Smashbox Smashing Brandy

2.9

on 1/31/2013 8:30:00 PM

If you have very pigmented lips this works great as a nude lipstick! You will need gloss over it though! Works great with a lipliner!

on 2/10/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have a tan skin color,bought this product online(it seemed a bit"pink",and not so pale on the pic).When the package came,I tried it,it made me look like an ill person,so pale!!Plus,it dried my lips. Without wearing anything on the bottom(be it another lipstick with brighter color,or lipgloss) I don't think it'll work on me.Gosh,I hate it! Too bad that I can't do refund since I don't live in USA..

on 10/8/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first makeup product from smashbox that i have been SUPER disappointed with. I am in love with nude lipsticks but when I got this I felt like i was lied to. first of all, its not nude, its more like concealer flesh color. O, ya and it has the texture of a concealer as well. thick, cakey, and just plain gross. Even with gloss, it ends up making this wierd mess of cakeyness and gloss on the lips. I hate this product and I wish I could just throw it away, but that would be a waste of money. :(

p.s. mine smells bad too. hmm...... what is goin on with smashbox.

on 9/4/2007 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm torn with this one. It's a very unflattering shade when first applied (at least on me), but after it settles it becomes a fairly pretty & natural nude pink. I am very fair and this works ok on me. The texture is not so good, however. It's creamy yet very 'cakey' looking, and it is definitely matte coverage; there is no shine. I've used this as an everyday lipstick, but I don't recommend it if you want a more moisturizing and cooler toned color.

on 11/22/2004 7:19:00 PM

The color is a nice pinkish nude. It is a matte color, and so can dry out the lips a little. But, with a nice coat of gloss, you get the look of nude shiny pouty lips.

on 11/5/2004 6:22:00 PM

I bought this color and had high hopes for it. It goes on dry and immediately goes into the tiny lines in my lips, making them look dried up. The color just sat there on my lips and did not really ever "set". I will never buy this product again.

on 3/13/2003 12:05:00 PM

Great pinky nude color. There is one of these in every line. Stila Emily or MAC Uncorked (disc) or Spirit are the closest matches I can think of off the top of my head. The name Brandy is obviously misleading nothing "brandy-colored" about this. The texture of this is a creamy matte that is similar to MAC lipsticks. Not drying and long-lasting with no obnoxious smells. This one has no shimmer. Price is comparable to other high ends...which means its unreasonable yet we still buy anyways.

Popular Lipsticks