L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 5/27/2015 1:26:00 AM

My go to, I'm broke, mascara. It is what it is - nothing too special but my lashes look long and it's better than other drug store brands.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm always on the lookout for great drugstore products but found myself disappointed with this one. In a mascara, I look for the following:

1. Foolproof to apply (no clumping, no other weird issues and no curler necessary to achieve good results).

2. Payoff must be worth the effort expended to even bother with it in the first place (while many people apparently would go out the door with a naked face except for mascara, I'm sort of the opposite. I'll do everything BUT eye makeup, unless it's worth my time).

I guess I'm kind of picky-not-picky? I can go without the stuff easily and not miss it, but when I do, it has to be worth taking the time to apply it.

As such, this was no bueno for me. It's very clumpy formula, wet and troublesome to work with couldn't get it to distribute evenly at all. The volumizing effects ended up at the base, but were overly heavy compared to the overall length. I ended up with spider lashes and product in places I wasn't expecting (though it sort of looked like I'd applied eyeliner, which was an interesting and not entirely negative outcome as I never wear the stuff).

I do NOT have mad skillz in the mascara department, nor do I have the patience to try to make a product like this work. For people with much better eye-to-hand coordination, and lovelier eyelashes to enhance in the first place, I have no doubt great results can be achieved!

My baseline remains the Marc Jacob's O!Mega Volumizing mascara. It's apparently not widely known, but I find it insanely easy/foolproof to apply and still achieve an outcome that makes the whole ordeal worthwhile, and worth the semi-premium price, alas. The L'Oreal Volumizing mascara didn't even come close. I ended up returning it, which I rarely ever do with makeup.

on 5/20/2015 7:17:00 AM

one of the best low price mascaras i have ever used, this and better then sex by too faced are both my favourites that i have tried!

on 5/17/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's my go-to mascara. I try other stuff... I come back to this. Full and soft coverage. Layers well.

on 5/9/2015 3:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried, and I have tried many mascaras.
For reference, I have dark but fine lashes which are long and curly. Volume and definition are the main things I look for in a mascara. The formula of this mascara goes on really smooth and coats my lashes evenly from root to tip. Its give great volume and is buildable, making it great for day and night. It also doesn't flatten out curl like some mascaras do.
It comes off really easy and clean too, with just water and facial wash. No gross black residue around my eyes. This works just about as well as Benefit's They're Real, but for a fraction of the price. Love it!

on 5/9/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

HG mascara! I have tried many and this is by far the best, it is way better than Diorshow. I will continue to repurchase this, it gives great volume and length. Can be a little bit clumpy, but the drama this mascara creates is worth it. Also keeps lashes fairly soft.

on 5/6/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is my HG mascara. I pair this with Lancome Cils Booster XL and it is wonderful. I would definitely buy this again.

on 4/24/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm very happy with this mascara. After trying many high end brands (bad gal lash, better than sex, perversion etc.) looking for volume I haven't found one that I've really loved especially for the price. This mascara lasts all day without flaking. No messy application! It gives me great volume and length without clumping my lashes together. Looks very natural and if I want to go for a little more drama I just add a couple more coats. For a little over 5 bucks you can't beat the price. Would deff recommend!

I loved this mascara the first couple times I bought it. But I repurchased in very black color and it was garbage?!?! Weird. I have yet to go back and try the original black again but I fear the formula has changed

on 4/6/2015 11:09:00 AM

Not loving this. It is ok but kings goopy and gives me spider lashes. Will probably use it since I bought it but I will stick to my Maybelline Full and Soft which IMO is the best!

Popular Mascaras