November 24, 2014 | 899 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Kiss Gloss in Cool Mint

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by nyanwatson23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bougt this bexause I couldnt find my usual mint gloss. first thing I hate, it for some reason my tube leaks and makes a very sticky mess all over my bag after usung it the first time. its also very sticky. too sticky for my likes. I like the plu, ping glosses though from nyc, but his ones just not a hit with me, who likes a sticky syrupy clutch?not going to buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by kmciolli

I bought this for a basic clear lipgloss in Clear As Can-dy (or Cool Mint).

It has a minty tingling sensation when applied which I really like. It's a little sticky, but not as sticky as I've found other clear glosses to be.

One thing that is annoying is that the product tends to ooze out of the container a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

i went in to the store to get a clear gloss to use to layer atop lipsticks. this caught my attention bc of its packaging--no dipped brush applier (which will get messy & absorb the color of the lipsticks). cheap price, nice packaging, long lasting gloss that does what it says. i would recommend & repurchase, everyone says its similar to mac lipglass- i agree. except lasts longer & wayyyyy cheaper in price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lildanic

I am not a fan of this brand normally. They are one of the lower end drugstore brands, cheaply priced and good for making a travel kit or in an emergency. However, Mixed in with all my MAC and NARS, there is one NYC product I can not live without. NYC Colors KIss Gloss in Cool Mint. Its actually a clear gloss. For around $2 this is a must have! It goes on clear over your lip color or even your regular gloss. I use it like a sealant! Your lips look like glass, but not fake and it actually locks in your color and does not get sticky and rub off. Let it sit for a minute and the shine stays unlike other lip glosses that transfer off. I noticed that my color stays intact with this product and I find that my color wont come off onto cigarettes, wine glasses, etc. This really seals in my color and is a must have! When I do see it in the store I always stock up 4 at a time because its so cheap and if its ever discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by pandatours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been through like three tubes of this stuff. I love it more than MAC Lipglass to be honest. First of all, I love the scent and the taste when I accidentally lick it. I don't think it's too overpowering, but it's definitely minty. Second of all, the lasting power is amazing. I once went on a 30 min. bike ride at night with cold winds and everything, and it stayed pretty much the same. You can apply it with your fingers or just straight out of the tube, but if you're applying with your fingers you definitely have to wash with soup to get off the sticky feeling

I enjoy using this as a "sealer" of sorts for lipstick and tinted lip balms. It definitely locks in the color and I feel like it also locks in moisture too. It's definitely not for those who like muted colors or a subtle shine...it is definitely shiny but that's partly why it's such a staple in my lip collection

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by redgerbera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a clear gloss, something similar to MAC Lipglass. This product met part of the requirement in that it's thick and somewhat tacky (meaning it will also stick to your teeth like mad). The shine is great, but I can't get past the taste. The mint is absolutely overpowering (more like a strong gum than toothpaste). There's a definite tingle to it, and although I wouldn't call it terrible, it is somewhat distracting.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Angela75

Wow. I purchased this gloss based on recommendations here and I am extremely impressed!! I have naturally wrinkled lips--they're not thin or thick-right in the middle--and I have a hard time finding glosses and lipstick that don't accentuate the lines. This makes my lips look 15 years younger in one small swipe! The finish is extraordinary; it's smooth, non drying, lasts forever, tastes and smells great and it is SHINY. Mirror shine. Sticky, for sure, but if you want a gloss that lasts, you've got to expect a thick product. It works with any colour of lipstick and it doesn't run. Thanks for the great reviews! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kimchimochi

Wow. I bought this because there was a sale on NYC stuff at CVS, and the reviews were high. I wasn't expecting much; I almost passed on it, expecting the usual watery, non-lasting gloss that comes from cheap drugstore brands. I'm so glad MUA convinced me to try it!

It has almost the exact consistency of clear MAC Lipglass - thick and sticky, which makes it last, and for way, way less money! I'm so impressed, I think I may go back and buy more while they're on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kabugila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are looking for sticky, sticky, sticky this lip gloss is the way to go. This $1.99 lip gloss rivals the much more expensive mac lipglass. I have been using this since high school. This gloss in my experience last the longest without touch up among all the other lip glosses in the market. It also doesn't smell too perfumy. I would definitely use this for a very long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by LizW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this a few days ago but love it already. I love big glossy lips and this seems to give me exactly what I want. Very smoothing. And so cheap. It's a bit sticky but I find I usually can't get enough oomph or staying power with a lip gloss unless I get something with a thick slightly sticky consistency. Also love the "squeeze on" packaging - just for the record, I hate those applicator sponges, I can never get enough product out! Will definitely buy again.
EDIT: have taken off two lippies as i have repurchased this product twice and BOTH times the tube has split and got sticky lip gloss all through my handbag. I could forgive it once, but TWICE!!??