November 27, 2014 | 1349 users online

Lotions/ Creams - O'Keeffe's Working Hands

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by alleyaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Really weird consistency and smell. Not very moisturizing either. Stick to eucerin aquaphor hand cream. Lesson - never buy anything solely based on Amazon reviews.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom raved about how this helps with dry, cracked hands and it is like a miracle worker. I have mild to sometimes really bad eczema on my hands and my hands can also get really red and dry too. I tried this a few times and I can't stand it.
I rubbed this onto my hands and then I slipped on my gloves just to keep everything from getting all over. And it is okay but I hate the feel of it and also the smell. I can't even describe the smell but I just hate it. I felt it did moisturize my skin but it did nothing for my eczema which pops up more in the form of itchy bumps instead of dry patches. If I had more dry patches I think it would have worked better. My mom though has super dry/cracked skin and it helped her skin a bit to where it isn't bleeding anymore from being so dry. And my mom uses lotion every single night and after such a long time her hands are finally calmed down a bit and aren't bleeding anymore which is a huge plus.
So if you have super dry hands that are cracked and lotion is just not doing the trick, I say pick this up. It is in like Home Depot or even Lowe's possibly. Check in any of those stores and see if it works. I do say grab a pair of gloves that help retain moisture, go to Bed Bath and Beyond and they should have some there (that's where I got mine) and it will just help the product sink into your skin and really go it's job instead of getting all over the place when you are sleeping or just hanging out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Halloedangel

Love this product and have used for years. My grandma was an nurse and grandpa drive truck, farmed, carpentry you name a handiwork and he's done it and they always had tubs of this everywhere. Makes your hands like new no matter what kind of torture you put them through. This product has passed through the generations.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My husband and I are in our third tub of this! Hub gets the worst dry, cracked hands in the winter. We've tried many, many creams and this actually alleviates the dry skin and heals the cracks.

But do you know what else? This is like slow-acting (lotion version) Baby Foot. My feet were approaching hoof status when I read the ingredients on the tub of this, thought it had some overlap with Baby Foot (feet?) and slathered it (oops - it does say, quite clearly, that it should be applied sparingly) on. It doesn't smell or sting, but it is tacky to the touch, and you almost feel like you're sticking to the bathroom floor. It's not particularly pleasant. But you know what? Results! I will keep using this stuff because with each application, my feet get softer and softer. I don't want to get too graphic here, either, but it works for me like it sounds like Baby Foot does for others. My local CVS carries this, but not the foot cream version, so I use this, put on socks, and wake up to smoother feet. I highly, highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by caflac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel about this hand cream the way Tyra Banks feels about Vaseline. That's not even a joke.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by CPMUSTANG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. Being a mom, I was my hands a lot due to diaper changes, washing dishes, messy kid. On top of that I have extremely dry skin. The constant hand washing left me with dry "old lady" hands. Based on reviews I bough O'Keeffe's and I am so glad I did. One application on my hands (and feet) at bedtime and I woke up with incredibly soft, moisturized hands. Completely transformed overnight! I use the product both morning and night and it really keeps my hands healthy looking. No greasy feeling. I have tubes of hand cream all over my house/car/work desk and this stuff is by far the best.

The only downside is the product itself- its a thick paste, not a lotion or cream. It comes in a tub. I wish it was creamier, but since it works so wonderfully I can learn to deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This hand cream is the best I have used to date. I've tried a lot of hand creams at all different price points and none have stood up to what this has done for my hands. Hands don't feel greasy after using this, in fact after a few minutes I barely even notice I have anything on. You use the smallest amount so a tub of this lasts forever.

This helps retain your hands natural moisture to prevent your hands from getting dry throughout the day. I have mixed this with a little bit of body lotion at times to give it some extra moisturizing properties and it works wonders like that.

I've also used this on my feet because there was a version called 'for healthy feet' which is basically the same as this if you look at the ingredients list so it does double duty without having a lot of extra products.

I love that after one hand washing, there is still product left on your hand and it doesn't all wash out at once like other moisturizers. There is no scent that I can detect, or if there is its just a neutral non offensive scent.

I tend bar on weekends and I don't know how I did it before I discovered this cream. My hands used to be torn up from ice and hand washing, now they make it through the night smooth as a babies bottom.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best ever hand cream! During a very bad psoriasis breakout on my hands, I tried this as a last resort. My palms were so shriveled up from the rash that my skin looked as though I had been soaking in a bath for too long. While I can't say that it cured the rash, I do say that my hands were relieved of the painful dryness, and the rash did clear up not long after I started using it (may be coincidental, though). The wrinkles on my palms have improved quite a bit, although that took a few months of consistent use.
Now that my hands have healed, I use the cream at night only, and my hands are comfortable all day long, unless I am exposing my hands to extended periods in water or when using cleaners without gloves.
Unlike every other cream I have ever used, O'Keefe doesn't slime off as soon as I get a little water on my hands. I don't know how they do it, but I have never had a cream (at any price point) with that kind of staying power.
I started off using far more than needed, which left a bit of a waxy feel. Now I don't use more than about a dime-sized bit, and the cream just disappears into my skin with no greasy or waxy residue. After I rub the cream into my skin, I can even immediately touch something with out an oily transfer. There is almost no scent that I detect which I like.
I have repurchased this more than once, because it works and because I like to have one in the kitchen and in the bedroom.
I do wish that the container had a lid that snaps open and closed, but that would never stop me from buying this very effective product.
I thought the price was a little high at first, but I use so little at a time, and it's performance is so unbeatable that I would probably pay more than twice as much for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm actually reviewing this on behalf of my husband. He is always gardening, doing carpentry, woodworking, etc., and his fingers crack and bleed, especially in winter--but he hates the feel of lotions and creams. His daughter gave him a jar of this for Christmas. He saw improvement after the first use, and the "dry" texture makes it the only such product he doesn't mind using. If he applies it once or twice a day, his hands stay in good shape. He intends to keep it on hand (pun unintentional) now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

hands down AMAZING. ive got a 10 month old...so constantly washing my hands, bottles, etc really does a number on my hands. not to mention the coldest winter in a long time doesnt help. i put this on every night, my hands, feet and elbows. ive even used it on my lips at night! no more problems with skin cracking. the only difference ive been able to find between the hand creme and the foot one is the foot one contains more of the one moisturizer. it might seem expensive for a small jar, but you only need a little bit so it lasts for quite awhile. i will keep buying this!