on your lips that don't look well at all.

It is not the gloss' fault; try doing what I suggested and you'll see ;) it's saved me a lot of headaches and mirror panic over the years.

Other than that..yep, that's my review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Love this gloss! Doesn't have a sticky feel, is pigmented enough for me and is affordable. Doesn't last that long but most glosses don't for me anyway!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ninjacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in Paparazzi, it's a really pretty peachy pink with a nude/beige undertone to it.
I found that after I first applied it, it settled a lot in the creases of my lips. And the pigmentation wasn't... as I hoped it would be :( It looked like a normal lipgloss with a slight peachy tint to it :(
Although,
Wearing it over a light peachy, or a nude lipstick would work awesome with it though! The pigmentation shows up a lot better :)
I actually use Rimmel's Hide the Blemish concealer in Golden Beige. It works REALLY well! It's like a nude, slightly peachy lip :) Works awesome with a grey/black or brown/gold smokey eye :)
Personally, I think this lipgloss would be better with a brush tip instead of the usual sponge tip on most lip glosses, it'll apply much better and it won't soak up most of the lipgloss when you apply it :D
So, I'd recommend this to anyone who wants just like, a slight shimmer to their lips, or if they need a lipgloss to wear over their lipstick, this stuff works pretty good :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I tried these out a while ago. I brought 2, used up 1 already the other is still half full. Definitely wont repurchase. The 2 colours that I got was a little on the frosty side, fades quickly, and it has a funny scent after 1 week of opening.
These were between $5AUD-$10AUD I believe, I cant remember brought a long time ago. At that price range in Australia, there is a ton of better ones out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by KristalPeach

I love this lipgloss, it's one of my favorites.
It's not sticky or runny and looks so shiny! Not too sparkly, just right.
I'd definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I LOVE THIS. It has a really great color pay off.This brand is always on sale for like 399 so it won't break the bank. I plan on getting more colors, I swatched a few while at the drugstore and they all seem as pigmented as fashion Icon which is great as there is nothing worse than a bright red gloss that when put on your lips just looks clear.For me i think these are just as good at the l'oreal ones for alot less money

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this! Makes my lips look so glossy & full & gorgeous! Downside is it is majorly sticky tacky in texture & when drinking coffee, etc this stuff ends up everywhere. Still a fan tho :-P