October 23, 2014 | 1292 users online

Lipstick - Apt.5 Cosmetics - Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2004 1:10:00 AM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thier lipsticks suck actually. No moisturzing qualities at all and zero staying power! It's almost gone 10 min later! This is the main reason why I never wear lipsticks and stick soley to gloss w/ lip liner. I have used enough lipsticks in my time to know that their lipsticks are very poor in quality.UPDATE: Well, this has been my signature lip liner for a couple years+ now but alas I have to discontinue my support of Apt 5 as their customer service is far too horrific to deal with any longer. Some of the worst I have come across w/ an on-line retailer. Just no longer worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 1:55:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

Lipstick in L46
I received this in a swap and it is my new favorite "professional" lipstick by far. I have cool pale to medium skin, black hair and brown eyes and this is a perfect cool toned creamy lipstick for me. It wears well, wearing down to a natural stain. It does not look too matte, sheer or shiny. And it comes in a very cool lucite case as well. I am amazed at the quality of this line and would highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2004 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mkupjunkie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good lipstick for the price. A collection of lovely shades---especially the lilac frost and orangey brown that goes well with my medium olive complexion. And it's fragrance free compared to other drugstore brands like Revlon and L'Oreal, so no allergies for those with sensitive lips like me. The only problem is--it has hardly any staying power, otherwise I would have given 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2004 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jalin

I didn't like the lipstick as much as the lipgloss in terms of texture but I am wowed by the packaging (clear and blocky). I have 2 shades: 08 and 29. L-08 appears very vibrant in the tube but goes on a sheer coral-pink. L-29 is a more dramatic berry color. Combining both makes for a lovely stain. These did not smell as yummy as the gloss but their staying power is better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2004 10:59:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Now, I was really disappointed when I was in Duane Reade trying these lipsticks out. The colors were nice, but the smell and the consistency reminded me of cheap plastic and army camo sticks. I have heard so many great things about Apt.5 lipstick so I was surprised they were so bad. I did buy some eyeshadow by Apt.5 and those are nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by mkbegovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have two colors - L10 (clear/sheer peach) and L06 (sheer/shimmery mauve). I love both of them - I even bought L06 as a gift for my niece who has similar coloring (pale skin, dk. blonde hair). They need to be reapplied but feel fabulous, don't dry out and don't glob up. Plus you can't beat the price at $7.50/tube. Great packaging, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2003 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On a recent trip to NYC I stopped in a Duane Reade and bought three items from this line on an impulse. The lipstick comes in a solid Lucite case, reminiscent of EL Pure Color but without the gold trim. I chose LS-04, a pale petal pink with no shimmer. It goes on shiny and slightly greasy, with a faint vanilla taste. It doesn't last, but that's to be expected from such a shiny color. I don't mind reapplying! For $7.50 you can't beat it.