Avon Moisture Therapy Alpha Hydroxy Body Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, this product has been discontinued.

I like this lotion. It doesn't completely get rid of the razor bumps on my legs (only one lotion did that, and it was discontinued years ago), but my skin is smoother than it would be without this product. It's the best cheap AHA lotion I've found for my legs so far.

It's light and doesn't have much of a scent, so if I want to smell nice I apply a scented lotion on top of it.

Unfortunately, this is all kind of moot. I'm on my last bottle and this lotion hasn't been on the Avon site since I bought it. They haven't come out with a replacement for this product, either.

on 5/8/2009 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this lotion for only about a week and a half and already I feel the difference in my skin. My arms feel so much smoother and softer. My legs have felt the greatest change. Now after shaving they are the softest they have been in a while and I'm not sure why but I even feel like I have been getting a closer shave. I even used the lotion one night by accident after I shaved (the bottle says not to) and it didn't burn nearly as bad as I thought it would. It was barely a tingle. It goes on very light, almost seems like it's not going to moisturize at all. Once it soaks in though, skin feels good and not at all greasy. For the price you can't go wrong. The bottle is huge and I ordered it on sale at Avon for $3.99. Most other AHA lotions on the market are at least $15 for a smaller sized bottle. I rated it a 4 because the smell is a little mediciney, but it doesn't linger too long.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Considering I tried this for a mere $2.99 I think I got my money's worth. It definitely competes with more expensive AHA body lotions. Light, non greasy, absorbs well, and the AHA actually does help to smooth out skin. The scent bothered me a bit... it was like the Moisture Therapy scent but with some weird chemical scent underneath. Might purchase again if I got it really cheap again, but I think I prefer Eucerin's AHA lotion.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lotion is great! It got rid of the bumps on my elbows, thighs and buttocks. Smell is not to great and it goes on a bit sticky, but great for keratosis pilaris (bumps).

on 6/26/2004 12:18:00 PM

Awesome stuff. Weird smell (not bad, but not good)... makes skin really soft. A lot comes in this bottle, too.

on 3/12/2003 8:23:00 PM

This particular lotion is just okay to me. It's rather light (especially considering the name) and pretty think and runny. I don't care for the perfumey-mediciney scent. I'd rather have yummy smelling lotions. Luckily, I got this super cheap at an Avon warehouse sale.