October 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Concealers - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless finish concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: Everything I said about this before is still true, but I realized even the lightest color is too yellow for me. When I looked at myself outside in the sun, there were yellow dots all over my chin! Like I said though, the texture is unbeatable.

I really like this concealer for my blemishes. After using concealers from Lancome and Dior for years and not being completely satisfied, I turned to Elizabeth Arden as a last resort. I can't believe I looked here last!

I don't use this for under my eyes (I'm guessing it wouldn't work very well). But for blemishes and little scars left over from pimples, this is wonderful. Lancome and Dior concealers were really greasy on my skin and they slid off my blemishes after a few hours. Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish Concealer applies really matte and doesn't budge all day; it almost seems like it goes on as liquid then dries into powder.

Anyway, it gives great coverage and stays on really well. The heavy but dry texture is perfect for those with oily skin like me. I have really pale neutral skin and the shade I got was the 01 Ivory (a little darker than I wanted but better than other brands).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I barely have lines under my eyes, and yet this accentuates them a lot. I dont' want to even think about how bad it would look on someone with a lot of wrinkles. Despite being a nice thick, creamy consistency, it really doesn't conceal much at all, especially under-eye circles. For such a thick concealer it really should do a lot more. My mac moisturecover is a lot thinner and yet conceals SO much more than this. Don't bother with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by paigeallison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had just bought this recently on pre-sale, I've been so excited to pick it up!
I previously was using E.L.F. concealer - I needed something cheap to get me by.
And then I got sucked into the deals at EA.
Normally I have troubled skin with slight blackheads and whiteheads, a cyst or two here and there.
But recently my skin's been calming down. There are slight acne scars from the cysts and I have lots of redness around my nose as well as dark, very dark under eye circles.

My saleswoman at EA helped me pick the perfect shade, medium (and I was surprised with that choice because I have pretty fair skin). It looked like I have perfect skin! Everyone I saw today told me I've never looked better, and that my complexion was absolutely glowing.

I must say, I was a little scared of the purchase because the concealer in the container seems pretty liquid-y and I assumed it would have bad coverage, but I was wrong and shocked, great coverage!

I do want to invest in their other concealer that is thicker, too, for those heavy breakouts, since this one is perfect!

EDIT: (Aug 2012) It's been a while since I used this product but I did have to change this review. Unfortunately after some time, this concealer starts to gray and although the coverage remains, the color is not accurate. Many people kept telling me how dull my skin looked after using it for a while and once I figured out it was my concealer and not my foundation or powder, I quickly switched.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many concealers and this one works really well for me. It looks almost yellow in the tube, but applies easily and blends surprisingly well into my pinkish skin. I use it on my dark circles and a little goes a very long way. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by bella4462

I love this product! I have tried many concealers from h/e to d/s with major disappointments! But, this one is by far the best I found. In my case, I MUST wear under eye concealer daily due to my dark under eye circles caused by heredity. I have great skin otherwise and if it weren't for the darn circles I wouldn't need any makeup at all! I found that there is a technique needed to get the best results. First, apply a good under eye cream and let it soak in for about 2 minutes. Second, apply SMALL dots of the concealer along the under eye circle. Third, blend w/ a concealer brush. I find that eventhough this is a liquid concealer, it does tend to dry quickly and has the potential to cake. Use sparingly and the best part of this is that it does the job the first time, no need to apply layers! This product will always be in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by star7395

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a bit unsure if elizabeth arden's concealor shades would match my skin tone, but i purchased it online in 04 (deep) to match my foundation, and it blends so well. I can actually put on more than necessary and the color still looks natural. I was actually using l'oreal true match in N678 that had an applicator like a paint brush and it was very messy. Elizabeth Arden is the best, i will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Medium. Comes in a tube with a wand. Great coverage but color doesn't work for me. Medium color was a tad bit too ashy/white than I like. I think I'm going to give the Cliniqe All About Eyes a try in Light Golden, even though it is a tad bit too yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

I've been wearing this concealer for about a week now and overall I'm liking it a lot. I have several broken capillaries and some old acne scars on my chin and I'm always on the lookout for something to cover them and keep them covered. Most others concealers simply wear/wipe off my chin by midday. I was going to buy a ColorStay concealer but wasn't overly impressed with the colour selection so the SA at SDM suggested this. I have Medium and its more of a yellow base (as opposed to pink or orange, which most concealers are), which I really like. It's opaque without being cakey-looking and blends well so it doesn't look like I'm wearing concealer. I don't wear it under my eyes, so I can't comment on how well it works as an undereye concealer, but I am quite happy with its staying power elsewhere on my face. It retails for $23 CAD for a tube with a doe foot applicator. If the tube lasts for a reasonable amount of time and if the coverage remains good, I will repurchase.

UPDATE: Love the colour and the initial "flawless finish", but the satying power is not so great. I like this with my EL Double Wear as it's not as masky as DW concealer. As long as I wear Double Wear, I'll use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this concealer and I didn't like it, it didn't sink into my skin and didn't blend well. Love the packaging and the price is very reasonable but the product itself didn't do much for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. It doesn't do a thing for dark circles or spots. The color selection is terribly limited and the product just doesn't work. It gives the skin some pigment but no cover. Terrible. On the good side, it doesn't sink into lines and has a good price; but this is irrelevant considering the bad quality of whats inside the tube. I bought this first in the maximum coverage version, and it covered nothing. Then I changed it for the liquid... worst. Don't waste your money on this. I guess I'm back to Mac now, until I buy another brand next month.