April 18, 2014 | 1777 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Mauve Crystal

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Bellavistarn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick was discontinued a few years ago and I was very upset because it was my HG lipstick. It was a beautiful color and matched my coloring perfectly. It was a very popular color and there was a mad scramble on EBAY to purchase the remaining product with some bids up to $50.00. Why Clinique chose to discontinue such a popular color was baffling to me.. I wrote to them expressing my disappointment. The answer I got back was that if I combined 3 different colors (they gave me the names) that it would produce a close match to the Mauve Crystal. So, that was the gimmick..discontinue the product and get people to purchase 3 tubes of lipstick!! I decided never to buy another Clinique product again. Then I read on MUA that Clinique's Silvery Moon was a dupe of Mauve Crystal. I tried it at the store and it is an almost perfect match. I purchased it despite my vow not to buy Clinique again. If you were in love with Mauve Crystal then I highly recommend the Silvery Moon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Sam3215

This dosent show up at all on my lips. I wear it under pink gloss, just for some extra shimmer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: Clinique Silvery Moon is a near dupe of the discontinued Mauve Crystal color.

Mauve Crystal is the first Clinique lipstick I ever purchased, and for years, it was the only lipstick I wore. Once I ventured more bravely into the world of color, I barely gave this little standby a backward glance, but I feel sad that is is no longer available. I always carried one on me and used it like a balm/gloss because the texture was so soft and smooth and moisturizing, with just a hint of pink shimmer. Mauve Crystal was one of only a handful of lipsticks, even to this day, that I have repurchased more than once; that's how much I loved it. I no longer have a tube laying around for comparison, but MAC's Syrup might be a close second, but without as much shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

I got this in a swap. The reviews here were mostly positive so I decided to give it a try-I've never had anything Clinique before, with the exception of their Happy-scented hand lotion. The color, to me, is not mauve at all. It is a bright bubblegum pink, with specks of shimmer. It goes on sheer, and leaves the faintest hint of sheen. This is good for a natural daytime look-it enhances your lips without making them look scary. What I like best about the product is that it feels like it moisturizes my lips, unlike other lipsticks which feel tight and like they are drying out my lips. The texture of this is similar to a lip balm. Obviously then, the staying power is not the best. I don't know how much this cost but it probably wasn't too much. I wouldn't repurchase simply because it's not dramatic enough a look or something that is so gorgeous that I will need to buy it for myself...that is, if I ever use this one up! Currently though I'm carrying it with me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2005 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just wanted to give a shout out to the first lipstick I ever owned. My mother bought me this little beauty when I was in seventh grade back in '89. Good times, good times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 8:13:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Clinique's 'mauve crystal' was my favorite lipstick before I defected to gloss. In fact, it was the only lipstick that I wore--I picked it out for my prom when I got my makeup done for the first time. For a hestitant makeup first-timer, the result was instantly addictive: the color was sheer mauve, so it added shimmer to my lips without dramatically altering their appearance; the texture was as light as lipstain, so my lips felt balmy and burden-free. I have since then tried to find sheer lipsticks that are similar to 'mauve crystal,' and while I have been happy with some, notably Fresh's 'studio call' and Laura Mercier's 'pink dawn,' none had a unique color like Clinique's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 4:55:00 PM More reviews by keahi

Oh, Mauve Crystal. This was one of my first lipsticks ever, and I really was fond of it. I loved how sheer this one was--it made my lips so much prettier but you couldn't really tell I was wearing lipstick. The Different l/s formula is very nice IMO. I'm sad they disc. this one--it wasn't very flashy but it always looked good. They came out with one in the Bare Brilliance line which is similar (Orchid Shimmer) but not quite the same. Pity.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2004 5:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkpetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shade of pink on me! It's sheer enough to wear everyday, and oh-so shiny! I love how it has a pinch of shimmer in it, too. It's sort of like an angel pink. I will use this for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 3:28:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i like this stuff, and have used it for years. now, it's not for everyone, as it does show up as a pale shimmery pinky purple on lips. but i am a blonde PPP and just love the stuff. part of it is nostalgia (like the other reviewer below, i have used this stuff since junior high too) and part of it is the color, and partly maybe i haven't quite moved on from the barbie lips phase yet. it is a pretty color for summer, though. i will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2004 5:14:00 PM More reviews by teenage3478bag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

omg i cant say enough about this lipstick. i first bought it when i was in junior high. I was totally drawn to the pinkness/shimmer. im PPP and this lipstick is almost half gone! ahh someone said they are discontinuing it. what will happen then?!?