August 27, 2014 | 1979 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveda - Replenishing Body Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I totally agree with the previous review. I like the light scent, but as for moisture, it is realllly lacking. Even in the summer, it's like it's barely even there. Definitely not worth the $$.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by rosymel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The scent is the best thing about this lotion, although every once in a while it did remind me of Avon's Skin So Soft. Must be the citronella in it. Anyway, as lotions go it is so-so. I find as long as I do not apply too much, it works OK as a very light lotion. One thing that doesn't impress me is that if I put on too much and try to rub it in (it tends to sit on top of my skin rather than soaking in), I get odd little waxy flakes. They aren't dry skin flakes, they're definitely flakes of wax. I'll use this up eventually, but if I'm going to spend this much, it might as well be on Kiehl's lotion, which is insanely pricey but actually lives up to its own hype.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i agree with the other reviewers who say this is not especially "replenishing". my skin is on the dry side, but not super dry- most of the time i need to moisturize daily, but once a day is enough. this lotion has a nice texture, but it doesn't keep my skin moisturized for an entire day. for the price, i won't rebuy, but if someone gave it to me, i wouldn't mind :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by snozzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a moisturizer and it smells like aveda. I like aveda, so I buy this moisturizer. I use it on my legs, it works ok. I like that its a cream consistency coming out of the tube rather than runny like some lotions. It doesn't moisturizer a whole lot, but it smells like aveda and it's better than drug store alternatives at least.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lcase423

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Considering both the name and high price of this lotion, I expected it to be a better product. I find that after using it, it becomes almost a "dry" lotion and is not very emollient. Maybe that is what Aveda designed it to do, but for me, I like a thick, emollient lotion, especially when it's called a "replenishing body moisturizer." Not a fan, and will not repurchase. One positive note is that, like all Aveda products, it has a wonderful scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

This is the only body lotion I've ever wanted to use. I can't stand heavy greasy creams on my hands or body. This is light and refreshing and absorbs fast. I buy a small tube which I keep in my bag to use as handcream. I absolutely love the smell and it keeps my skin soft. As others have said probably not the best for really dry skin. But I LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by baxter01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I asked for a light moisturizor and this was recommended. I'm very happy with it. Soaks in quickly, has a light scent that is not offensive, and leaves my skin very soft but not oily. I have oily skin naturally so I didn't want something heavy and this fits the bill. If you need heavy moisture for your skin this is not the product you want. Try one of their more intensive treatments. If you just want something to keep otherwise good skin supple then this is for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this unscented and they added the scent of my choice. I loved that part and I loved the scent I chose which was lovely and strong in the finished article. Unfortunately I didn't love the lotion which I found too thin and it just sat on top of my skin without sinking in. I wouldn't mind so much if it was cheap but it isn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Aveda Replenishing Body Lotion is a nice, decent lotion with a pretty lavender scent. It is rather nice for skin not in need of extreme moisturizing: it does its job well but not exceptionally so. Its effects were true for hours, and there is a nice array of botanical ingredients here, as there is with all Aveda products. I would consider purchasing this again if I needed something to tide me over between products in my search for the ultimate moisturizing body cream. Worth the money, but for ladies with drier skin and who may be on a budget (and are also not picky about the way their moisturizer smells), I suggest Aveeno. However, this is a good product if scent is important to you, you don't mind its being a bit more spendy, and if you don't have horribly dry skin. Good, solid product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Luda_Parker

It seems like some people really love this lotion, and I wanted to like it but I found it very average.

It does smell lovely, but I'm not convinced it moisturises very successfully - it really doesn't seem to have much effect. And, it certainly doesn't do a better than many bog-standard much cheaper lotions I've tried.

I shan't waste my money buying this again.

EDIT: After using this a couple of weeks it seems to be responsible for some scaly dry patches on my arms - I must be allergic. It's going in the bin. A very expensive waste of money.