July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - LipLix Mocha Joke

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2004 1:19:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Being somewhat burned by Bonne Bell's "Splash-n-Shine", I was hesitant to try this. It is packaged in a similar skinny tube with a similar skinny twist-up end and a similar skinny clip-on cap. But, there is a big difference in the product inside!

I have "Mocha Joke", which is a confusing name, but I have to think they were going for a rhyme thing. It is a kind of pinky-nudie color, shimmery but without glitter or sparkles. I don't detect an overbearing smell or taste...in fact, I think this could smell stronger and I'd be fine with it (although I may just have gotten an old one). It tastes good and smells nice. It is very moisturizing and it has a nice slick feel...of course, being slick and not sticky, this means that it doesn't last a long time on your lips. But, that is fine with me, because this is easily reapplied. What does confuse me is why Bonne Bell puts the clip on the cap end of the tube, instead of the twisty end of the tube...it seems it would be more secure. Oh well, they didn't ask my opinion.

If this had contained sunscreen, I would have worn this to my recent NASCAR outing instead of BB's "Clip-n-Go Sports Balm". It is prettier and shinier than the Vanilla Volley that I wore. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Baby_Yousei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really miss my old lip lix in "milkshake it", and I thought this one resembeled it the most out of all the new lip lixes. But it's still not the same, the slim packaging made it hard to apply evenly, and the color was more pigmented than I liked (kinda made my lips white), and also a bit drier than I remembered lip lixes to be. But still, this is the closest I'll come to finding my old fav, and I will repurchase again, probably will wear a gloss over it to get rid of the whiteness.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2003 2:42:00 AM More reviews by JodieBear

I absolutely hated this lip gloss. I bought it becuase the color looked very pretty in the package. Well its not. Its a very very light pinky color when u put it on. I looked dead when i had it on. Plus the smell was overpowering. Maybe its just me, but i wouldnt suggest that you purchase this gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2003 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Bassomatic

I bought this gloss because I heard that Bonne Bell was undergoing a renaissance and I should stop being a high end makeup snob and give it a try. It is a pretty color, great slim tube, and looks good. Unfortunately, it has SUCH A STRONG TASTE AND SMELL and it wears off pretty quickly. But it is a good quick fix gloss, and when you can't get a bite to eat, it actually satiates the appetite!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 10:49:00 PM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've gone on a bit of a LipLix binge as of late and bought pretty much all of them...heh. I've got to say that this is the only one I really don't like. It is a very light and frosty pinky-nude that looks gorgeous in the packaging (there are little lip prints on it that are supposed to depict the colour), but it just looks awful against my pale skin. I was hoping for a MLBB, but got a MLBW-MMW (my lips but worse--much, much worse). And the scent of this one makes me nauseous, even though I can tolerate all the others. It's a *strong* syrupy-coffee flavour that makes me want to give up coffee forever--me, the Starbucks addict! (Luckily, that's only a temporary side effect...*Starbucks HQ breathes a sigh of relief*).