December 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by 92DingDong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love love love this product. I've been using it for my acne dark spots, day by day they have improved thanks to this product. I'm now considering buying the serum (just because it is more potent).

Plus it has a lovely citrus fragrance.

Only thing is that you have to wait a little bit for this product to dry, so don't touch your face in the meantime.

Will definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by brend

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As other reviewers have mentioned, this is loaded with silicones, but that makes it a superb makeup primer - foundation and concealer goes on much smoother and invisibly, and stays put the whole day, without "settling" into lines. So while it did nothing for me in terms of actual skin "boosting", I would buy it again to be used as a makeup primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by KCucumber

I bought this thinking it was a serum, but it is a primer. It feels very much of silicone, and has small flecks of shimmer (gold and orange). I think it's alright as a primer (but I think they are all pretty much the same) but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I bought this to use as a primer, not necessarily for the skin boosting qualities and I am glad I did since this works wonders. I use it before using Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream and also Kat Von D Lockit Foundation and it is amazing! It makes my skin feel so silky and creates the perfect smooth canvas. Has not broken me out and I use it very frequently. One pump is enough to cover my entire face and neck.This retails for $27 but you can find it for as low as $16-$17 if you buy it from Ebay or take advantage of The Body Shop sales (and they always seem to have them.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this as a primer. It makes my skin so smooth that my foundation just glides on. However, it does not even out my skin tone despite the vitamin c claims.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A sales rep at the Body Shop convinced me to buy this on the basis that it would improve my hyperpigmentation from acne along with the Drops of Youth serum. I've been using this religiously for 3 months and I haven't notice any improvement whatsoever! I'm still not exactly sure what the purpose of this product is - on one hand it's meant to give your skin a vitamin C boost, presumably for brightening and lightening up pigmentation (however that does not work), and it doubles as a makeup primer? I do wear makeup on top of this occasionally and I haven't found it to increase the staying power of mineral or liquid foundations. Won't repurchase this one as I don't really see the purpose of it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love TBS because they are CRUELTY FREE and I am currently trying to only buy cruelty free products. I love to use this product as a makeup primer since it leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and even. My regimen consists of washing my face, toner, eye cream, nourishing face lotion and then THE VITAMIN C SKIN BOOST last before putting on foundation. A little bit of this product goes a long way and it needs to be spread out and allowed to soak into skin. It has a refreshing orange scent to it. I would repurchase again but not at full price. TBS always has specials with B1G1half off or B2G2, but I like to wait for black friday when the whole store is 3/$30...which makes this bottle only $10!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is alright. It basically is just silicone with a fragrance. It does smell delicious. But doesn't do anything for skin. It kindof makes my skin nicely matte when I apply it, and does make skin look instantly radiant, but this doesn't last. It is very expensive for what it is also, but does last quite long. The pump is nice too. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First impression: though it does have that silicone-y feel I am pretty pleased with the product's performance. Although I have used only once it did leave a good impression on me. I have oily skin but am using benzoyl peroxide here and there in order to have a blemish free face. First I applied my new moistruizer (Sans Soucis Aqua Clear Skin) which I left to sink into my skin. Then I applied this serum sparingly (<1 pump), and on top of it my new foundation (Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation). This foundation doesn't control shine at all and I start to shine after two hours of wear time. By the end of the day my skin looks horrible, like an oil slick. But, combining with these two products, although I have had a sheen, the oil control was way better with these two products than with a random moistruizer and random primer. I am really happy that it did control oil so well and that my foundation lasted longer (worn it for 10 hr!!) which encouraged me to continue to start using it on everyday basis. I recommend it for everyone who has oily or combination skin who wears foundations "for all skin types" - that don't have (any) oil control. I took one lippie off because of that silicone feel since I am not fond of it. Comparing the silicone-y feel of this serum to Benefit's Porefacional has a more moistuizing sensation and iscnot as dry as that primer. Oh, and my foundation did glide nicer! So to sum the positives: makes you foundation go on nicer, prolongs the wear time, oil control is very good, has skin benefits according to The Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by AshtonLucien

Perfect makeup base. My mascara no longer leaves residue under my eye thanks to this product! Incredibly smooth application. Would prefer a bit more Moisture. Overall very nice, lovely smell.