July 26, 2014 | 968 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jan Marini - Bioclear

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Using the cream formula on my forehead only to combat fine lines and rosacea and it's been working great. No new bumps ( knock on wood) and I'm super prone to breakouts and I have none. Don't use on my cheeks since I use finacea there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this but the lotion version years ago and then stopped. I started breaking out recently and it was really depressing.. I remember about this so decided to give it a try again but this time the cream version. This seriously saved my skin! Within a month my skin's clear again. This is super greasy compare to the lotion but works better on healing my skin than the lotion. I only use this during bedtime. It also has a plastic smell but it doesn't linger. It comes in a small heavy glass jar with only 1oz of product but a little goes a long way! Price is also steep but you can also find it on amazon less.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Sabromeo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Bioclear lotion and cream and the Factor A+ on-and-off for the last 12 years or so. The products work great for me. Yes, they sting a little when I put it on, and I can only really use it at night, since it makes my skin get really red and burn... but the results are GREAT!!! It takes a couple of weeks for my skin to really glow, and it is totally worth the initial side effects. The packaging is terrible though. The pumps always get clogged and most of the time dont work at all. It is really frustrating since you spend so much on the product and the packaging is so cheap!!!! There are so many toxic chemicals in these products... it can't be good for you. That's why i don't use it long-term.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Sim1theballerina

I'm now on my second bioclear cream after not using it for a while. I use it twice a day, and it takes me about 2 months to use up a single 1 oz. container, and I use the Bioglycolic cleanser twice a day before it and Jan Marini's SPF moisturizer in the morning after it. This stuff is amazing--it keeps my skin clear and has definitely made it much smoother. Marks from pimples disappear twice as quickly, and the blemishes themselves are much more tame. After using it for about a month and a half my skin became virtually perfectly clear (save for the occasional blemish from an all-nighter studying or an extremely social weekend). HOWEVER, the ingredients are absolutely terrible! This contains some of the most toxic, harsh, and carcinogenic chemicals on the market (including the cream's multiple types of parabens), and I have decided to move on from Jan Marini to a more natural regimen (potentially to Laventine). I suspect that my skin will become too dependent on intense glycolic exfoliation and may have become dependent to have the other chemicals in the bioclear cream, so the transition may not be smooth. However if you do any research on the dangerous ingredients in cosmetics, several of the ingredients in this cream top the list, so I would rather switch from Jan Marini to something the FDA might not outlaw in the next decade. Nevertheless, I HIGHLY recommend this cream if you are suffering from moderate acne (like I once was) and have been unable to find anything that actually works.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

OK. So I have used both the lotion and the cream. They both work, and work incredibly well for me. I would say the lotion works slightly better than the cream, but, and that is a BIG but, it burned the bejeezus out of my skin. I would just look really red. It didnt hurt too much, after the initial sting, and really did shrink the offending spot or cluster of spots. I did however get really frustrated with having angry red blotches for a couple days after I applied the lotion.

I decided to switch to the cream, which is obviously milder, but I have found that even though I have an oily t-zone it works really well on my skin and I am very happy with the results and no red angry face anymore.

Both work very well, but if you have slightly sensitive ski then I would definitely opt for the cream, even if you have skin that is more oily than normal or dry :) I have been very happy with the results and it has really helped completely clear my adult acne (in combination with the bioglycolic cleanser)

UPDATE (22/06/2012): I am now nearing the end of my little tub of my Bioclear cream and I am really impressed. With consistent use my skin is now really smooth,soft and more imporatantly acne free. I have had ONE spot in the past two months which when I compare it to this time last year when I had spots all over my chin and jaw line essentially I am over the moon. I use my Bioglycolic cleanser, twice a day, every day too as I do with the Bioclear cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by clarefromcali99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really think this product is working for my adult acne-prone skin. It's noticeably helping to flatten those hideous bumps that I got from using that darn Aveno SPF30 tinted moisturizer. But I must admit, this Bioclear lotion didn't work didley for the first 2~3 weeks. But after the 3rd week mark, I started noticing slight improvements. Now, about 5 or so weeks into using this, I'm seeing much smoother skin, lighter complexion, and, as my mom would say, a really "juicy" and fresh overall complexion. Haha. I think the key, for me, was to apply a full pump on each cheek of my face and a half drop on the forehead and T-Zone. Hence, about 2~3 full-sized pumps. Seriously, just dabbing it on faintly didn't work at all. Even though my skin is really sensitive, applying lots of this lotion didn't really sting that much. So, in conclusion, I'd say that this lotion is working great, much better than any of the high-end Salicylic Peels that I had been getting (for a whopping $100 per peel). I really hope to see nothing but great improvements with this lotion. Fingers crossed, girls..

