July 29, 2014 | 1587 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solution

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jessicapeel

As someone with combination oily Asian skin, I believe this product ruined my skin and made it worse. I rashly bought this expensive 3-step care product in an attempt to solve my sudden acne outbreaks only for more pimples to start appearing on my forehead and cheeks.
Despite the good reviews i read, this product did not work for me at all and severely dried out my cheek even after moisturising.
After researching why I wasn't getting results, I found that all the alcohol and chemicals in this product made my skin lose its natural shine by stripping natural oils and caused my forehead to become even more oily.
I switched to alcohol-free gentle cleaners and am slowly getting back my normal skin.
Wouldn't recommend and regretful about the amount of money spent on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Specter

I'm Indian, with combination skin (oily cheeks and forehead), along with severe, scar leaving acne. Yup, I got the whole package.

I'm well into my late 20s, and after having tried practically every brand (Kiehl's, Bioderma, L'Oreal, Neutrogena etc.) that promised to clear up my skin, and didn't, I refused to try Clinique, convinced that I just had to live with walking around with at least 3 white headed pimples on my face for the rest of my life.

Until someone gave me one of their tester sets. And I wished I'd used it sooner. The product is wonderful.Let me explain - The cleanser makes your skin feel fresh and clean, and doesn't dry it out. On weekends, I often just wash my face, and then apply no moisturiser, but my skin does just fine. The toner calms and cools your skin.

However, I did not find the moisturiser useful, it was far too light.

So when I went to buy the Cleanser and Toner, I bought another Clinique product - Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. Which was once again, a real find - it's the only moisturiser that has ever kept my skin soft and smooth without making it the least bit oily.

Ever since, I have never used a non Clinique product on my face, (including compact, which is the only make up I use). The 2 step system had calmed my face, I rarely ever get a pimple, and the moisturiser is absolutely great.

I would recommend it for sure, to anyone who has whiteheads, and oily skin, and is living in despair. Having lived with acne for over 15 years, I wouldn't make this recommendation lightly.

One thing it does not do, is erase acne scars. For anyone who's reading this, no product will do that. It does lighten them, but that's only from black to brown/reddish. Acne scars are for life, unless you're willing to do a surgical procedure like laser or microdermambrasion.

In conclusion, great products (the cleanser and the toner), practically cleared up my acne 99%, non - drying, and the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel - light, hydrating and keeps your skin oil free.

Yes, they're expensive, but for what it achieved, I find it absolutely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Beth1988

Amazing products!! You really have to STICK WITH IT as it will initially make you break out as it is bringing all the impurities out of your pores and takes a while to truly see the benefits they say 2 weeks but I say 3/4. I have now been using it for 2 months and my skin is completely flawless! I have dry skin with an oily T zone and used to break out in huge blister like spots and regularly have marks from previous spots or awful dry skin from dried up spots all of which have dissapeared and my skin finally looks as clear as it did when I was a little fresh faced girl! SO impressed, didn't renew the cleansing foam as it doesn't remove make up and seemed a waste of money so just use the liz earl cleansing polish in the morning instead and the Clinique take the day off cleanser at night but I think you could use either night and morning! If you can be patient you really won't regret it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by beautysign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't work for me , it didn't make my spot prone skin clearer and it didn't make it worse. It did nothing. The only plus for me was that you get a lot of product for your money and it lasted a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by asikay

it solved my acne problem, did not the same for my friend. regulates oiliness, clears breakouts after some use (month) and you have to continue! As clinique states it is not a therapy since acne has to do with oil production of the skin , it is a "keeping calm your acne " treatment! successful! :) love it! I have not sensitive, medium complexion, combination oily skin. I do not have acne because of hormones, food allergy, and stuff.. so if the reason for acne is other than infected breakouts because of clogging pores that oily-skin condition causes do not expect miracles and try a dermatologist! Insist on all steps as only half might dry your skin, or over moisturize your skin! Combine your acne with SPF!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Lushluke

The anti-blemish 3 step saved my skin, been using it for over a year, am so happy with the results! I recommend young adults to buy this I am 27 with adult acne, I have tried and spent so much, I wish I had found this regime sooner!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by bonbon01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT EVEN TRY IT if you have sensitive asian skin. (Sensitive skin from trying all the other supposedly acne curing products)
The moisture: so-called sebum control dries up your skin so much, skin secretes even more oil at T-zone, but skin gets too dry and flaky at chin and jawline)
The cleanser: is definitely too strong for the average dedicate and thin asian skin.
The toner: Acid content is very strong, salicylic acid is not in any way helpful.

Overall, this set of products is very drying, kills your skin, not to mention it's so overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by elinsiw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this 3-step solution about a month ago, due to some really bad break-outs.
My skin had never been that bad before, and I went to Clinique for help - and I got it.
At first it got a bit worse, but that was expected - since it had to clean all the dirt lying underneath the surfice of my skin. As a complement to the anti-blemish moisturizer (since my skin is really dry) I'm also using the moisture surge instense, and the moisture surge overnight mask. This keeps my skin super hydrated.
Now my skin is really starting to clear up, and I'm starting to feel "clean" again. There is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable with how your skin looks, and always worrying about more painful and ugly break-outs. I'm really glad I bought this, and I will continue using it until I'm completely blemish-free. Then I'm going to buy the 3-step solution for dry skin, just like the girl from Clinique recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

worst product! made my oily skin way more greasy and with cystic acne to boot! expensive and overrated!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lulabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never experienced something like this in my life ...i started using these products about a week ago and my face looks horrible,i have never had so many pimples before.It dried out my skin so badly and when i put my foundation on it looks like a mask and really really bad, even if i use a good moisturiser (because the 3 step moisturiser is not really a moisturiser).
I dont know if its purging but i think not because in the past I used different products that caused purging but never got this kind of weird acne before.
Im taking a break no, i dont know if im going to use this again but if i will and i will notice a change i will come back and make another review..but i honestly doubt that.
Im really pissed since in my country this is very expensive and you cannot return products here.

later edit: my skin is normally dry so this product dried it out beyond imagination.so people with oily skin my give it a try .. for my dry/sensitive skin it dind't work at all.