April 20, 2014 | 1339 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - Eudermine

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Moopeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

For the longest time I've had really dramatically combination skin, horribly dry flakes on my cheeks and around my nose, but I was so oily at the same time. It made makeup cake up so easily and my skin looks older and uneven. I would dry it up with harsh cleansers, but the creamy ones were too oily for my skin. I tried chimical exfoliants, physical exfoliating to get rid of the flakes, and even with primer, everything still caked on my face.

Enter Eudermine. This stuff is PERFECT for dehydrated skin. I use this with the shiseido cotton pads, and my skin feels and looks a million times better. My makeup has a much smoother canvas to glide over so I can now get away with wearing products that I use to love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As I discover and begin to transition into more of Shiseido's products for my skin, I knew Eudermine was on my wish list. It seemed to be the ultimate product, having been introduced by the company in 1897. That's a lot of staying power for women who believe in beauty. But admittedly, it's expensive. I happened to be in TJMaxx one day, and lo and behold, sitting on a clearance rack, right in front on me, was a brand new bottle of Eudermine. I couldn't believe my eyes. I snatched that baby without looking back, plucked my twenty bucks down and left the store smiling all the way home. Did I mention it was the 6.7 oz. size that retails for 79 dollars?
I had already tried little vials from the Shiseido counter and Sephora. I had been using this product oh so sparingly and loved it. I dabbed it on my clean face, using it as a moisturizer/softener before my serum. I absolutely love the way Eudermine makes my skin feel so soft. It's a little difficult to explain how this product works.
It will not dry out your skin. It will exfoliate some. But not to the point of drying at all. It will take off some left-over dirt that you might have missed, if necessary. For example, one evening, I had used a facial wipe to take off my makeup. Thought my face was clean. Applied my Eudermine. The Eudermine removed the left-over makeup that I didn't know was still there.
So it makes my face softer. It does this moisturizing/softener trick on my face. It doesn't moisturize it enough to stop there. I still need my regular moisturizer, be it daytime or night moisturizer. I wouldn't call it a toner, as I remember toners making my face dry and feeling stripped. Here's the beneficial part of my face feeling softer and moisturized. Next I apply my serum, and it goes on smoother and I also don't need as much. Next I apply my moisturizer, and again, I use less than I normally would. For some reason, using Eudermine, allows me to use less of my other products. My skin is already softened by this and the usage of my serums and moisturizers is cut back (not cut, but lessened in amount) by first using Eudermine.
Shiseido says that Eudermine adjusts to climate to keep the skin's moisture level regardless of the time of year or where you live. I've been using it in 30 degree temperature fluctuations so far, so I can't tell you about all four seasons yet, but I'm sure Shiseido will come out far ahead.
Eudermine has not caused any redness, any irritation, any flakiness nor any problems with my skin so far.
The bottle we all know is quite beautiful. The large bottle has a screw-off cap. I keep it on my vanity, not in my bathroom, where I believe it's too dangerous to keep a tall glass bottle. I have poured some into the tiny plastic vial that I received from the Shiseido SA and that I keep in my bathroom. But to pamper myself sometimes, I keep small containers of each current product I'm using on my vanity in my bedroom (facial wipes, Eudermine, serum, moisturizer, eye cream) for when I'm tired and don't really have time but I need to take off my makeup before bed. We all know how important it is to go to bed with a clean face! This way, I have everything right at hand for a quick clean-off if I'm just too tired for my regular routine.
Using products that work where you see results I believe start to make you pamper yourself. Pampering yourself in turn is something we all deserve. We may not always have time, but when we do, we deserve it. Sometimes, we must make the time for ourselves. It's the luxurious feel of certain products that sometimes work for us. Shiseido is time-tested, luxurious, has worked for generations of women and stands behind their formulations. Their lines address different age groups, so it's easy to to choose where your skin concerns should be and which products you might choose.
I'm pretty happy since I've begun switching to the Shiseido line. Their products give my skin a nice radiance and a nice glow. It's not to say I don't switch every now and then to a natural vitamin C serum or my shea butter concoctions or whatever else I'd like to shake things up. But for right now, Shiseido is definitely worth my time and investment.
Even though I lucked out by only paying twenty bucks for my first bottle, believe me I will pay the full price for my next. This is one product I will always use for my skin. I love the way it makes it feel-softer, smoother and just a little plumper.
A friend of mine living in China sent me a link from a beauty forum in the country he is currently living in. I had to translate it, but it was about Eudermine. Young women in their teens start using it in their teens and never stop. They extol the values of Eudermine as a HG of a product for their skin and how wonderful their skin feels. They talk about generations in their family using the product because it works in keeping skin beautiful. All I can say is look at oriental skin and how beautiful the women keep their skin.
It's worth the price. The bottle will last quite some time. Luxuriate in it.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by BBShadowCat