*****3/19/12 update: Changing from 4 stars to 3 stars. The amazing product turned out to be not that great. I'll continue using it, but I don't see it working as great as it did during my first few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by bamboulaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the Bioclear cream since my cheeks can get dried out easily. Even though I have an oily t-zone, this cream still felt great all over my face and did not feel heavy or greasy. It makes my skin feel so soft and it has done wonders on my cystic acne. I use this with the bioglycolic cleanser, Factor-A plus cream, and the 10% peroxide. I added the last two recently just to take care of any occasional zits since my acne is pretty severe. I did however start off only using the cleanser and this bioclear cream and even those two alone did wonders on my skin! It did break me out for the first couple weeks (which is a good thing because it is pushing out the buildup in pores) but even through the breakouts, I did notice that the zits healed much much faster than usual and these products had a soothing effect on them. After the initial breakout went away, I no longer experienced breakouts! It even controlled hormonal breakouts, which I have always struggled with. I did have an occasional zit here and there, which is why I use the Factor-A and peroxide and those two products have really cleared up my skin and helped speed up the healing of scars. Here are a couple things to keep in mind:

-Give this product time. It might initially break you out but it is just doing its job by clearing out your pores. Try to tough it out. I would say that I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin after about 2 months of proper use of this cream and cleanser.
-Be cautious when buying this on places like Amazon. After my first order of this cream and the cleanser ran out, I was too cheap to buy them again at full price, so I bought them on Amazon. I noticed that the smell and consistency of the cream was different but I thought that maybe it had something to do with the hot weather during shipping. I noticed that during the couple months of usage, my skin started to look worse and worse. I sat down and compared my old jar with the new one from Amazon and I noticed a couple TINY differences in the packaging (like the missing trademark sign and there was no expiration date on the new jar). Knockoffs can be tricky! Be careful..I would at least recommend to buy the first one directly from the jan marini site just to use as a comparison for future purchases.
This is a great cream that has ended my hunt for the perfect acne fighting product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by WalkingOnADream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This product cleared up my chest acne in 1 month. I use it 4 nights a week on my chest and neck. It's amazing. It does tingle!!!

I also use it on my face 3 times a week with Obagi 15% C Serum. My skin is flawless. I love this product and will continue to purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing amazing stuff...
Its pretty strong stuff - and bearing in mind your skin gets used to anything you use all the time I tend to just use it whenever my skin isn't behaving itself & gets congested around the jaw/ chin area - so it has definitely helped with mild acne & also some pigmentation issues while also smoothing out skin tone, shrinking pores & helps fight wrinkles!
Its expensive but worth it - its one of the few products I've used where you really can see a clear benefit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to Bioclear nearly 10 years ago and it has changed my skin condition!! Bioclear has turned my skin around and it's an amazing product.

I was acne prone, my pores clogs very easily with comedones & I used to get facials every couple of weeks just to get decongested. One aesthetician changed my life by introducing me to Jan Marini products and I have not looked back since!

I barely get any acne (only 1 or 2 during my period), my complexion is clearer and brighter. I also DON'T need to get facials anymore :)

Jan Marini Bioclear is super awesome!! I hope Jan Marini never EVERR change the formula for Bioclear since this has been the sure thing for me for nearly a decade.

I use this in conjunction with Jan Marini bioglycolic acid cleanser and Factor A+ mask and serum.