LUSH Tisty Tosty Bath Bomb

2.6

on 6/15/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was really excited to try this bath bomb! Bath products wise I am what is often referred to 'as such a girl' because I actually really enjoy pampering baths. If I just need to get washed, I'll have a shower. If I am having a bath, it's because I want some pamper time!

Unfortunately, I did not get much pamper out of this bath bomb. It looked so cute in the shop, heart shaped and with roses! Hearts and roses- how I am so supposed to resist?! Of course I had to try it. The price seemed quite a bit, especially considering it looked like a one use type of product. I have split the twilight bath bomb into two, but this one just seemed to be a one use type of product. Maybe because it's heart shaped, kind of small and has roses on one side only...

So I was prepared to truly pamper myself. After all, this bath bomb cost 3.35 and I was ready to use it all in one go. An expensive treat, indeed! It was kind of fun to watch the bomb dissolve, but the excitement was short lived. Tisty tosty dissolved very quickly. All that was left were a few dried up rose buds and clear water. The smell was very faint... The rose buds were tiny and mostly green (really closed up buds). It was rather disappointing. No colour, no bubbles, no wonderful scent, no softness to the water... Nothing. Just clear faintly scented water and a few not so exciting rose buds. By that point I was glad I didn't follow Lush's recommendation of using this bath bomb with my partner. Really, with no colour, bubbles, scent or anything, I don't understand why this would be a good pampering bath for a couple. Nothing sexy there! I can imagine my partner, who's a manly man who only uses cheap Radox in his baths asking me with a mocking smile 'You paid 3.35 for this? Hand me the Radox, at least we'll get some bubbles!'

When I finished my bath (which was shorter because I got bored!) my skin was dry and my arms a bit irritated. That's what I get when I use cheap Radox, except then I have bubbles. I'

Overall I think this Tisty tosty is extremely disappointing, it provided me with nothing enjoyable. No colour, no bubbles, no relaxing fragrance, no nourishment, nothing. The bath was boring and drying to my skin. Considering the price, I found this very disappointing. Tisty tosty looks nice but it did nothing for me. A very expensive treat for very little enjoyment. I would not recommend. Unless of course, you are after a very boring yet expensive bath. I would rather use something that produces bubbles and stick some actual rose petals in the bath, that would make for a romantic bath experience ; )

Edit: I added a review of this bath bomb to the lush.co.uk website and it showed 'Thank you, your review was published' but my review is not there! So Lush only publishes the glowing reviews?! Oh, ok, that might explain why some products are so highly rated there and when you try them they are so bland you think you've got the wrong product because there is no way your experience is so different from everyone else's! Not happy with this!

on 1/13/2015 7:39:00 PM

This bath bomb was pretty standard. The smell isn't amazing and it didn't last very long in the bath. Lush claims this should have 7 rose buds in it, I only had like 4 so that was pretty depressing. It did however make the water nice and soft and did leave the actual bathroom smelling nice and clean and slightly floral. However my bath and skin didn't have much of a scent left on it. However I did like the rose buds floating around me and I did like the way the water felt, I would recommend to someone who likes a light floral scented bath bomb.

on 1/6/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i really like the way this bath bomb smells, and it looks cute too. lush claims that each of these bombs contains seven rosebuds, but when i bought one it only had six! tisty tosty is also kind of pricey considering how small it is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I feel bad with all the bad reviews this is getting! For what it is, I like this bath bomb. I just used it today and I appreciate its simplicity, and when coupled with a bath melt, it's very relaxing. The rose scent was perfect for me as I am a lover of all things roses... The other reviewers are correct in saying that this is a very plain product- no fancy colors, tricks, etc. But I think it's beautiful in its simplicity and can definitely make you feel special all the same!

on 5/22/2013 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is meh just boring very plain bathbomb, smell was nothing much, doesn't lather much

on 4/22/2013 10:19:00 AM

Didnt like this at all. Not liking the stuff that came out of it, the smell wasnt nice, left a film on the water and then around the bath. Wouldnt recommend or buy again.

on 9/29/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I haven't taken a bath since I was a child, but I recently read a review of LUSH bath bombs and figured it would be a romantic experience with my husband. I normally don't buy products with synthetic fragrance or color, and Tisty Tosty was pretty much the only bath bomb that didn't have those (though reading over the ingredients again, it does contain perfume). It is expensive though. It is one of the most expensive bath bombs, and it's only half the size of Sex Bomb, for example. We enjoyed the experience though. The floral scent was wonderful and definitely lingers on the skin. I probably wouldn't repurchase for myself. It would make a nice wedding gift and would even look nice displayed in the bathroom. It made my bathroom smell nice while it was still in the package.

on 9/5/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this online because LUSH was having a 50% off sale at the time so I figured what the heck. Anyhow, I previously read reviews on TIsty Toasty and was shocked at so many negative reviews. Maybe I got a bath bomb from heaven because mine was great! It had a nice feminine rose smell to it, although the rose buds are pointless meaning decor only. It left my skin feeling milky soft and lightly perfumed. Not a huge rose fan here, but I did enjoy the smell and the total experience. Next time I want to use it w/my boyfriend ;)

The winner for the worst bath bomb of the year in my opinion. The scent was next to nothing. The fizz was flat. There was no nourishing quality to my bath. Those nasty rose petals that came out of the bomb was like taking dried up potpourri and tossing it into your tub. Even after this lackluster bath I had to clean my tub- as the potpourri clogged my draining tub. I was so eager to drain the tub of this one!

on 5/15/2011 9:59:00 PM

I used this along with the Amandopondo bubble bar, hoping that it would give a strong scent of rose. However, all I got was the soapy smell from the bubble bar. Big disappointment and will not repurchase.

Popular Bath Treatments