April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Self Tanners - Neutrogena - Self Tanning Mousse

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was easy enough to use and dried quickly. Application was for the most part quite even although there were some patches here and there. I had to apply it about 3-4 times before it reached the required medium-dark. It lasted a few days and faded gradually. However, the smell was the usual fake tan smell and the colour on me was quite orange (light to medium skin tone with yellow undertones).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by polaroidlove

This product was another huge letdown for me when it comes to self tanners. I think they are all much too expensive for the quality you get. I applied it and only a few hours later I saw myself turning very orange. It was even - but orange & noticably so. It also had a perfume-y smell to it that was very strong. I found the foam would probably be a better deal than the lotions because it seems as though you would get more out of it - but not really when you need to apply it every day & constantly buy more to keep the colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Sandra1Dallas

I have pale skin and picked up the medium version at the drugstore on a whim. I like Neutrogena products - particularly their foundations. This was a huge disappointment. The pkging says it does not streak but it did streak so badly it looked like I had a skin disease. Several hours after applying it I wiped it off with a damp papertowel and all the color came off on the paper towel.

So in addition to it being streaky, it can easily come off on fabric like upholstered furniture.

Also, two days later my fingernails still look stained a dingy color.

Never again on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2003 7:01:00 PM More reviews by asian_drag

I used the Extra Deep mousse. The Good - it dries fast, and is easy too apply. The Bad - it smells like rancid soy sauce. The Ugly - It made my pale Asian skin a creepy nuclear orange & as streaky as bad 80's highlights.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2001 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Crusty

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ran out of my PC self tanner and picked this up @ Walgreens to do in a pinch. I used the Deep Dark, and I am moderately fair. One application gave me an even, realistic color that lasted for several days. However, attempts to layer this product on my lighter skin tone left me a bit orange. This product is easy to use, definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2001 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the Deep Glow formula, even though I have fair skin. I was not disappointed. The mousse is easy to apply, dries quickly (though I would give it 15 minutes rather than "less than five" as the bottle indicates, since it feels a little stickier than Neutrogena's spray formula). I did this beofre bed and in the morning, a good 6 hours later, I was pleased to find my skin had acquired a lovely golden glow. Later in the day, I found my color deepening still, even though I had only applied the product once. Naturally, the more often you apply it, the deeper your color will become. But one application gets you off to a great start!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2001 3:06:00 PM More reviews by NelStar

Being the self-tanning novice that I am, I decided to buy this Neutrogena self tanning mousse because it was a "good results or your money back" product and also I had heard good things about it. I chose the mousse in "Deep dark" which I thought would be good for my medium skin. I first tried this product on my tummy just in case it came out a terrible colour...the mousse is very light and has a slightly sticky feel to it (it's a pump mousse not an aerosol type mouse). The smell is supposed to be "a light fresh fragrance" but it's a little stinky!! Oh well, the mousse blends well and since it's not tinted make sure that the area you are trying to self tan is covered well. This self tanner does give a nice colour and is easy to use. I really recommend this product...and if I can have success with it...you'll definitely do fine :)