This is one that I reach for over and over (and over!). I love the curved brush in this because it feels like it gives the best coverage and the tapered tip does well with getting those tiny inner lashes. I'm using # H002 Black Brown. This has a lot of pigment and will add quite a bit of volume with 2 coats. It doesn't give you a false lashes look though or Kim Kardashian spider lashes, but it does give you that glam girl look. It might be capable of achieving that look but I only use 2 coats. When brand new it performs wonderfully, but after use it does tend to clump some so I use an eyelash comb to remove the clumps when it does. If you are looking for a natural "I'm born with it" look, you can achieve that with one coat if you are light handed in application. I like this product so much I have been using it and recommending it to my friends for years. In fact, my current tube is nearly gone and it's time to replace it again, which I will gladly do!
This mascara is ideal for separating and lengthening lashes, probably the best one I've tried for this. I do need to add a couple of coats to get the desired effect and I then go over with a different mascara to thicken the lashes for a more dramatic look but this is all down to preference anyway. I would't say it was worth the full £10/£12 it cost me to buy it but that's only because mascara isn't as much of a necessity to me as other makeup items so I never usually spend as much on these that's the only reason I would not buy again (at full price).
This is by far the worst product I have ever used. It has actually made my lashes clump and fall out. I will never use this again and have told everyone I know not to use it,
L Oreal this will be the last product I buy from you, I don;t know what has happened to you guys in the last 5 yrs to makes such underrated products. I know that I am done spending as much money as I have in the past, You guys have lost it.
I have decent length eyelashes, but they are not thick at all. I was in love with this mascara when I first bought it because it gave my eyelashes that full look and separates them. But I am now on my second tube and I just don't like it as much. I now combine it with covergirl lash blast to get the best volume.
- very dark
- doesn't flake off
- gives volume
- packaging sucks. you HAVE to wipe off the ton of excess that comes out on the brush
- if you want dramatic lashes it will take at least 3 coats...beware of spider lashes though
One of my FAVORITE DRUGSTORE MASCARAS! This mascara gives a perfect amount of volume and makes lashes look ah-mazing! One of the best for sure! Might even beat some high end ones!
This is one of my favourite drugstore mascaras. I have naturally long and thick lashes already so I love how it amplifies them...and the jet black colour is perfect! Also, my lashes are quite dark already (aside from slightly blonde tips) so I feel that it applies nicely - not sure how it would work for a softer, lighter lash though - it may be too heavy and sticky and clump the lashes if you're a blonde or redhead.
While in HS my eyelashes were so long, thick, and very full. Now a few years after HS I have noticed them becoming less full not long anymore, very sad. Because of this I have spent lots of money these past few months on all kinds of mascara's.
I purchased this one when I noticed a friend's eyelashes, so pretty full long. Pretty much what mine use to be. This mascara is great. I apply about 3 coats and they look very nice. Obviously not what they were but very close. I would def. recommend to any friends that are having the same problem. Plus its so cheap like 5-6 bucks!
It really does what it says its going to do.
This has always been my go-to mascara. I haven't used it for a couple of years, but I had a coupon and decided to get it in carbon black.
This is terrible! Has the quality gone down, or was it always like this? For the last couple of years I have been using more high-end brands, and in contrast this is just terrible! It flakes, clumps, and is not build able at all! This is going right into the trash after three attempts of getting it right.
The only good thing I can say about it is that it is truly a deep black, and is easily removed.
Bye, L'Oreal mascara! Never gonna use you again!
Absolutely the best mascara by L'Oreal. I've been using Voluminous x5 in Carbon Black since it first came out and I will continue using it.
- It does give volume via straightening the eyelashes and thickens them (only when you're wearing it.) If you want them to be curvy, you can use an eyelash curler.
- The most important thing in a mascara for me is its color. For a dramatic look, which I like, you NEED a really dark black mascara. Carbon Black version of this product gives that dramatic look wonderfully. I've tried ALL the other Carbon Blacks from L'Oreal's other mascaras. None of them was as dark as Voluminous's carbon black.
- Pretty cheap compare to other mascaras with the same quality.
- Yep, there are clumps. It's mostly but not only because of the brush. To decrease the amount of clumps, you can try to put on Voluminous using L'Oreal Telescopic mascara's brush -- it doesn't end clumps completely, but decreases the amount.
- Because it really really is black, it really really is hard to clean the mascara off your lashes. I take a shower, get out and wipe my lashes with an eye make-up remover 4-5 times, yet, if I cry the next day, there is still a little black on the tissue. Still, worth for the dramatic look.
My absolute favorite mascara. I even prefer it over Mary Kay. It gives amazing length and volume and thickness with no clumps or weird fall out. It's decently priced too and available just anywhere! Don't waste your money on the spendy brands when you have all the quality here for much cheaper! I've also heard good things about their new millionous lashes mascara in the gold tube, which has a different brush.