September 23, 2014 | 899 users online

Moisturizers - Guinot - Creme Nutrition Confort

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by jifuniversal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Firstly: it's been a long time since I first bought this product, and also stopped using it. However, I have NOT forgotten about it, and I decided I'd start writing reviews and wanted to start off with this one, so:

I went to a local dermatologist who told me I had dry/sensitive skin and she recommended this cream for me. I had no clue of anything at the time and relied on her. I had minor problems such as a few small bumps now and then and a little redness around the nose/cheecks. That's what I wanted to fix, I wanted perfect skin. My pores were, as the dermatologist said "very small and nearly there". I had high hopes, but patience as she told me it could take up to a few weeks-a couple of months before my skin cleared entirely up.

In the beginning I loved it, because for one, it did moisturize my skin and it looked a bit dewy-like. After a while (a week or so), I started to develop big cystic red bumps, mostly in my cheeks. I got a bit nervous, but since my dermatologist said it could worsen in the start, I kept going. It got worse and worse every week and I had to use some serious coverage make up to be able to walk outside. I was so embarrassed! I now had super oily T-zone (which I had never had before) and severe acne all over the face, especially in the cheeks. I cleansed with MD formulations cleanser which she had also given me and the acne was purely this creams fault.

I went back almost six months(!) later when I had just had enough. (I stopped using the cream after about four months if I remember correctly, and went to the drugstore to find something else.) I talked to another dermatologist and explained everything. She could not understand my skins reaction, but she told me I most likely had combination skin, NOT dry. And that I had probably reacted to the essential oils. I just wanted to cry, to be honest. This cream ruined my skin. Two years after I had stopped using it, I still had scarring from the cystic acne it gave me, as well as still super oily T-zone and my pores had gone from "nearly there" to "very there". Frankly, it wasn't until I started using cleansing water from Avene and an A-Derma cream (both without oils) my skin started to clear up and get comfortable. It still took me over a year using these saviours to get rid of the crazy acne and bumps, and the scarring has also lighten a bit. My pores are still very there, though..sadly :(

Conclusion: some of the damage was my dermatologists fault as she gave me an incorrect skin analysis (fucking idiot, I should sew her!!), but this cream is serious stuff. Somehow I think it changed my skin slightly, because it's still oily which it wasn't before I started using it. And this is yeears ago now. If you're not sure if your skin reacts on oils, I recommend trying it out on a very little spot first before applying this devil cream all over the face. I hope I am the only one this cream has caused such troubles for!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Yvonne2

Leaves my skin shiny - though it does settle in after a while. I usually use Creme Hydra Beaute, which is great and I've been using for years, I tried Creme Nutrition Confort because I am looking for something a bit more heavy duty to use in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sussicue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My experience using this product has been very good overall-unlike the last reviewers. This cream is not too greasy for me- sits quite nicely on the skin. It does have a strong fragrance as you first put it on (not unpleasant though)-and the scent subsides after a few minutes. After using this for a few months now my skin has definitely improved.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2004 3:08:00 AM More reviews by shiZuka

Agreed with the previous review that this cream doesn't moist my skin long, feel oily outside but dry inside. I have stopped using it since i feel the discomfort and dehidration out of it. Price is quite expensive but last quite long though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product comes in a tube and is great for travel. The texture is heavier than a lotion but lighter than a cream. It seemed to moisturize my skin at first but 4 hours later, I felt dry. My makeup went on smoothly over the product but for the money I spend, I demand a longer lasting moisturizer.