December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Fast and Flawless Airbrush foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by TRGIRL66

I am sick of creams and minerals and need more coverage than tinted moisturizers can offer so I picked up the Sally Hansen air brush - why because I was at CVS a few days ago and a girl with beautiful makeup was picking up like three cans of it.....so it's kinda like if a haircut is good....

I am reviewing this after only using once, but don't know if I will use it again or return it as I put this on a couple of hours ago and the scent is STRONG....it's just an awful scent that is lingering, kinda like the self tanning scent.

The color I bought is Dark and a perfect match for my olive tan skin. I have a scar on my neck from a curling iron and I just sprayed this over and it covered beautifully. Coverage is sheer but pores are still visible (i use Clinques pore minimizer for that) and my skin feels a bit tight, I did see posts that you should apply while moisturizer is still damp or use a damp sponge, and I want to play with that because the color is so darn good.

I am not seeing any orange as others have posted, but I think those posts were a few years ago so maybe the formula has changed.

I am going to give this a try a few more days if I can get over the awful scent as it is a light even coverage that I am looking for with a no makeup feel.

Also the price with tax came to $15 which for a small can is a bit high for sally Hansen?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Really dose make skin look flawless. Coverage is great. But w/ my oily skin you need to touch it up a lot throughout out the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and my shade is MAC C4, GA LSF 5.5/6, BB #4 Natural, Maybelline Light 5 and I got this in the shade "Nude". I am looking at this shade. I got it in the summer when I was darker and wore it once and I wonder what was I thinking??? I am very yellow and this has way too much green in it.

The spray is a cute gimmick but the instructions recommend that you spray it on your hand first before applying, not on your face directly. I did it anyway and it was . . . .fun but like I said, the color was off and this shade was the closest to my skin from researching before i bought it. I am not gonna buy another spray foundation again since like I said before, it's just a gimmick.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AarinElizabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Looks great, until it turns orange!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by defectivegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Dior's Airflash and LOVED it. When I ran out my friend told me about this so I decided to give this a go.

NOT what I wanted AT ALL.

The lightest shade was MUCH too dark
Fist off you DO NOT spray this directly on your face, you must apply it to a sponge first. So it defeats the purpose of the airbrush foundation to me. It was very ORANGE on my skin. It also left a terrible sticky/oily texture behind, even with powder over it. It didn't last but about an hour or two before it looked awful. It also made my blemish prone areas break out after a day. I will not buy this again and do not recommend it in the slightest. I am very disappointed, I hope to find a cheap alternative to Dior's fantastic Airflash, but until then....

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This makeup works really well. I wouldn't use it daily, but love it when I'm just getting over acne and there are scars or marks left behind. The coverage is amazing and looks totally natural if you get it in the right shade, you may not even need concealer. I got mine a little darker to avoid the mask-y look/looking way too washed out in pics, and it actually matched me perfectly. I also like using this for more formal occasions, applied with a sponge. Def a necessity for emergencies! The only thing is, on its own it won't keep oilies away, so use a setting powder or a mattifying primer beforehand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as an extra in a swap by a very sweet swapper. The color is beach beige and it actually looked like it would work so I tried it out. I sprayed this on a make up sponge then applied it. I also tried spraying it on my face and blending it in which worked well too.The color was perfect and did provide lightweight coverage. Doesn't feel sticky or anything and didn't have any orangy coloring to it either. I had primed my face before with my green primer. This was my first spray on foundation so I like it. I'm not sure how long the bottle will last but I imagine for sometime since it's practically full and you don't need a lot of it

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a long time ago and I must say that I really like the way it feels on my face, it's very lightweight and you feel as if you don't have make up in your face BUT the one I got is the "No color" one and it DOES have color and even though I'm not pale and I have yellow undertones (since I'm from the Caribbean) it's still looks orange-y on my skin, when I used to use it I had to wear a lighter powder to make it work a little bit. In relation to breakouts, I think it caused me a few but I'm not sure. If I get to use it again I'll write it down (since I haven't use the entire bottle). Buying it again? I don't think so...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jadeflower15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely head over heels in love with this product. I hate wearing foundation, but I envied my friends flawless faces after they applied their foundation. This product gives me that even glow without looking like I am wearing layers of makeup. Now my friends envy how flawless my face looks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I just tried this today in "Light/Medium" and I really like it. It took me awhile to figure out application though- spray it onto a sponge then apply to your face, because if you spray it onto your face directly it will be thick, streaky, and orange. It also appears that "no color" is a bad choice that will turn you into an oompah loompah (I never trust "one size fits all" colors anyway). Applied with the sponge, this stuff looks pretty natural on me, though I'm a little too fair and might have gone with a lighter color if I could have found one. The best part is how it feels- very light and like I'm not wearing makeup at all. And it takes care of the redness around my nose, although I need a little concealer on the acne scars I have on the side of my face (but I almost always need concealer for those). To those who hated this: try applying with a sponge for better luck. And if you're very fair, be careful, because it does have a more yellow cast to it than some. It's worth a try though- CVS has a good return policy :-P

Edit: I knocked off an extra point because this stuff wears off too quickly on me. Plus it looks way more orange in the sunlight than when I originally tested it at night. Still worth a try, but I wish the SH people would find a more neutral color.