September 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Lipgloss in Sunkissed Pink

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by smiley13tree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this item at Ulta because they were having a buy one get one free sale for NYC. I bought this color and Dusty Rose and I don't know what to do with the unopened second color... This gloss has a horrible smell to it; it feels like I'm gooping on soap or some cleaning agent onto my lips. The color is gorgeous in the tube, but on the lips, it's a over-the-top shimmery gold color. At least I only spent $1 on it. I do not recommend buying this!! Spend your precious dollars on something better. :]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first N.Y.C. purchase and I got it on a whim. It looks very pretty in the tube BUT DON'T BE FOOLED! It is a horrible color on, like a hot pink and warm peach mixed together with sparkles. The smell and taste is also horrible. The consistency is rather more of a "glob" than gloss, but for $2.00, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unremarkable is the best way to describe this l/g IMO. The smell and/or taste didn't bother me so that isn't an issue. The overall pigmentation was fair at best. I also found it to be fairly sticky but it really didn't have much staying power. I also didn't find it particularly glossy either. I would say if you were stranded & in need of a l/g with only $2 in your pocket this would be slightly better than chap stick in an emergency. I will use what I have but I won't repurchase this color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 1:47:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

Beautiful, texture is good enough. But it just smells beyond horrible and ditto for the taste. I could feel a sneeze coming on.

The color is beautiful with the gold shimmer in it, but, that scent and taste and sneezy feeling it gave all ruined it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2003 9:20:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sucks! Just found out off of Peta's website that MYC tests on animals so no more contributing to that BS. Still trying to find out if Wet N Wild does, but more likely. These cosmetics lines maybe inexpensive, but is it really worth the health and life of innocent animals? HARDLY!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this b/c, well I'm a lip gloss junkie but I'm on a budget right now. The color looked so gorgeous in the tube: a pink flecked with gold shimmer and a slightly metallic tinge. Ugh- the smell/taste is terrible! Kind of like sucking on an empty perfume bottle. Very little staying power. The color goes on very pale and goldy, not much hint of pink, plus it looks super metallic on. It gor better after some blotting. I might use this in the center of my bottom lip over darker lipstick for an evening look. But, this would be much better suited to a young teen who doesn't know about "good" makeup...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2002 4:43:00 PM More reviews by amber_vb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff. The color is wonderful. It's a pretty thick gloss, and I think it stays put pretty good. It has a real nice glossy shine to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2002 10:09:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPanda

The color was pretty, but the smell was awful. It had no staying power and got goopy on my lips. I'd rather splurge on a higher end gloss that lasts and smells decent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2002 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sarahviolett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love NYC clear lipgloss so I picked this one up for a change. I haven't been able to keep it on my lips for more than a minute becasue of the gross smell, and the color turned out terrible for my skin tone. I will stick to the clear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2002 5:02:00 PM More reviews by powderflow

The taste of this is quite nasty; think cheap flowery perfumed soap. The texture is good, and it is not sticky at all and does stay on for quite a while. The color is nice, but there is yet anothr problem; the lip shine goes on unevenly, It's either you apply a very sheer coat or a very thick one. Otherwise, you end up with uneven color.