Maybelline EverFresh Compact in Translucent Fair

3.7

on 1/5/2008 8:01:00 AM

I am reviewing the compact powder that is sold in Europe- which comes in a compact with translucent plastic cover- without the mirror. If I'm not mistaken- this is the only Maybelline compact powder that is sold here in Europe. This powder is of poor quality- but at least- it is very cheap. Its texture is kind of rough, not finely milled at all. I used it some years ago when my skin was still very oily and it mattified quite well- but it made my skin uncomfortable. I could feel it on my skin- and that feeling wasn't good at all- similar to the the way you feel when wearing a cheap poliester sweater on your bare skin. Also- it didn't cover my pores at all.

on 10/25/2007 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i don have this product in translucent fair probably because they don sell it here in my country. i have the expert loose powder. the color is too light for my skin and makes me look white. it sets up make up and yes, it keeps the shine at bay. however, it does not last long either.

on 9/25/2004 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's compact and easy to carry around but its not for my skin. It seems to wear off easily. I don't recommend it for sensitive and acne prone skin.

Love this powder. The puff sucks so you might want to get your own. The cosmetic companies keep putting cheap powder puffs in their products. Bad trend!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 8/16/2004 6:14:00 AM

For the price, it's an OK powder. The texture is a little rough and doesn't look all that natural. (I changed to EL Double Matte which is much better)

This powder is not sheer at all. I have to use it very lightly or I'll look like I have a mask of powder on.
This is good if you need extra coverage.
I love that it's a slim compact.Easy to take along.

on 5/20/2004 10:09:00 PM

Although this powder is a little too heavy to wear over foundation, if you want the look of pretty skin without layers of makeup, this product is for you. It is finely milled, looks very sheer, but provides enough coverage to even out your skin and make it glow. Stays on for hours... even through a tough gym work-out. Highly recommended!

on 1/3/2004 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i loved this! it matched my pale pale skin, it blended nicely, soaked up most oil, and it covered nicely. the pad get yucki quickly though, so i clean it about once a week

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I usually have a hard time with compact foundation powder it usually drys my skin but i seen this and i thought i would try it and i love it i found something new goes on smoothe and covers welland blends nice i usually have a hard time blending liquid foundation