This product also has a separate review in the tones page (which it is also considered to be for some people depending on their skin). I can only describe this heavenly product as a product that take on many types jobs. It can be a moisturizer, a toner or a skin softener. In other words, it can do all of the listed jobs: Moisturize, tone and soften your face/skin.I most definitely will use this product till the day I die, or until I can't afford it anymore, whichever comes first. Not only does it smell amazing and come in beautiful bottle/packaging design, the product is light and quick absorbing and makes your skin super soft and smooth. For some people, it works as a toner (reviewers have pointed out that it does contain alcohol), for others it works fine as a stand alone moisturizer. Then there are those people who find it as an extra moisture locker and skin softener for your skin (Ok I call guilty. I fall into that category). When applied, your skin absorbs this quickly and effortlessly and this will NOT leave your skin feeling heavy or oily. You can apply your moisturizer almost immediately (if you are not using his as a stand alone moisturizer that is).

In case you want to see if you can find this review relatable to you and your skin, I'm Chinese (I really don't race really matters for this product though and now that I think about it, makes me sound biased for using an asian brand...) in my early 20's, I have combination skin with the occasional pimple that decides to visit once a month in my t-zone (Ladies, I know you all know what I'm talking about).

My daily skincare regiment goes as follows: Cleanse my face with cleansing oil (this step is only done at night and use face wipes i'm im out of cleansing oil), use a gentle face wash (Cetaphil if you care to know), tone face with rosewater toner (or witch hazel depending on if my skin feels like acting up that week). Afterwards, I use this product and finally top it off with my day moisturizer or night cream. In other words, I have a "facial" twice a day in addition to using clinique's 7 day scrub once every 3 days and a clay mask once a week.

It sounds like I need facial therapy now that I reread that but people have to understand, if you are putting so much effort caking on makeup, then you have to put just as much effort to clean and take care of your face (some people can skip toners though since it can do more harm than good depending on your skin). And for those who don't wear much makeup, even better! It was tough being so strict with my skin but I soldered on with the logic, "if you want healthy skin, then you have to take the necessary steps".

A Shiseido consultant showed me how to apply it by using your hands but that in my opinion makes you waste some of the product which is why I chose to use cotton pads to apply it on my face and use the extra remaining on the pads on my hands. 3 drops (Apple as you would a tone essentially. Cap the top with a cotton ball/pad and lightly tip the bottle over 3-4 times.) is all you need for your entire face, 4 if you are feeling generous to yourself. Once you are done with your face, you can swipe the cotton pad on your neck and over the back of your hand (optional since there will still be some product left on the cotton pad). Saves you product and money.

Pricey? Yes but it's worth the splurge. The smaller bottle (125 ml / 4.2 fl. oz and about $56 without tax) lasted me over half a year (I'd say a good 7 and a half months or so) and the larger one (200 ml / 6.7 fl. oz and a little over $20 more) so far is not half way done yet and I have brought this a little less than 6 months ago (Again, I am using this two times a day if it helps you calculate how much gets used). I was told by my friends in Japan that the large one will last well over a year if you don't abuse it and overuse it (I have not finished my large bottle yet so I cannot validate her statement).

A cheaper alternative is the "Hydro-Balancing Softener" from Shiseido's "Skincare" line. It is lighter and better for younger skin since it is not as rich. If your skin breaks out from using this, that may be a good alternative (don't quote me on that though! I'm only making assumptions since I have not made proper research on comparing the two).

The Packaging: yes it is true that it is a fairly big boxy glass bottle and NOT ideal for traveling. However, the bottle is made of very thick glass so it WILL survive tipping over a couple 100 of times unless you have the strength of the Hulk and or have a violent outbreak and throw it across the room.

If you want to be on the safe side and don't want to lose product if it tips over, there is a simple solution... Don't throw out the stopper and immediately put the stopper back on after you applied the essence on the cotton pad/cotton ball. That way if it knocks over, you don't lose any product and if you do, probably 1 drop.

!!!!!!! Ingredients Freak-out !!!!!!!
I noticed that the ingredient "Butylene Glycol" is causing some red flags for some people. I'm not an expert but I did a little research and saw several sites stating that this chemical is safe to use and is found in most skincare products. Again I'm not an expert, so I suggest you some more research and decide on your own if this issue still worries you.

