The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Mica (Opacifier), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

on 1/2/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I consider this as a makeup item rather than a skincare item ,i use it whenever i don't want to wear foundation coz once i apply this i dont feel the need to apply foundation really . It gives my face a gorgeous glow , plumps my face , fills in pores and fine lines , makes my face looks younger and my skin looks much fresher coz it has a nice matte finish to it .. A healthy dewy matte not flat matte if you know what i mean

Pros:
- Works on its own and as primer under foundation

Cons: price

Will buy again

on 12/11/2014 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love love love this product. I've been using it for my acne dark spots, day by day they have improved thanks to this product. I'm now considering buying the serum (just because it is more potent).

Plus it has a lovely citrus fragrance.

Only thing is that you have to wait a little bit for this product to dry, so don't touch your face in the meantime.

Will definitely purchase again.

on 12/7/2014 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As other reviewers have mentioned, this is loaded with silicones, but that makes it a superb makeup primer - foundation and concealer goes on much smoother and invisibly, and stays put the whole day, without "settling" into lines. So while it did nothing for me in terms of actual skin "boosting", I would buy it again to be used as a makeup primer.

on 5/10/2014 5:44:00 PM

I bought this thinking it was a serum, but it is a primer. It feels very much of silicone, and has small flecks of shimmer (gold and orange). I think it's alright as a primer (but I think they are all pretty much the same) but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this to use as a primer, not necessarily for the skin boosting qualities and I am glad I did since this works wonders. I use it before using Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream and also Kat Von D Lockit Foundation and it is amazing! It makes my skin feel so silky and creates the perfect smooth canvas. Has not broken me out and I use it very frequently. One pump is enough to cover my entire face and neck.This retails for $27 but you can find it for as low as $16-$17 if you buy it from Ebay or take advantage of The Body Shop sales (and they always seem to have them.)

on 2/2/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this as a primer. It makes my skin so smooth that my foundation just glides on. However, it does not even out my skin tone despite the vitamin c claims.

on 1/23/2014 11:08:00 AM

A sales rep at the Body Shop convinced me to buy this on the basis that it would improve my hyperpigmentation from acne along with the Drops of Youth serum. I've been using this religiously for 3 months and I haven't notice any improvement whatsoever! I'm still not exactly sure what the purpose of this product is - on one hand it's meant to give your skin a vitamin C boost, presumably for brightening and lightening up pigmentation (however that does not work), and it doubles as a makeup primer? I do wear makeup on top of this occasionally and I haven't found it to increase the staying power of mineral or liquid foundations. Won't repurchase this one as I don't really see the purpose of it!

on 1/21/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love TBS because they are CRUELTY FREE and I am currently trying to only buy cruelty free products. I love to use this product as a makeup primer since it leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and even. My regimen consists of washing my face, toner, eye cream, nourishing face lotion and then THE VITAMIN C SKIN BOOST last before putting on foundation. A little bit of this product goes a long way and it needs to be spread out and allowed to soak into skin. It has a refreshing orange scent to it. I would repurchase again but not at full price. TBS always has specials with B1G1half off or B2G2, but I like to wait for black friday when the whole store is 3/$30...which makes this bottle only $10!!!!

This is alright. It basically is just silicone with a fragrance. It does smell delicious. But doesn't do anything for skin. It kindof makes my skin nicely matte when I apply it, and does make skin look instantly radiant, but this doesn't last. It is very expensive for what it is also, but does last quite long. The pump is nice too. I would not repurchase.

on 12/28/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First impression: though it does have that silicone-y feel I am pretty pleased with the product's performance. Although I have used only once it did leave a good impression on me. I have oily skin but am using benzoyl peroxide here and there in order to have a blemish free face. First I applied my new moistruizer (Sans Soucis Aqua Clear Skin) which I left to sink into my skin. Then I applied this serum sparingly (<1 pump), and on top of it my new foundation (Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation). This foundation doesn't control shine at all and I start to shine after two hours of wear time. By the end of the day my skin looks horrible, like an oil slick. But, combining with these two products, although I have had a sheen, the oil control was way better with these two products than with a random moistruizer and random primer. I am really happy that it did control oil so well and that my foundation lasted longer (worn it for 10 hr!!) which encouraged me to continue to start using it on everyday basis. I recommend it for everyone who has oily or combination skin who wears foundations "for all skin types" - that don't have (any) oil control. I took one lippie off because of that silicone feel since I am not fond of it. Comparing the silicone-y feel of this serum to Benefit's Porefacional has a more moistuizing sensation and iscnot as dry as that primer. Oh, and my foundation did glide nicer! So to sum the positives: makes you foundation go on nicer, prolongs the wear time, oil control is very good, has skin benefits according to The Body Shop.