July 29, 2014 | 986 users online

Lotions/ Creams - O'Keeffe's Working Hands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This hand cream is the best I have used to date. I've tried a lot of hand creams at all different price points and none have stood up to what this has done for my hands. Hands don't feel greasy after using this, in fact after a few minutes I barely even notice I have anything on. You use the smallest amount so a tub of this lasts forever.

This helps retain your hands natural moisture to prevent your hands from getting dry throughout the day. I have mixed this with a little bit of body lotion at times to give it some extra moisturizing properties and it works wonders like that.

I've also used this on my feet because there was a version called 'for healthy feet' which is basically the same as this if you look at the ingredients list so it does double duty without having a lot of extra products.

I love that after one hand washing, there is still product left on your hand and it doesn't all wash out at once like other moisturizers. There is no scent that I can detect, or if there is its just a neutral non offensive scent.

I tend bar on weekends and I don't know how I did it before I discovered this cream. My hands used to be torn up from ice and hand washing, now they make it through the night smooth as a babies bottom.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best ever hand cream! During a very bad psoriasis breakout on my hands, I tried this as a last resort. My palms were so shriveled up from the rash that my skin looked as though I had been soaking in a bath for too long. While I can't say that it cured the rash, I do say that my hands were relieved of the painful dryness, and the rash did clear up not long after I started using it (may be coincidental, though). The wrinkles on my palms have improved quite a bit, although that took a few months of consistent use.
Now that my hands have healed, I use the cream at night only, and my hands are comfortable all day long, unless I am exposing my hands to extended periods in water or when using cleaners without gloves.
Unlike every other cream I have ever used, O'Keefe doesn't slime off as soon as I get a little water on my hands. I don't know how they do it, but I have never had a cream (at any price point) with that kind of staying power.
I started off using far more than needed, which left a bit of a waxy feel. Now I don't use more than about a dime-sized bit, and the cream just disappears into my skin with no greasy or waxy residue. After I rub the cream into my skin, I can even immediately touch something with out an oily transfer. There is almost no scent that I detect which I like.
I have repurchased this more than once, because it works and because I like to have one in the kitchen and in the bedroom.
I do wish that the container had a lid that snaps open and closed, but that would never stop me from buying this very effective product.
I thought the price was a little high at first, but I use so little at a time, and it's performance is so unbeatable that I would probably pay more than twice as much for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm actually reviewing this on behalf of my husband. He is always gardening, doing carpentry, woodworking, etc., and his fingers crack and bleed, especially in winter--but he hates the feel of lotions and creams. His daughter gave him a jar of this for Christmas. He saw improvement after the first use, and the "dry" texture makes it the only such product he doesn't mind using. If he applies it once or twice a day, his hands stay in good shape. He intends to keep it on hand (pun unintentional) now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

hands down AMAZING. ive got a 10 month old...so constantly washing my hands, bottles, etc really does a number on my hands. not to mention the coldest winter in a long time doesnt help. i put this on every night, my hands, feet and elbows. ive even used it on my lips at night! no more problems with skin cracking. the only difference ive been able to find between the hand creme and the foot one is the foot one contains more of the one moisturizer. it might seem expensive for a small jar, but you only need a little bit so it lasts for quite awhile. i will keep buying this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by makeup2000

This winter has been horrible, and yet my hands have not cracked and bled thanks to Working Hands. When I get out of the shower I moisturize myself with a general runny lotion (Vaseline Total Moisture), and then I sparingly rub Working Hands into the backs of my hands and fingers. If you use too much it feels like you are wearing a clamy rubber glove. It seems to seal in and protect my hands, but it worked best when I had pre-moisturized my them.

Pros:
- no more cracked bloody hands in the winter
- scent-free (at least mine was)

Cons:
- must use sparingly
- often leaves unattracitve white residue on my hands
- doesn't "feel" luxurious

This is a utilitarian product that I got at a hardware store. It prevents cracking, but it isn't a nice feeling moisturizer. I haven't completely decided if I will get it again. I usually use Eucerin's big tub of moisturizing creme, but I wanted to try something less expensive. Eucerin makes my hands feel nicer overall, but they both prevent cracking. I sometimes use Eucerin on my face, but I would only use this on my hands. I think this product is okay, but my husband doesn't like it. It seems to be working better for me. I got it on sale for $5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very thick and moisturizing but not at all greasy. It's also fragrance free. I found this at Home Depot. I do not have any cracks in my hands, so I cannot commend on how or if this heals.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

After I had 3 cracks in my thumb from dry skin, I decided I needed a heftier lotion/cream for winter. I had been using Cerave Lotion, for reference. When I saw this product, I remembered its awesome MUA rating and snatched it up.

After warming it up and rubbing it into my hands before bed, especially that thumb, I expected progress in the morning. However, my hands felt clammy/sweaty all night. I also noticed they had what felt like a fine grit in the coating on them. When I washed them (before inserting my contacts), my hands were super dry and rough, especially my fingertips.

At this point, I decided to read what exactly fellow MUAers had said. I found another review referencing the clammy/sweaty sensation. Validation is good. But most people also had found this to be their go-to hand cream.

I tried it two more nights, but the same story continued--Clammy/sweaty coated sensation with a gritty edge, still parched (powder-dry to the touch) and rough in the am after washing my hands with a gentle, moisturizing handsoap.

Finally, I had to accept that--since this product claims to help adjust the pH of your skin--my hands aren't needing this specifically to improve their dryness. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by kathijr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This an excellent product for dry hands. I've tried different hand creams for decades and nothing works like O'Keefe's. The other reviewer who was so negative obviously received an expired or spoiled product from Drugstore.com (shame on you Drugstore.com!) and should have contacted the company for a refund. This product has no fragrance and feels very soft and healing on dry skin. Of course, not every product is for every person and there may be some people who have a sensitivity to it. All I can say is that I've used a very wide of different hand and skin creams for my problem hands (including 100% natural and organic) and nothing works like this product. It is worth a try and I'm sure that O'Keefe's would stand behind their product and issue a refund if it wasn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I bought this for the hubby and his cracked fingertips. He loves it so that makes it a winner ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by jen1103

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really works to keep dry winter skin at bay. My hands are so much better after using this at night. Even my husband's horrific dry scratchy hands are soft now. Great stuff. Better than any other hand cream I've tried! No scent and not greasy. Wish it came in a tube though. It's difficult to get out of the tub.