!!!!!!! FIRST TIMERS !!!!!!!
Give it a couple of days before deciding if this is worth keeping. Skin can take about 7 days to get use to a new product. It's like learning how to drive a car. If you hop in the car the very 1st day to learn to drive, will you drive like a pro on the 2nd day? Maybe, maybe not. Unless your skin is extremely sensitive and it causes you to break out immediately (if you want to be safe, try a new products on a small unnoticeable/easily hidden spot of your face first). Sometimes pimples will pop up 3-4 days after you try the product instead of popping up the very next day

Thanks for reading this unnecessary long re

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Had received this as a sample when I had recently splurged at the Shiseido counter. At first glance, I had thought it was a perfume but after reading about the product, I decided to give it a try. It has the consistency of a toner, with a light pleasant fragrance and my skin (blessedly) lapped it up without any reaction. After using the Shiseido line (while using Eudermine once a day), I had noticed a definite difference in my facial skin's appearance. My skin has a habit of turning flakey and irritated during the winter months, but so far it has maintained its moisture barrier when facing the icy bitter winds as well as the overheated indoor environment. Beautiful, but impractical packaging. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very sensitive and dry skin. I've been using this product for over a year now (finishing my second bottle). It allows my skin to absorb my moisturizer, and my skin has not been flaky and dry this winter. The formula is amazing and yes I would consider this a "holy grail" item. The bottle is beautiful, the only packaging complaint I have is that sometimes it pours out too fast if I'm not careful. I use this product after washing my face with a cleansing oil. I pat my skin dry and either use a dime size amount on my Shiseido cotton, or I pour a little into my hand and pat onto my face. I follow up immediately with Aveda All Sensitive Moisturizer. It's as if it gives my moisturizer a "boost" because normally this moisturizer does nothing for my skin besides not irritate it. For the last year my skin as all most been a "normal" type because it's no longer dry and it's never oily. So if you've tried 10,000 moisturizers and none of them have worked, I suggest trying a Japanese "lotion" like Eudermine or a cheaper option is Hadalabo Super Hyaluronic Lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

Shiseido is my HG skincare & I'm not surprised that this face lotion will satisfy me. I don't know how Shiseido does it, but their skincare works! Eudermine bottle exudes a "trusted" persona, which it really is through the years. And the smell...i love! It's so relaxing & comforting just like what it does to my skin. It's moisturising w/o the greasiness which gives enough moisture to soften & smooth my skin prior to applying my Bio-performance serum.It can actually work as a moisturizer on its own. I apply it with my hands & massage it around my face. Although the bottle is unique & classy, it's quite thin & tall which is prone to falling down. I already had hit this bottle standing on my bathroom sink counter & spilled some of it. I had to cuss at myself for spilling "money" on the floor, as this is quite an expensive product. It looks good to display on the counter but it has to be against the wall or it's a disaster waiting to fall down. The bottle stopper works just like a wine cork stopper, so it's not a convenient bottle to tote around for travelling.But anyways, it's the contents that count the most for me so I'll be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Lilyscorner

i have reallly realllllly dry skin, since winter is coming my skin start cracking and peeling, especially after i wash my face. it doesn't matter how much moisturiser i put on my skin will absorb it almost instantly and start crackling again. I've tried a lot of products and i always start reacting to it. i guess i have really sensitive skin as well. it goes red, tingling and i get little bumps. i was hesitant to try this product, so i got a little sample and tried it on my face.. so far it's been doing wonders. it eased my dryness. after application my skin stayed moisturised for the rest of the day/night. i didn't react to it at all! it made my face feel soft and supple, i loved it :) pricey but it helps with my skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Based on all the reviews I purchased this beautiful bottle. I have very dry, aging skin and wanted to love it as much as everyone else did, but it made my forehead break out in dozens of little pustules. I returned it today.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with this lotion. Or toner, or moisturizer, or hydrating fluid.... I like to use a couple of drops on a damp cotton square as a very gentle hydrating toner after cleansing my face and before I apply regular moisturizer. I also like to make a Japanese style 'lotion mask' by dampening a couple of squares of Cle de Peau cotton, splitting the cotton into four of five layers and placing on my face for 5-10 minutes. It feels great and my skin looks bright, clean and refreshed. The SA told me to pat a few drops directly on my skin whenever I feel like I need extra hydration and I do this, too. I decant it into a smaller atomizer and keep the beautiful bottle out on my dresser. It perfectly dispenses one drop at a time when turned upside down, but I don't really like glass bottles in the bathroom and this one is too gorgeous to risk slipping out of wet hands or getting the label damaged by water. I also keep a small atomizer in my purse in case I'm out and feeling dry. I really think of it as an all-purpose refreshing toner and gentle moisturizer whenever I need it. My skin has been very dry and peeling recently due to a medical condition and cold weather and this has really helped soothe and smooth my complexion. It does not leave my skin oily or shiny and does not feel like I have anything on. It sinks into the skin and is a great base for other moisturizers as it seems to help them be more readily absorbed by the skin. It is also under makeup. It is expensive and the bottle is totally impractical (but gorgeous), but I'm sure I will buy this product again and I highly recommend it. I have been loyal to another skin care line for over 12 years and have been very happy with the results, but my positive experience with this has inspired to try other products in the Shiseido skin care line.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a beautiful bottle. This gently hydrates and exfoliates the skin. Leaves skin smooth and hydrated all day long!