September 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaEyes

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

I had this eyeshadow in my stash for a while and never picked it up because I thought the eyeshadows wouldn't be that great because it is such a cheap drugstore product (money wise). However, yesterday I used the eyeshadows and omg! Amazing ! Really worth it! Everyone should try it =)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerchelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I bought this in Gypsy because I was out of my MAC Electra and I needed a silver shade in a hurry. This is by no means a replacement, but it a lovely, sheer wash of silvery shimmer. A good staple for daytime. I don't know if the darker colors would perform as well, but this isn't bad. I like the screwtop packaging. I would like to see my Stila shadows in something more like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by theleaningelm

I got the duo in Vanilla and Chocolate two years ago for free, and well, I'm not letting go of it any time soon. The Vanilla shade works as a perfect highlight, and the Chocolate is beautiful in the crease of the eye. I swear, a dab of Vanilla in the inner corner of my eye and a little Chocolate in the crease, and I am out the door, looking awake and ready to take on the world!

Caveat: I wish Wet 'n' Wild would design a better case. Mine keeps popping open and leaving a light brown powder all over my make up bag. I like my e/s on ME and not my bag, thank you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by aimela

It is not bad for drugstore brand but no way does this compare to MAC eyeshadow. Not as finely milled, does not go on smoothly, a bit gritty in my opinion. Did not like the screw top. BTW, I have this in Plum Silva. It will go in the trash, at least I did not pay a lot for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

By the way I really do like the packaging, I think it's cute and the little pull-out mirror is really neat and an ingenious idea. Anyways, as for the shadow trio itself, well I do admit I was a little disappointed after reading all the raves here at MUA. The shadow was not as fine and silky as I was expecting it to be, it went on a bit gritty and chunky and was also quite sheer, so I had to take a long time putting it on and blend blend blend a lot. When I was done though the result was amazingly gorgeous, an indescribably subtly layered shimmer which lasted the whole day long, although I did use primer. I would continue to use and buy this but there are just so many eye shadows out there to try out I know for sure I won't be faithful to these WnW ones and I will certainly also be using other brands in addition to this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I won one in the Allure giveaway this past month & it arrived today. It is in Platinum Peony, which is a light pink. I did not expect to be able to wear pink eyeshadow without looking clownish--but this color is so sheer that it just adds a pinkish sheen that brings out my dark green eyes. It takes a minute to dry, but it did not bother my eyes--no squinting, no watering--it is just a very pretty look. I will be trying other colors, I am in my mid-30s and usually don't wear eye makeup because I don't like tugging at my eye lids, this eliminates that worry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

AHHH! I love the trio! I have this in a dark bronze, gold, and shimmery pink trio! I can't go a day without it sometimes! It lasts all day, no creasing...simply awesome. Can't get enough of it. I wanna pick up another!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2006 9:02:00 AM More reviews by ABCinVA

I amazed with these little color trios! First of all the packaging is GREAT. I had purchased three of them and didn't realize it CAME WITH A PULL OUT MIRROR until I got my fourth this morning. It totally put me over the edge with these little shadows.
Of the four I have, only one of them looked bad..it was the "Jewels" But, then again I have reddish hair and hazel eyes so it was a sketchy move to begin with buying it. It made my eyes look horribly swollend and bruised.
BUT! The three other ones I have (so sorry don't have the names) are fabulous. One is a green colored trio, the other shimmery nuetrals and the last a compact of a champagne, a gold and a deep chocolate. They are all great. I am ESPECIALLY impressed with the last one.
I got all of these at CVS for $1.99. They are usually marked $2.99 but CVS had an instore coupon for a dollar off.
Even if you screw up and get things that don't look good, you've only wasted three bucks.
These shadows are heavily pigminted, shimmery and last a good amount of time. If you apply them over a foundation they will last longer (I always put foundation on my eyelids just like the rest of my face.) I set it after with some loose powder and am always very happy with the results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by LadyWilde

I have this in Sapphires & Diamonds (dark blue and silver) and Lilac & Violet (dark and light purple). They are surprisingly well-pigmented for such an inexpensive brand, and I find that they apply very smoothly (they texture is so soft its almost creamy) and blend well. However, they look lovely for only about an hour and then every bit of color migrates into ugly-looking smears and creases! Blech! It's no fun to walk out of the house completely satisfied with your eye makeup, then look in the mirror on your coffee break two hours later and find that you look like you applied your makeup in a dark room without a mirror. Not worth it. I'd much rather spend a few dollars more for a higher-quality drugstore brand like L'Oreal or Cover Girl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Very pleasantly surprised by the Vanilla and Chocolate Duo. Decent pigmentation when combined with the WNW Iced Champagne cream e/s as a base. Looks very natural and classic. Its lasting power is not as great as the NYX eyeshadows (although better than CG and Loreal), however. Decent buy for a drugstore product. I'm definitely going to try the other colors too.

Edit: I got the Lilac & Violet one. It's definitely not as pigmented. I like the lilac one as a base, but the violet is disappointing. I'm not sure why there is such inconsistency, since WNW's single e/s Plum Silva is nice and much more pigmented.