September 23, 2014 | 1868 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Extreme Sunblock Milk SPF60, [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2003 12:01:00 AM More reviews by esimpson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used it for a few weeks. It was not greasy when I tried it on the back of my hand. But on the face and under makeup, it does get greasy after a few hours. Not too greasy, but enough for me to switch to another brand. Like many high factor sunscreen, it has a white film, so may not work for people with darker skin (or you have to really rub it in). Not a bad product, but if you are very oily, or have dark skin, or want to wear makeup, it is not ideal for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 6:13:00 AM More reviews by dibble

I have a problem with sunscreens. I have greasy formulas. I hate the feeling on my skin. This is a very ungreasy cream so was great when I was in North Carolina with my whiter that white Scottish skin. It has a bad whiteness to it though (the age old titanium oxide problem). I look forward to finding a strong sunblock that is chemical/non-whitening enough to use ever day. D.xx

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by SandyMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just started using this a couple of days ago. So far, I really like it, because I know it's great protection. It is thick, like a cream rather than a milk and has a white cast to it, but that looks better after it sinks in. I don't know if it would work for darker skins. At least it doesn't leave me shiny, just a slight sheen. It hasn't caused any breakouts and time will tell on that. If no breakouts, I will purchase again. UPDATE: Decided this one was a little too thick and heavy on me. Looking for something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 10:40:00 PM More reviews by violet103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The texture of this is more like a cream than a milk. Tinosorb M and Titanium Dioxide are the active UVA ingredients, on the packing it has a UVA rating of 60. Unfortunately this has a white cast, however it is less shiny than other European brand sunblocks I've tried. The white cast and thick consistency though make this noticable when re-applied several times. This would be a great choice for a day at the beach/outdoors as it's thick consistency ensures it doesn't budge from your skin once it's applied, IMHO it is a very sweat/water resistant sunblock due to it's texture, for this outdoors use I'd give it 5 stars. It is personally however too thick and white for everyday use for me, so overall I gave it 3.