Clinique Anti Blemish Solution

2.8

on 7/11/2015 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is very oily and I also suffer from acne so I needed a strong cleanser, toner and moisturiser to try and control the levels of oil in my skin and also help prevent breakouts. I began using Clinique 3 step for oily skin- I bought a months supply to begin with, this contained a cleanser gel, toner and a moisturising gel. I saw significant improvements in my skin condition after 2 weeks using this treatment twice daily. So last week I went back into clinique to buy another months treatment set (it's nearly 30 a bottle for the big ones) and the lady said there was a offer on and if I bought 2 items i would get a free skin care set and I knew I needed a decent eye makeup remover so I picked that up, I had a choice of a number of skin care sets but the one most suited was the "anti blemish solutions" set, note: this was 7 days ago. So on the first evening I decided to start using the anti blemish instead of going back to the oily skin treatment, I exfoliated my skin with a brush whilst applying the cleanser, my face was burning and went red raw, applying the toner my skin burnt and the moisturiser didn't help. I shrugged it off and blamed the exfoliating brush (because this was new also) I continued to use it throughout the week and day after day a new spot would show up on my chin, they aren't your average pimple either, they're aggressive, painful cysts, I still persisted on using the anti blemish solutions everyday twice a day, I thought maybe the burning feeling the cleanser gave me might be a hint that it's working to kill off the spots. I was very wrong as this morning I've woken up with another two large nasty spots, I applied the cleanser, toner and moisturiser again this time specifically on the spots massaging gently, it once again stung very badly. I am so disappointed in this, my skin now looks terrible and I was doing so well on the oily skin treatment. I intend on telling the lady at the clinique counter how badly this product has effected my skin and I am going to start using the oily skin treatment immediately.

I have a full review on my blog, please visit http://tryandreviewblog.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you have a blog too, so I can visit ^^

on 5/26/2015 7:22:00 AM

I used this line for about two years and apart from making my face super dry, it never really helped with clearing up my skin.

on 5/26/2015 6:38:00 AM

Saved my life! My skin is flawless I have been using this now for over a year and half cannot live without it. Can be drying but I just use a booster oil free moisturiser on top

on 5/24/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So Me and My Mom went to Rustan's Store 3 weeks ago, I have a mild acne so we asked a lady about the best product for teens and she said Clinique works.so we went to clinique then the saleslady offered us the antiblemish set which is 6,000 php. here so we tried it. first 2 weeks using it, it was like a heaven sent product because it works but after my third week exactly the third week, when i woke up, My face is full of Acne and Red big spots, as in it is covered with it.So my mom brought me to our dermatologist, and she said that i had to stop using clinique because it is not suited for my skin type which is SENSITIVE!, after that she prescribed me to use, cetaphil gentle cleanser and gave me a hydrocortisone cream and so far i am under medication now. Just wanna let everyone know that we have diff skin type, luckily for those people who use this and it matches their skin. beware if you dont want your skin to get worse. Ask a Doctor first if it suits you. I just totally waste our Money. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN,Consult first or better just have your medications under your dermatologist :)) BTW, I am not just sensitive, i'm also have oily skin but not that acne prone.

on 5/19/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use the toner & the salicylic acid spot treatment gel (as well as the mild facial bar soap for oily skin, liquid facial soap for oily skin, dramatically different moisturizer gel 100% oil free & moisture surge the regular & the overnight mask). I am so in luv w Clinique skin care. I have tough oily skin that just won't quit & this stuff takes the oil down whilst moisturizing it enough to not be at all dry. I kno if you pile on too many harsh chemicals u can get excess oil production but I don't feel that's happening w my regimen. I used to use the Take The Day Off Products (oil; balm) & it gave me keratitis in my eyes! But this works for me along with Micellar water at night to dissolve makeup added into my routine (I used to use makeup wipes which don't really take it all off) & Simple eyemakeup remover wipes for delicate eye area. My skin is doing good, it's kinda oily but not a single blemish in quite a long time oh gosh at least 2-3 months now so I am very happy indeed!! I may switch to "lotion #2" next bottle for toner coz I don't know if I need to be using such a harsh toner I used to use 2 & had good results...

on 3/26/2015 8:11:00 AM

Dried out my skin so badly... The toner was the worst part. Do not recommend it for dry skin. Didnt take care of any of my acne. The one and only thing I liked was the foundation.

on 2/23/2015 8:24:00 PM

I'm so shocked at all the negative reviews on this product! My skin is really sensitive & I don't find it harsh at all. The cleanser makes my skin soo soft & supple I can't stop touching it! I don't use the entire blemish range as im worried it'll be too drying so instead I use it with the number 2 toner and the gel moisturiser - perfect combo :)

My forehead acne made me cry cause all those breakout didn't want to go away and the new ones kept coming to the surface. This kit helped me to clear up my skin and now I break out twice a month instead of twice a week. However, I have discovered products that are a bit more effective and have less irritants. BUT I still think that it works, especially the lotion which I liked the most.

on 1/12/2015 10:08:00 AM

I have had acne for the past 7 years and have tried every product on the shelf! I finally decided to spend a bit more money and get this kit! I have dry acne prone skin and suffer from blemishes around my chin! As other reviews have said this product does dry you skin out.....but pair it with an equally good moisturiser and that will sort that out, I use cliniques moisture surge over night mask! I have been using this for over a month and I love it! My skin is completely clear apart from acne scaring! I have never felt this confident about my skin until now! This past week I haven't had to use concealer and I have put it down to this product! Different things work for different people so you won't know until you have tried it! I also use the foam wash with a face brush (olay) and I think that has contributed to my skin being so clear! The only tip I can give is to make sure you use this alongside a good moisturiser and don't give up on it too soon!

Popular Treatments (Face)