April 18, 2014 | 1835 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm loving the chic, sophisticated look of the whole "mannequin hands" trend. That's when you get a polish that is the same color as your fingers. It's a way to make you're fingers look really long, or to keep the focus off of them. I'm an NC15, and this shade is a really good shade for that. Like a lot of nude colored finger nail polishes, if you want a completely opaque look, you need three coats of this. But it looks good with two coats too. I like to wear a matte top coat on top, but it's also really pretty with a glossy finish too.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaColorCoatedLife

Perfect color for my skin tone, but very streaky and sheer. I have to apply three coats which I really hate doing because one, I don't have the time and two, with a base and top coat that's five layers on my nails and that takes way too long to dry! I have had this bottle for over a year and have worn it twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used this color for years - love it! Such a classic, pretty nude that works great alone or in a French. (For reference, I'm naturally a NW 20 but I keep a tan so I'm probably more NW 40-45ish).

Lately though, I've been kinda obsessed with the whole "mannequin hands" look. (For me, it's actually my toes - my nail lady uses CND shellac on my finger nails). Only I like to punch it up with some glitter. I use Zoya's anchor, one coat of Samoan Sand, then one coat of Zoya Bailey, topped off Zoya's armour. Perfect color with just a touch of glitter. Lasts for weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by meghandolores

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Samoan Sand is one of my favorite colors! It's the perfect nude for my skin tone. It applies like a dream, but it usually takes three or four coats to make me satisfied. Like all OPI polishes, it could be a tad cheaper, but I have about four bottles of Samoan Sand, so the price must not matter too much to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by twotwo1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first OPI I tried and I've been hooked since. It's a great nude that just looks beige on my nails. No yellow. No peach. Just beige. My sister was visiting and. tried it. She loved it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Ligia16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

so this is my first review..
i bought this polish after seeing the gorgeous colour in different photos online.
i have hundreds of nail polishes and a lot of them are OPI too but i don t think any other polish frustrated me like this one
first of all the colour is indeed beautiful even though it tends to darken as the polis starts to dry and in artificial licght it is a bit too yellow and makes your nails corps-like or a bit diseased, otherwise it is good for a nude
but the formula is absolutely HORRIBLE, and this doesn t even describe half of it.
i had done my nails yeasterday at lunch time ( 3 coats, 5 minutes between them, kept fingers in cold water 10 mins), by evening on of them was already chipped and a couple had marks from napkins or towels ( i have not performed almost any action exept from washing my hands and eating and staying on my laptop)
i went to bed almost 12 hours after applying the polish and i woke up with horrible marks from sheets and hair (i even tired to stay with my hands and nails upward during sleep but i guess after i fell asleep couldn t control that any more)
so i had to re-do them in the morning
the second time it all came waaay streaky and it took like 6 times to do them aproximatively ok but still 3 coats and streaky, and also it has started to get bubbly and had to constantly re-do some nails because of that
so i m very unhappy with this product
is not worth AT ALL the HUGE price
i once had a polish almost same color from L Oreal and 2 coats were perfect , dried in 5 mins and never chipped or streaked, it was half the price (and at that time that seemed pricey too)
i will keep the polish because i want to take it to the manicurist and try a half moon mani with this color and black (i have seen on OPI instagram and liked it) and maybe she will have more succes in applying it and have some special fast drying products
i have now applied it the zilionth time and already prepared for staying in bed at my laptop at least 3 hours and waitfor it to dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by 2dayBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought many bottles of OPI in one shot due to all the great reviews~~ but it really sucks in my opinion. This is one of the colors i bought, way too transparent thus take TOO MANY layers to make the color visible and it tends to be very streaky when apply and doesn't even out by itself. Also OPI nail polish generally takes too long to dry, and remains soft for even longer, which means if i apply at night, I'll definitely wake up in the morning with blanket/sheet prints on my nails!!!! Which happens every single time even i waited for hours before go to bed!!! Btw it's also too overpriced for it's quality, which is so-so at most.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow really excited to write this review, this is a very pretty caramel peach nude. On my NC40 skin tone its a my nails but better color. Takes 3 coats to achieve the perfect finish. If you are on the market for a nude color, def worth giving this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite neutral nail colour to date... classy, elongates fingers... yet still noticeable. And warmer than most nudes.... doesn't make fingers look dead or emphasize paleness in Winter. Opaque from first cooat more than the average polish. Love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Can I just say I freaking love the names OPI gives to their nail polishes! Samoan Sand is a neutral beige with a tiny hint of peach. If I compare it Malaysian Mist, there are no similarities, except you need 3-4 coats for complete opacity too. Perfectly appropriate for any occasion.