December 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Eye Shadow - Yves Saint Laurent - Eye Shadow Duo #1

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh the packaging is so beautiful! Lasting power and color payoff aren't the greatest that's for sure. The greenish/brown/bronze color makes my blue eyes pop and I love the glitter in it. Along with some (liquid) eyeliner it makes a great everyday look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

This product is beautiful, everything from the gold compact to the shimmering shades. These two colours, light taupe and a deep green-ish colour blend beautifully and create a really grown up sophisticated look. Recently i have applied this product with a wet brush, and it makes for a gorgeous long lasting colour. They are very easy to blend and look nice on their own or with the taupe on eyelid and brow bone with darker colour used to line or used in edges. I am going to buy the chanel eyeshadow quad next and see how it compares to YSL. Def recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by la_petite_pipistrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this duo. One side is a beautiful rich olive green shot through with golden shimmer, the other side is a bronzy-gold taupe. I love using the green on the lid, with the bronzy taupe in the crease, but really, there are so many ways to wear this. I also like the taupe on the lids, the green in the outer corners and wetlined under the lower lashline. Each colour on its own provides a beautiful wash of subtly shimmery tint. I've paired the duo with other golds and bronzes and smoky greens, and they just work beautifully. A must for any brown-eyed girl!
The YSL duos are some of my absolutely favourite eyeshadows. I love the ease of application (they are so soft they practically blend themselves as you apply them) and the elegant richness of colour (never garish). They can be dry-brushed on for a sheer effect, or packed on damp for more vivid colour pay-off. And as the day wears on they melt a little into an oddly soft-gloss luminous finish that is really very flattering on the lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2006 7:02:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

The review from Neblina below says it all: Warm, shimmery colors, finely milled, makes blue eyes pop, both are similar in darkness and therefore doesn't create much contrast, and goes on sheer or opaque depending on technique.
I would like to add that the colors work wonderfully for me too, even though I'm cool toned. I have some slightly warm undertones going on though, so I can get away with SOME warm colors from the green and brown palette.
This duo is longlasting, soft, doesn't crease, and is not that shimmery - more satiny, which I prefer. Great for both day and night, used together or one color alone. Of all the eyeshadow brands out there, I find YSL to be the best.
And of course, the packaging is stylish and elegant as always. If you can wear this duo, don't hesitate to purchase. YSL is my HG brand for a reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2005 10:27:00 AM More reviews by lemmons84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of the YSL eyeshadow duos. There are 2 colors: a shimmery msos green and a shimmer brown/gold. They are both beautiful and are great for everyday wear or going out. If you put the brown all over the lid and then layer the green on on the corner and crease of your eye it looks great and makes your eyes pop. I have brown eyes and it looks great. Would look great with green/hazel eyes as well. I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2005 3:03:00 PM More reviews by hounddog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the nicest of all YSL duos. The older duos were not as silky but they lasted on longer. I find these duos extremely silky but they always crease a little bit. The colors are so flattering on me. However while on the skin the colors look really similar to each other: They are both olivey greens. Very good for green and blue eyes. I dont think I will purchse this again because of the poor lasting power. Chanel lasts better one me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 10:31:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like Neblina below, I use these shadows usually as single shades, not as a "go together mini-palette". Both of the shades here are shimmery: a warm, golden green, similar to the shade of a green olive, and then a warm, golden greenish-bronze. These are VERY warm-toned, as a precaution to people wanting something more neutral or cool. I have been on a YSL kick lately. I love the finely milled, soft non-flakey texture and application of YSL shadows. They also are pigment rich and come in the classiest packaging around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 2:33:00 PM More reviews by chilli

The other reviewers have done such a great job desriding this duo that I don't have much to add. I have warm green eyes and a true PPP complexion and this duo fits me perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2003 11:59:00 AM More reviews by neblina

This duo is made up of two very warm, shimmery colours, which makes it perfect for making blue eyes pop. It is composed of a dry moss green and a medium bronzy brown. They are very finelly milled, infused with gold micro shimmer. They can go on sheer or opaque, as the quality of the pigment allows for it. They wear beautifully, without fading or creasing. My only qualm is that both shades are really just as dark. Maybe the brown is half a shade lighter, but not enough to make a contrast. Therefore, I treat this duo mostly as two separate shadows - except in the evening, for a more sophisticated effect. I need a separate highlighter, too. Both can easily be paired with other eye shadows, blending wonderfully with other favourites.
The packaging is pure style. YSL need never change it, because it is classy in that timeless manner that only very exclusive brands ever achieve. It comes with both shadows and two applicators which, contrary to what we are used to, aren't completely worthless. There's a rounder, fuller one, and a poity one. They are made of micro foam, and they will get the job done if you don't have your brushes around (or if you don't own brushes) without wrecking the shadow's surface.
At EURO29.50, these duos are expensive. I would repurchase because the shades are gorgeous and unique, but you don't get a lot of product for your money.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2003 4:47:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This goes on very smoothly and doesn't crease, but it's not quite shimmery enough. The colours, though, are gorgeous and nicely highlight my light brown eyes.