O'Keeffe's Working Hands

4.6

Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Ammonium Stearate, Ammonium Borate, Dimethicone, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Paraffin Wax, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Allantoin, Octyldodectl Stearate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

on 5/16/2015 9:09:00 AM

Amazing. My hands are extremely dry, sensitive, red, cracked and would bleed and hurt. I have tried everything from $75 hand lotions to Vaseline, coconut oil, paraffin treatments, wearing gloves constantly so I'm not always washing my hands and nothing else has transformed my hands - over night literally! It is almost the summer right now so my hands are getting better since it's not so dry outside but even in the summer I had 2 painful cracks and dry bleeding skin on my hands. I have only used it once and my hands are so soft and one of the cracks has healed completely. I can't stop touching my hands. I am excited to try this on my feet! The crazy thing is that it's not greasy at all! If you have extremely dry cracked hands, you have to try this!

on 2/25/2015 10:51:00 AM

Definitely a holy grail product for hands. I work in the food/retail industry and my hands spend a great deal of time in a tough sanitizer solution. Combine that with the freezing cold dry temps of the winter and you have dry, cracked and bleeding hands. This is the ONLY cream I have tried that truly soothes and heals my hands. It's like magic. I cannot live without this product in the winter and I can't believe how many people don't know about it.

on 2/20/2015 10:03:00 PM

This is my holy grail product! I am a nurse and wash my hands dozens of times every day. My hands get very dry, especially during the colder months. I get cracks on my fingertips and on top of my hands. This product is absolutely wonderful for healing any skin breakdown you may have, as well as getting and keeping your skin moisturized. There is no smell to it. It is very thick, and comes out semi-solid, but then melts into your skin. If you have skin breakdown with bleeding, beware that you will have QUITE A BIT of stinging right after applying the product. It will literally feel like your skin is on fire for about a minute. But please don't let that discourage you from using this product. It is an absolute miracle at healing the skin. I use it throughout the day, and apply a really thick layer before I go to bed. I have given it to many of my co-workers and they all love it. One girl told me that her husband who works as a mechanic started using it too and absolutely loves it.

I have tried every cream and lotion on the market. I have even used Bag Balm (green square container used a lot for healing, especially after tattoos), Udder balm, and Lansinoh (a thick lanolin cream for cracked nipples). NOTHING WORKS BETTER than Working Hands!!!

on 1/24/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent product. I tend to get cracked skin on my thumbs during the Michigan winter. Hand lotion does nothing at all for theses areas.

This product healed the cracks and has prevented new ones from forming. You only need a small dot to rub on finger tips. It sinks right in, and it is not greasy. There is no smell. I apply hand lotion first, allow that to sink in, and then I apply O'Keefes to my finger tips only.

As a side note, the O'Keefes has also made my finger nails look better and feel stronger. I know his is just from better moisturizing, but it something to consider if you have dry finger nails that chip/break.

My husband will actually use this product on his hands, which are a dry, scratchy mess. His fingers get so bad that they actually hurt when he touches me. Getting him to apply hand lotion was like pulling teeth. But, I have been getting him to apply O'Keefe's every night for a couple of weeks, and is has totally transformed his skin. His hands and fingers are now as soft as a baby's bottom, and he has only been using O'Keefes (he doesn't layer it with hand lotion like I do).

Great product - buy it at the local hardware or Target.

on 1/19/2015 5:58:00 PM

This is a wonderful hand cream for dry, cracking hands. Both my mother and I tend to get horribly dry hands during the winter living in Rocky Mountains. O'Keefe's really sinks in and helps heal and moisturise painfully dry skin. The great thing is you don't need much of this cream to make a noticeable difference, and the tub will last for awhile. I didn't notice a scent. I like how it's not slippery; as a server I like to apply O'Keefes at work then I'm usually running food right after. I'm not worried about butter-fingers! Good price, overall yes buy this bad boy!

on 1/19/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My son's hands were cracked and bleeding from his winter outdoor work activities. Working Hands healed them so fast it was amazing and it has a protective effect if used consistently. It is designed to be used sparingly so lasts a long time. Once dry, it is almost undetectable on the skin. Those seeking primarily a "moisturizing" product will be disappointed because Working Hands is designed to heal and be protective although it does also soften. I plan to buy a tub for myself to try on my feet and cuticles. There is a foot-specific product but it appears to contain mostly the same ingredients as the hand version.

on 10/10/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Really weird consistency and smell. Not very moisturizing either. Stick to eucerin aquaphor hand cream. Lesson - never buy anything solely based on Amazon reviews.

on 10/3/2014 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My mom raved about how this helps with dry, cracked hands and it is like a miracle worker. I have mild to sometimes really bad eczema on my hands and my hands can also get really red and dry too. I tried this a few times and I can't stand it.
I rubbed this onto my hands and then I slipped on my gloves just to keep everything from getting all over. And it is okay but I hate the feel of it and also the smell. I can't even describe the smell but I just hate it. I felt it did moisturize my skin but it did nothing for my eczema which pops up more in the form of itchy bumps instead of dry patches. If I had more dry patches I think it would have worked better. My mom though has super dry/cracked skin and it helped her skin a bit to where it isn't bleeding anymore from being so dry. And my mom uses lotion every single night and after such a long time her hands are finally calmed down a bit and aren't bleeding anymore which is a huge plus.
So if you have super dry hands that are cracked and lotion is just not doing the trick, I say pick this up. It is in like Home Depot or even Lowe's possibly. Check in any of those stores and see if it works. I do say grab a pair of gloves that help retain moisture, go to Bed Bath and Beyond and they should have some there (that's where I got mine) and it will just help the product sink into your skin and really go it's job instead of getting all over the place when you are sleeping or just hanging out.

on 10/3/2014 10:10:00 PM

Love this product and have used for years. My grandma was an nurse and grandpa drive truck, farmed, carpentry you name a handiwork and he's done it and they always had tubs of this everywhere. Makes your hands like new no matter what kind of torture you put them through. This product has passed through the generations.

on 9/29/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My husband and I are in our third tub of this! Hub gets the worst dry, cracked hands in the winter. We've tried many, many creams and this actually alleviates the dry skin and heals the cracks.

But do you know what else? This is like slow-acting (lotion version) Baby Foot. My feet were approaching hoof status when I read the ingredients on the tub of this, thought it had some overlap with Baby Foot (feet?) and slathered it (oops - it does say, quite clearly, that it should be applied sparingly) on. It doesn't smell or sting, but it is tacky to the touch, and you almost feel like you're sticking to the bathroom floor. It's not particularly pleasant. But you know what? Results! I will keep using this stuff because with each application, my feet get softer and softer. I don't want to get too graphic here, either, but it works for me like it sounds like Baby Foot does for others. My local CVS carries this, but not the foot cream version, so I use this, put on socks, and wake up to smoother feet. I highly, highly recommend this.