January 31, 2015 | 2056 users online

Lotions/ Creams - O'Keeffe's Working Hands

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 1:40:00 PM More reviews by michelleb248

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent product. I tend to get cracked skin on my thumbs during the Michigan winter. Hand lotion does nothing at all for theses areas.

This product healed the cracks and has prevented new ones from forming. You only need a small dot to rub on finger tips. It sinks right in, and it is not greasy. There is no smell. I apply hand lotion first, allow that to sink in, and then I apply O'Keefes to my finger tips only.

As a side note, the O'Keefes has also made my finger nails look better and feel stronger. I know his is just from better moisturizing, but it something to consider if you have dry finger nails that chip/break.

My husband will actually use this product on his hands, which are a dry, scratchy mess. His fingers get so bad that they actually hurt when he touches me. Getting him to apply hand lotion was like pulling teeth. But, I have been getting him to apply O'Keefe's every night for a couple of weeks, and is has totally transformed his skin. His hands and fingers are now as soft as a baby's bottom, and he has only been using O'Keefes (he doesn't layer it with hand lotion like I do).

Great product - buy it at the local hardware or Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 5:58:00 PM More reviews by SilvaEgle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful hand cream for dry, cracking hands. Both my mother and I tend to get horribly dry hands during the winter living in Rocky Mountains. O'Keefe's really sinks in and helps heal and moisturise painfully dry skin. The great thing is you don't need much of this cream to make a noticeable difference, and the tub will last for awhile. I didn't notice a scent. I like how it's not slippery; as a server I like to apply O'Keefes at work then I'm usually running food right after. I'm not worried about butter-fingers! Good price, overall yes buy this bad boy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2015 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

My son's hands were cracked and bleeding from his winter outdoor work activities. Working Hands healed them so fast it was amazing and it has a protective effect if used consistently. It is designed to be used sparingly so lasts a long time. Once dry, it is almost undetectable on the skin. Those seeking primarily a "moisturizing" product will be disappointed because Working Hands is designed to heal and be protective although it does also soften. I plan to buy a tub for myself to try on my feet and cuticles. There is a foot-specific product but it appears to contain mostly the same ingredients as the hand version.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by alleyaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Really weird consistency and smell. Not very moisturizing either. Stick to eucerin aquaphor hand cream. Lesson - never buy anything solely based on Amazon reviews.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom raved about how this helps with dry, cracked hands and it is like a miracle worker. I have mild to sometimes really bad eczema on my hands and my hands can also get really red and dry too. I tried this a few times and I can't stand it.
I rubbed this onto my hands and then I slipped on my gloves just to keep everything from getting all over. And it is okay but I hate the feel of it and also the smell. I can't even describe the smell but I just hate it. I felt it did moisturize my skin but it did nothing for my eczema which pops up more in the form of itchy bumps instead of dry patches. If I had more dry patches I think it would have worked better. My mom though has super dry/cracked skin and it helped her skin a bit to where it isn't bleeding anymore from being so dry. And my mom uses lotion every single night and after such a long time her hands are finally calmed down a bit and aren't bleeding anymore which is a huge plus.
So if you have super dry hands that are cracked and lotion is just not doing the trick, I say pick this up. It is in like Home Depot or even Lowe's possibly. Check in any of those stores and see if it works. I do say grab a pair of gloves that help retain moisture, go to Bed Bath and Beyond and they should have some there (that's where I got mine) and it will just help the product sink into your skin and really go it's job instead of getting all over the place when you are sleeping or just hanging out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Halloedangel

Love this product and have used for years. My grandma was an nurse and grandpa drive truck, farmed, carpentry you name a handiwork and he's done it and they always had tubs of this everywhere. Makes your hands like new no matter what kind of torture you put them through. This product has passed through the generations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My husband and I are in our third tub of this! Hub gets the worst dry, cracked hands in the winter. We've tried many, many creams and this actually alleviates the dry skin and heals the cracks.

But do you know what else? This is like slow-acting (lotion version) Baby Foot. My feet were approaching hoof status when I read the ingredients on the tub of this, thought it had some overlap with Baby Foot (feet?) and slathered it (oops - it does say, quite clearly, that it should be applied sparingly) on. It doesn't smell or sting, but it is tacky to the touch, and you almost feel like you're sticking to the bathroom floor. It's not particularly pleasant. But you know what? Results! I will keep using this stuff because with each application, my feet get softer and softer. I don't want to get too graphic here, either, but it works for me like it sounds like Baby Foot does for others. My local CVS carries this, but not the foot cream version, so I use this, put on socks, and wake up to smoother feet. I highly, highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by caflac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel about this hand cream the way Tyra Banks feels about Vaseline. That's not even a joke.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by CPMUSTANG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. Being a mom, I was my hands a lot due to diaper changes, washing dishes, messy kid. On top of that I have extremely dry skin. The constant hand washing left me with dry "old lady" hands. Based on reviews I bough O'Keeffe's and I am so glad I did. One application on my hands (and feet) at bedtime and I woke up with incredibly soft, moisturized hands. Completely transformed overnight! I use the product both morning and night and it really keeps my hands healthy looking. No greasy feeling. I have tubes of hand cream all over my house/car/work desk and this stuff is by far the best.

The only downside is the product itself- its a thick paste, not a lotion or cream. It comes in a tub. I wish it was creamier, but since it works so wonderfully I can learn to deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This hand cream is the best I have used to date. I've tried a lot of hand creams at all different price points and none have stood up to what this has done for my hands. Hands don't feel greasy after using this, in fact after a few minutes I barely even notice I have anything on. You use the smallest amount so a tub of this lasts forever.

This helps retain your hands natural moisture to prevent your hands from getting dry throughout the day. I have mixed this with a little bit of body lotion at times to give it some extra moisturizing properties and it works wonders like that.

I've also used this on my feet because there was a version called 'for healthy feet' which is basically the same as this if you look at the ingredients list so it does double duty without having a lot of extra products.

I love that after one hand washing, there is still product left on your hand and it doesn't all wash out at once like other moisturizers. There is no scent that I can detect, or if there is its just a neutral non offensive scent.

I tend bar on weekends and I don't know how I did it before I discovered this cream. My hands used to be torn up from ice and hand washing, now they make it through the night smooth as a babies bottom.