October 30, 2014 | 1478 users online

Cleansers - Black Opal - Skin Perfecting Blemish Wash

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by babybeautymaven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the worst!! dried out my face sometimes and other times left an horrendous oil slick!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by nickel

I bought this based on earlier reviews but, unfortunately, this wash doesn't work with my skin at all. I have acne-prone, sensitive, oily skin. This wash seemed to work initially but it eventually dried out my skin and increased the cystic pimples on my face. I also ended up with serious dry patches on my cheeks which looked like I had been badly sunburned. All of my local CVS and WalMart stores carry this product, which I don't think has been discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

This product is being discontinued and it's a shame. My HG nighttime cleanser. I've been using this daily for two months and it's cleared up my skin. I'm down to one or two pimples during period, big difference. Like another poster said, the combo of tea tree oil, willow bark and Sal Acid are what makes this effective. I only experienced drying and slight sun sensitivity when I used it morning and night.

Stock up, so far I've only been able to locate this at CVS.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2005 4:25:00 PM More reviews by masonlau

I found this product on MUA and all I can say it THANK GOD. Ever since I have started using it, my skin has been less prone to breakouts and more quick to recover from the few pimples that I get during my T.O.M. Actually, the one time that I stopped using it, I broke out again. This is a pretty potent solution, granted. But, then, I use it with Rentin-a at night and DUAC in the daytime, and it still doesn't cause irritation. This is a keeper for me--I am on my 3rd bottle in 5 months. BTW, the bottle is very handy and there is easy to use pump. Plus, it smells good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 10:17:00 AM More reviews by juicydiva

This is another wonderful product by Black Opal. When I first tried this, I wasn't too sure if it would work, but so far, I've had good results with it and fewer breakouts. I use Black Opal Blemish Control Soap in the morning and this at night and it's a wonderful combination. I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2005 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Karie

This Product is great. I use this cleanser and then put on a vitamin E gel moisturizer and my face has cleared up. I have tried everything from the most expensive to the cheapest you can find and this is the best. I did not find it too drying, it really works to keep pores tight and blemishes under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2004 8:50:00 AM More reviews by blackangel

Hmmm, like the first poster, I noticed excellent results after the first wash-and by that I mean: smoother skin, flattened zits, more clarity etc. I did NOT however get that dry or tight feeling and Ive been using this for 2 weeks. Maybe they reformulated the ingredients but it seems to impart a nice hydrating feeling. The pump bottle is very convenient, the smell is pleasant, and it doesnt sting or tingle like some high end bha cleansers... I really haven nothing bad to say about it so I give it 5 lippies. Grab this immediately if you need a good drugstore bha to kill some pimples. LOL:-) its only 6 dollars and much better than Neutrogena acne wash or clean and clear. UPDATE:10-22-04: still loving this. It contains Willow Bark and Tea Tree oil to help fight acne and bacteria, the Ph is perfect and I noticed an improvement in my skincolor since using it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2004 6:26:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

This does really well for EXTREMELY oily skin. I thought I had relly oily skin until I tried this. OUCH! It controls oil and gets all the gunk off your face but it strips your skin off too! My face itched and got very taught. I have strong skin that handles everything I have ever tried until now...Wonder if it FDA approved even?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2004 11:58:00 AM More reviews by daltontk

For the first few days this product worked great but after day 4 my face became extremely tight and my nose started itching uncontrollability. It did, however, rid my face of 85% of the pimples. I guess this one was just too harsh for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2003 10:23:00 PM More reviews by glossiest81

This is an excellent cleanser for skin with blemishes. It comes in a cute clear pump bottle. The product itself is an aqua blue gel that makes a nice foamy lather when mixed with warm water. Just make sure you use a moisturizer right after because it not your skin will feel a little dried. I don't recommend this for drier skin tpyes but I have oily combo skin so it works great for me. My pimples started drying out after the first wash with this cleanser. It really cleans your pores and makes your skin clearer. After 4 days, my acne scars are lightening. This product is a staple for me when my skin acts up.