L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wahhhhhh I really want to love this product, well at least appreciate what the hype was about, but I am totally unimpressed. I like the wand and packaging, and the black is a nice rich black colour. However, I do not seem to be able to get any volume worth talking about. I have average eyelashes, that will hold a curl if I curl my lashes several times, but I found this mascara did not hold a curl well. The wand does define the lashes well and does not clump. I have applied up to 3 coats, to still not be impressed by the volume vs other mascaras I have tried. I also have oily eyelids, and despite eyelid preimer and powders, this mascara still runs on me, and I have panda eyes by mid afternoon.
I

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know Kim K uses this mascara but I'm not all that impressed with it, to be honest. It goes on rather wet and it doesn't hold a curl at all. It does create some volume, which is good, but because it doesn't hold a curl, all is lost for me. I can apply several coats, which again, is good, but that doesn't matter if in an hour, my lashes are droopy and sad. So I tried the Voluminous waterproof formula. However, I couldn't apply more than one coat so I didn't get much volume at all. It's much drier than the non waterproof version. And it didn't hold a curl much better either. So the Voluminous formula was a complete bust for me. I think I'm being generous by giving it three lippies. Maybe Kim K has naturally curly lashes so holding a curl isn't a feature she needs. Probably not. That said, however, many of us mere mortals need that feature and for me it's really important, as is volume. I want a formula that will give me tons of volume and will hold a curl really well. I can get that with Maybelline Rocket waterproof and with Loreal False Fiber Lashes Waterproof, layering first the Loreal and then the Rocket. Doing this gives me volume and curl that are nonstop. I discovered this by accident and I'm so glad I did. The False Fiber formula gives me tons of volume and also holds the curl to some degree and the Rocket also gives me volume and holds the curl really well and together they are dynamite. Much better than either of the Voluminous formulas. I rate the Loreal with five lippies and the Rocket with five lippies too. I recommend both of them highly. I don't recommend the Voluminous formulas if your lashes aren't already curly. But if they are and you don't need a lash curler, go for it. And if you don't tear up during the day and don't need a waterproof formula, you may get a lot of volume from the regular Voluminous formula. So all things being equal, I'm giving the Voluminous formula three lippies and if you like what you hear, go for it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am huge fan of L'Oreal mascaras of this line. This one is no exception if your looking for both volume and length.
It applied beautifully and wore fantastic for over 12 hours. It holds up well in very hot and humid weather without smudging or flaking. Easy to remove though I always use an oil based makeup remover anyway.
One of the best mascaras I have ever used in the almost 40 years I have been wearing makeup. I have tried $40.00 mascaras that did not work near this well.
Highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this mascara.. I just can't LOVE it. I like the results when on my lashes and the long wear. It has a normal brush wand, which I like. It is just a pain to get it on. Maybe I got a bad package. The formula is a little "wet" for me, and it seems to get everywhere. It gets on the tube and gets big clumps on the wand. I hope that after a little more use it will start to "dry" out to a consistency I like. I think they need better packaging and this will be better. I would not suggest this for mascara beginners.. just due to all the hassle you have to go through to get in on your lashes. The result reminds me of the Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara, it is alot more than $8, but it does not get everywhere.

Is the look worth the hassle?

I used to have this mascara in blue and it was awesome! Really volumized my lashes and even though it was blue it did a great job colourizing evenly, if that makes sense.

This mascara is the bomb. I am a total mascara hoarder and I have tried almost every single one available at the drugstore, as well as some high end.

It is definitely a wet formula which I like. It goes on nicely and I'm able to put on a few coats without it turning into a clumpy mess.

The wand is a little large so I do have to be careful or else I will get mascara on my eyelids. I do find this mascara performs better if you wipe the wand off with a tissue to remove the excess before each application.

I love the results I get with this mascara!! Thick, dark and long lashes that would leave strangers wondering if my lashes were falsies! Once curled they would almost touch my eyebrows!

I wear glasses and occasionally contacts and this mascara really makes my lashes stand out and makes my eyes look amazing. I will always repurchase!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used to use the Lash Out until it was discontinued. I decided to go back to LOreal mascara and try this one. Had it been easy to remove, I might have continued to use it, but when I have to remove mascara three times and still wake up with it under my eyes, I move on.

Pros:
Nice brush
Good black color

Cons:
Difficult to wash off/remove

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect everyday mascara. It is quite normal gives you some length and some volume but nothing special.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To be honest, most mascaras do the same thing for me. I prefer mascaras that are volumizing over lengthening. This mascara is pretty good at making my lashes feel really full. I don't think its the best mascara out there but for the price and what it does. It's pretty good.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this mascara for the past 2 1/2 years and have repurchased a countless amount of time! If I'm being honest, I have a love hate relationship with it! This is one of those mascaras that takes a few tries to really break it in. The first time you use it, you might think that it's really wet and clumpy, but in my experience, I always get past that phase within 2-3 uses. This is a really volumizing mascara and you can also get it to length your lashes. I look for a mascara that can give my long, but not curly lashes volume and length. And this mascara worked well for that!
The only thing I really don't like about this is that it can get clumpy, very quickly if you apply too much at once. You can also get spider lashes rather quickly so that is one of the reasons why I don't like this mascara sometimes. Whenever it gets clumpy, you can just run a clean spoolie brush through it and then it's all good, but it can get a little annoying at times. It can seem like a wet formula (even I thought so at first) but if you keep using it for a while and get used to the mascara, it can do wonders for your eyelashes! It's cheap, simple and it comes off really easily with a makeup wipe!

Popular Mascaras