Yves Saint Laurent Lip liner #6

4.3

HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES . CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX) . HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES . MYRISTYL MYRISTATE . JAPAN (RHUS SUCCEDANEA) WAX . BEHENYL ALCOHOL . HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES . CERA CARNAUBA . CETYL PALMITATE . HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL . SORBITAN PALMITATE . STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE . PROPYLENE CARBONATE . METHYLPARABEN . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . PROPYL GALLATE . HYDROGENATED COCONUT OIL. [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 15850 (RED 7) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 15850 (RED 6) . CI 77947 (ZINC OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . ]

on 8/29/2013 9:47:00 AM

This pencil color is too dark to be a natural color on my lip line. The color itself is pretty, a dark pink, but I don't ever find myself reaching for this. I got this as part of a YSL promotion so can't comment on the price. I will probably end up giving this away since I won't wear a lip pencil that is this dark. The formulation is also extremely drying, more drying than any other lip product I have ever used. My lips are already dry and this just turns them into a cracked flaky mess. Definitely not something I would buy in any other color either.

on 4/1/2013 9:20:00 PM

I LOVE this YSL lipliner, I wear pinky shades on my lips a lot (lipgloss, lipstick, stains, etc.) so I am always looking for a pink lipliner that doesn't pull brown, isn't too dark, and isn't too nude -- and this YSL #6 is the perfect medium cool pink lipliner for me. I can just line my lips with this and put on any sheer gloss, and feel comfortable (and not washed out). The texture of this liner is very creamy and smooth, it doesn't drag on my lips and is not waxy at all. When I was looking for a pink lipliner at Sephora recently, I had initially skipped over this liner just looking at its name alone -- the name "Natural" just didn't sound pinky ... but luckily, I swatched it on my hand and discovered what a pretty cool-toned pink shade it was. If I were to knock a lippie off, it would be due to the price (this costs over $30 CDN) and this lipliner is also very tiny in size (a very slim and short pencil that is a hexagon kind of shape like a drafting pencil). I want to buy an extra to keep in my purse for touch-ups, but for now, I think I will stash my Maybelline Pink lipliner in my purse instead (which is a tad warmer pink and a bit waxier in texture, but still not too bad in a pinch).

on 11/21/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Thanks to MUA reviews, I picked this up yesterday at Sephora. I do really like it, very pigmented. I would not really call this "natural". It is a nice pink color that really seems to define the lips. Having said that, my lips are lined and are pigmented, but that is starting to wear off. All said, I think you could get away with this, some Fusion gloss and you would be good to go. I am still a big fan of the DuWop Prime Venom under it all though. :) Price a bit steep for a liner, but would probably buy again.
UPDATE: Way too expensive for as much as I wear it.

on 11/7/2010 7:36:00 PM

Was a free liner. At first sight looked darker than I'd normally wear...but really is a creamy nuetral burgandy rose. Slightly darker than your natural lip color. I was using it on my entire lips and topping with a neutral pink like Mac Brave, but have been lately just using it as a lipcolor alone. Great product!!!

I got a small size of this in my Nordstrom GWP set. I don't typically use liner because it always looks so obvious on me. But, this one looks great! I have very pink lips naturally, so this is just a teensy bit darker than my natural lip tone. It blends well, and keeps my lipstick/gloss in check. I like that it is firmer than the MAC Cremestick Liner in Beurre (my previous HG) and less emollient with better staying power and precision. Overall, I am pleased with this and will repurchase in the full size.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I paid $8.50 for mine off of ebay and it is not a lot of product for what the normal price is. I also do not like this shade. It is too pink for me. It is also too soft. Will use it till it is gone, but will not repurchase.

on 12/4/2006 6:25:00 AM

The most natural MLBB liner - most neutral liners lean towards brown, this is just soft pink - not garish at all. Not a lot of product, but more than you get with some of the automatic pencils. The pencil itself looks a little flimsy, light-weight, but no problem so far.

on 4/30/2006 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yup I got this free as well like the most gals here.That's what makes this product so famous I guess.Anyways,it's a nice rosy medium pink on my lips.I usually don't use lipliners with pink lippies(use them only for red and burgundies)but since I got this on hand,what the heck I use it sometimes.All and all it's a decent product.

on 4/29/2006 3:19:00 PM

This was given me free by my YSL haul.Theres a lovely SA at my YSL counter and gives me free stuff yay!anywayz,I'm not a lipliner fan but I do line and smudge the lines and then put lipstick or l/g.This makes my lips fuller.This is a great tip I use.YSL is my favorite brand at the moment with great quality of products.#6 lipliner is a great shade that matches my liptone.I loved it and may buy it again:)

A creamy rose pink lipliner. Just a touch darker than my pigmented lips. Very pricy (AUD$35 - price of a lipstick in some brands!). But texture wise, as good as armani which is even pricer (AUD$44)!

Popular Lip Liners