Clinique Different Lipstick - Shy

4.5

INGREDIENTS: castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- lip balm texture
- moisturizing
- sheer plummy mauve so looks natural and goes with most colours I wear
- good amount of lipstick in tube for the price

Cons:
- shade is too light for impact; hardly different from my lip shade
- don't like green tube (but that's a personal preference) and won't stop me from buying again

Very nice sheer plummy mauve if you don't want definite colour but could benefit from the lip balm. Would buy again as one of essentials in my purse.

(1=bad, 2=disappointing, 3=good but may find comparable others, 4=very good but not holy grail, 5=one of the best or possibly irreplaceable)

on 6/25/2014 2:21:00 PM

I got this FWP and did not think I would like it at all -- it's very plummy looking in the tube. But it turns out it's a sheer mauve and I love it! I'm usually someone who wears tinted lip balm and my HG is Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig, but this may be my new HG. It seems to stay on my lips longer and feels more moist than Burt's.

on 7/17/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick is so pretty and moisturizing. I am never disappointed with the texture of their different lipsticks. It looks like a dark plumish pink color in the tube but comes out as a pretty pink color. The more you apply the darker it is. On my pale pink lips it's looks very pretty :)

I really like this particular shade but it has very little staying power compared to my other lipsticks. I have a load of other mauve-y shades so I wouldn't re-purchase.

on 5/29/2013 9:13:00 PM

Oh me oh my. What a wonderful shade. I imagine this would look great on any skin tone.

on 4/3/2013 1:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This was a GWP. I was hesitant to choose this color or the lighter shimmery pink they offered but the SA showed me how sheer it is so I decided to get this one. Since I'm older I don't care to wear dark reds like I used to and pinks sometimes look a bit juvenile on me. I just wore it today and love it! It's a lovely sheer plum red/pink, it give my lips just a hint of color and it's very flattering for my medium w/yellow undertone skin. I've had it on for about eight hours now, no retouching and it still feels moist. (Okay, I'm crazy careful about how I eat and drink so I don't have to redo my lips)

I would definitely re-purchase this one again!

on 10/26/2012 1:42:00 AM

This is my #1 HG lipstick, and whaddaya know--it's the first Clinique lipstick I ever bought in 8th grade! I think it was something about the cute name "Shy" that initially drew me in, but when I brought this beauty home, I was happy to discover the shade looked lovely with my skintone and grey-green eyes. On me it's a muted, sheer berry. I love that it's so easy to wear. I also love that it is softly glossy with no shimmer--polished yet natural. The packaging is pretty. All-around a great lipstick!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this in a GWP. Very nice pink nude shade on my DDD pigmented lips. I do not need a mirror to apply this and that is a big plus for me. I am not very particular abt lipstick..I concentrate more on the face and blush :)
I am unsure if I will repurchase since I only use drugstore brands for lipstick.

on 4/2/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received this lipstick as a free sample and I really like it. The color is very flattering, I am a redhead and very pale, and it is non-drying. I also like that it can be layered so that you can either have a very subtle hint of color or a more bold look. It is one of the few lip colors that I feel I can wear equally in the summer and winter.

on 2/24/2012 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty sheer pinkish-plum color, a bit brighter and ‘pinker’ than descriptions and online swatches led me to believe. I am not sure if it’s the holy grail MLBB lip color I’ve been searching for (for the last 10 years!), but it has the potential to be. I like the formula; its sheer enough to apply without a mirror, but buildable if I apply, blot, and reapply. The staying power is average, about 2 hrs, and it feels comfortable on my lips. Its creamy (no shimmer) with a moist (not glossy) finish. It does seem to whiten my teeth and brighten my face, and while I’d classify it as a ‘cooler’ shade, it seems to go well with any makeup tones I’m wearing. Its an easy to wear color, in an easy to wear formula. I am fickle with lip products, but this one’s a ‘keeper’!

Recommended for Medium Skin