Boots Essentials Cucumber Facial Wipes

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

It's not good. Gentle but it's not wet enough to give you smooth, nice and gentle rubbing. It makes you rub your face a little bit harsh which makes skin very sensitive. I saw the comparitive review on yesto cucumber wipes and neutrogena calming something wipes and neutrogena wipes was much more wet. I could see her face was very moist and almost glowing with moisture after cleansing makeup.

on 4/20/2010 6:19:00 PM

There are great!! I dont use them all the time but they are great for travelling or when you are just too tired for cleansing and toning. They feel fresh and do not irritate my skin (my skin is not sensitive anyway). They smell great and are dirt cheap.
Will definately buy them again...and again..and again!

on 8/31/2009 7:13:00 PM

I did not like these one bit!! I had heard good things so stocked up when they were on offer. What a mistake! I have sensitive skin and they caused my skin to break out soooo badly, I havnt had spots like this since I was about 15!! Back to the L'Oreal ones for sesitive skin for me!

on 5/16/2009 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Heathrow, as I forgot my makeup remover at home. I have really picky skin that reacts even to products that are for sensitive skin. It was so cheap, that I just had to try it, I had nothing to lose. Well, I love these wipes! It feels cool to my skin, leaves no residue and takes everything off easily. I have to find more!

on 5/12/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I find these cheap,cheerful and effective at removing my days make up with no eye stinging but always follow with a foaming cleanser as I do feel they leave a slight residue on the skin.
When i am feeling virtuous I use an eye make up removing product to cleanse gently,the wipes for facial make up and follow with a facial wash but many times have just used these for the whole lot and suffered no ill effects.
I enjoy the fragrance as I find it cool and refreshing but if you don't like the scent of cucumbers then these wipes would not be to your taste!
Often on BOGOF deal at Boots so worth stocking up on.

on 4/12/2009 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using these and the fragrance free blues ones for years. They ONLY work for me if I add a drop of water to them - in which case they remove all my make-up and mascara. If I do not a small amount of water they are not very effective. I prefer these to the others I've tried so far. I cant use normal cleansers as I really struggle with removing mascara. I do worry that face wipes arent good for my skin though.

on 8/15/2008 2:03:00 PM

I usually get these in the 2 for 1 at boots. Normally i just use them as wet wipes during the day but occasionally use them for make-up removal. I love the smell because it reminds me of Kiehl's cucumber stuff, which you can not get in this country for love or money.

As far as wet wipes, I can't complain. As far as make-up removal they do the job but I'm not a huge fan of cleansing my face this way so I only use them this way once in a while. They remove all my make-up but I just never like the residue all of these wipes tend to leave. Regardless, they are a staple in my handbag.

on 8/3/2008 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

These wipes are my HG makeup remover wipes! I have been using them for about 4 yeats now and I absolutely love them. They do not cause me to breakout at all and my face feels really clean and refreshed after using them. They remove my makeup very effectively as well, not sure about eye makeup since I use a seperate eye makeup remover. They're also dirt cheap since they're always on buy one get one free offer at boots for about 2 pounds. Will definitely be repurchasing over and over again!

on 11/7/2007 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i bought this on a whim cos it was so cheap, plus i use their eye make-up remover gel anyway and i really liked it. so i thought i should give it a try. i'm glad i bought it, it smells soooooo nice plus it wiped off my stubborn mascara and my smoky eyes pretty well. it feels really refreshing too. i'm very impressed. i think i like it more than my beloved eye make-up remover gel.

on 4/13/2007 3:25:00 AM

Contrary to the others, I didn't like this one bit. Tried the one in the green packaging, and it barely removed my light makeup of loose powder and blusher. This hardly removed my undereye concealor. The lack of moisture in the wipes probably attributed to it's cleansing strength, or lack thereof. A disappointment.

Popular Face Skincare Products