December 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Masks - Neutrogena - Oil-Absorbing Acne Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by comfortmaven

When my face is feeling particulary oily this stuff is a fix. It really does absorb the oil and does not dry my skin out or irritate it. Girls with oily/combo skin will prolly know what I mean when I say that I can tell when my face is getting 'heavy' or 'wet' from the oil. This does not make you 'squeaky', just soft and light and 'dry'. I've kept it as a staple for years, but cannot find it now. Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is pretty good in leiu of the Neutrogena, but I'd use the Neutrogena hands down if I could find it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2005 1:47:00 PM More reviews by chopiniz

I use this product occasionally when I feel that my skin is greasier than usual. The mask is easy to apply and dries up rather quickly. After washing it off, the skin feels refreshed and cleaner, as though it has been deeply-cleansed. It is also inexpensive. However, I feel that it is only a quick fixer that provides immediate results to remove facial oil but does not improve the skin's ance condition in the long run. It will not be very useful it you are thinking of using it to cure acne. If you really want to solve the ance problem, I sincerest advice is to see a dermacologist and go on tablets like skin antibiotics or roaccutane.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2005 6:14:00 AM More reviews by jingyi83

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i dap them on my pimples overnight. true enough, they dry up much faster and heal faster. I have oily skin so maybe this mask works for me. aka suck up the oil and dry up the pimples. I use it as a mask once a week. Spreading a thin layer will do. skin does feel cleaner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mask for a couple of years. Sometime I use it like a daily treatment, sometime i use it once a week as an overnight treatment, or sometime i just use it when need to. It works fairly well when I was using it as a daily treatment, while it didnt really get rid of all of my mini pimples, but i have noticed i didnt have that much pimples, and my skin seems like smoother than usual. This mask would be good to use like once a while, but just like many other products out there in the market, you wont really see much result no more once you start to use it like a daily basic staple. Overall a good mask, will repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2004 7:18:00 PM More reviews by liltweekstar

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont have sensitive skin at all, but when I used this, my skin was really itchy n broke out into rashes the next morning. It was seriously red n I had to use hydrocortisone cream n cover it up with makeup so that no one will know that my skin had reacted BADLY to some stupid acne mask. =/

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2004 9:15:00 PM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mask! I tried it when I had really problematic skin in my early teens and it was too much for my skin to handle. I gave it another shot about a year ago (at age 25) and I am so glad that I did. I don't really get many pimples, but my pores can clog easily. This BP mask helps to unclog my pores and it also helps to reduce any redness that may have resulted from extractions. I use this as a full mask about once a week and as a spot treatment regularly. It can be drying if used as a full mask more than once or twice a week on a regular basis, particularly in the winter. It is pretty inexpensive and a tube lasts for a while. I fear that Neutrogena is discontinuing this mask, as it used to be widely available and now I am only able to locate it at Ulta. I will continue to re-purchase this product for as long as they sell it. UPDATE 10/18/2005: I ran out of my Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (that I only use as a once a week mask, never as a cleanser) and I went to replace it. Well, just as I picked it up, I noticed a few tubes of this Oil-Absorbing Mask (I believe Neutrogena stopped making it over a year ago, and I really missed it). I was pleased to see that someone still carried it, so I bought it instead of the cleanser/mask. I was sooo disappointed!! I used to love this stuff, but I guess it's too harsh for my skin again. I don't like that it's so thick (I never noticed this before, but compared to the cleanser/mask, it really is quite thick) and I don't like that it is sooo drying. My skin is normal (sometimes a little combination), not oily, but there was a time when I could use this mask reguarly, just the same. Those days are gone. I only used this once on Friday night and on Saturday (as well as Sunday and most of Monday) my skin was blotchy and looked irritated and really dry. I took this back and exchanged it for the cleanser/mask, which is less irritating to me and contains a lower percentage of BP. I will not be re-purchasing this. I will stick with the cleanser/mask, as it does a good job (even though it contains menthol) and you get a lot more product for the money. I still rated this a four, because it used to work for me and I am sure that it works well for others who have to rght kind of skin for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2004 1:03:00 PM More reviews by KayW

I like this product. It is great for dotting on pimples overnight. It helps heal them much faster. I wouldn't recommend putting this mask all over your face, as it may cause redness and dryness in some sensitive areas such as around the mouth.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2004 8:05:00 AM More reviews by calinde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mask over-dried my skin a bit. I don't leave it on for more than 10 minutes though. I've acne-prone/combination (N/O)/sensitive skin. I don't think this mask is good at preventing acne and actually prefer to rely on my Oxy 5 to do the job.

I've since passed this on to my sister who has very oily skin. She's happy with it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 8:58:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was alright. I'm not sure that it prevented any acne but it does make my skin less oily. I probably wouldn't buy it again though because I'm sure there are better masks out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by fuxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This really sucks up all the excess oil in my skin! i use this mostly everyday after my bath and with frequent use, my pores are much cleaner. i sometimes also use this as an over night spot treatment..some of my pores (cheeks) are still clogged tho. (stubborn Pores!!) will definately get this again!