Clinique Anti Blemish Solution

2.9

on 5/19/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use the toner & the salicylic acid spot treatment gel (as well as the mild facial bar soap for oily skin, liquid facial soap for oily skin, dramatically different moisturizer gel 100% oil free & moisture surge the regular & the overnight mask). I am so in luv w Clinique skin care. I have tough oily skin that just won't quit & this stuff takes the oil down whilst moisturizing it enough to not be at all dry. I kno if you pile on too many harsh chemicals u can get excess oil production but I don't feel that's happening w my regimen. I used to use the Take The Day Off Products (oil; balm) & it gave me keratitis in my eyes! But this works for me along with Micellar water at night to dissolve makeup added into my routine (I used to use makeup wipes which don't really take it all off) & Simple eyemakeup remover wipes for delicate eye area. My skin is doing good, it's kinda oily but not a single blemish in quite a long time oh gosh at least 2-3 months now so I am very happy indeed!! I may switch to "lotion #2" next bottle for toner coz I don't know if I need to be using such a harsh toner I used to use 2 & had good results...

on 3/26/2015 8:11:00 AM

Dried out my skin so badly... The toner was the worst part. Do not recommend it for dry skin. Didnt take care of any of my acne. The one and only thing I liked was the foundation.

on 2/23/2015 8:24:00 PM

I'm so shocked at all the negative reviews on this product! My skin is really sensitive & I don't find it harsh at all. The cleanser makes my skin soo soft & supple I can't stop touching it! I don't use the entire blemish range as im worried it'll be too drying so instead I use it with the number 2 toner and the gel moisturiser - perfect combo :)

My forehead acne made me cry cause all those breakout didn't want to go away and the new ones kept coming to the surface. This kit helped me to clear up my skin and now I break out twice a month instead of twice a week. However, I have discovered products that are a bit more effective and have less irritants. BUT I still think that it works, especially the lotion which I liked the most.

on 1/12/2015 10:08:00 AM

I have had acne for the past 7 years and have tried every product on the shelf! I finally decided to spend a bit more money and get this kit! I have dry acne prone skin and suffer from blemishes around my chin! As other reviews have said this product does dry you skin out.....but pair it with an equally good moisturiser and that will sort that out, I use cliniques moisture surge over night mask! I have been using this for over a month and I love it! My skin is completely clear apart from acne scaring! I have never felt this confident about my skin until now! This past week I haven't had to use concealer and I have put it down to this product! Different things work for different people so you won't know until you have tried it! I also use the foam wash with a face brush (olay) and I think that has contributed to my skin being so clear! The only tip I can give is to make sure you use this alongside a good moisturiser and don't give up on it too soon!

on 12/28/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin especially in the t-zone area and my cheeks. I have used this skincare set for about two years now, and to be honest I regret wasting both time and money now that I have found out what the real damage to my skin has been this whole time. I always thought my breakouts were because of my hormones, but when I recently switched to Clarins skincare I saw my acne and oiliness disappear slowly. The anti-blemish solution has done nothing for me. Instead of feeling moisturized I feel constantly dried out yet oily by the moisturizer. The cleanser made me break out and so did the moisturizer, the only product I find decent is the toner, which is extremely strong and effective only if I have a massive breakout. I do not think that this kit helps preventing blemishes and acne, on the contrary, it did nothing good for my skin other than leaving it dry, irritated and full of constant breakouts.

I would not recommend this to anyone with any kind of skin type; it is not moisturizing enough and will only dry out your skin! save your money and buy Clarins facial treatments instead, they are so much better.

on 12/28/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this skin care system because after a trip my face broke out very badly. I am black, I have combination oily (oily t zone, comfy cheeks), sensitive, acne prone skin. I bought the small pack to try it, it worked ok for while. So I went ahead and bought the bigger bottles. My face broke out sooooo badly that I had to go to the Dr to get prescription. My face was so dry that I could hardly lift my brows. The toner burned my face and the moisturize did nothing to help the dryness.After that I have stopped using it completely and my face returned to bring much better. I would not buy this again.

on 12/28/2014 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have mixed skin (oily parts on the forehead and chin). 2-3 blemishes coming up weekly on the cheeks too. So, I bought that set after recommendation by a Clinique agent.
Two weeks of usage and I have really gone to hell!!!
The foam is smooth, doesn´t smell and your skin feels cleaned and soft.
The Clarifying Lotion is horrible - smells totally like alcohol; my skin burned and got totally dry when I was using it. I stopped using that immediately.
The All Over Clearing Treatment seems to be good, left a good feeling on the skin.

After a couple days using the set, I started to break out even more. After two weeks it got worse. When I stopped using it, my skin break outs got back to normal.

The foam is a mess: It made my skin so dry and red and itchy after using it for a while. But the worst is, that my eyelids got crayfish-coloured red and scaly. They were itchy and burning when you washed your eyes with clear water for 2, 5 MONTHS!!! I wasn´t able to use eyeshadow any more. Any skincare (even dermatologically ones) did nothing or made it worse. So I had to leave the skin alone. The first week my eyelids looked like sunburned. Well, now you will ask yourselves why I washed my lids with the foam??? I didn´t. This skin reaction I just got from basing the face after massaging the foam on the forehead area.

I wouldn´t recommend it to anyone with good conscience.

on 9/18/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this 3 step kit. I LOVE the way the cleanser smells (shallow-yeah, I know..) but to be honest--it doesn't do much in the way of cleansing. It doesn't take off makeup well..and I find even with no makeup my face warrants a second wash. The toner(lotion) I also like..it works OK.. works better then the cleanser for sure!.. and I would definitely repurchase that! The 3rd step I love. I use it with other systems (Proactiv) because it gives a bit of moisture(not much, and they changed the name from moisturizer to all over clearing treatment) and also helps clear your face. Over all--i like the products..and even tho I love the way the cleanser smells, I would just repurchase the toner And 3rd step treatment... over all, I think if you had a more exfoliating cleanser to use with the 1st step this might work a bit better....I really believe in Proactiv's way of doing stuff with a exofoliating benzoyl peroxide cleanser...but I like cliniques 3rd step a lot..its a bit less drying then Proactiv's. I think you just haveto give it a try---AND substitute the cleanser with a benzoyl peroxide cleanser every couple days at least.

on 9/18/2014 2:05:00 AM

I have been using this product for over 2 weeks and all it did was to give me a forehead full off pimples. I cant believe that whis could give me more pimples. Gonna use it for another 2 weeks and se if it makes any difference.

Popular Treatments (Face)