July 31, 2014 | 1872 users online

Lip Gloss - Laura Mercier - Violet Glace

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by janetsue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolute favorite lip product & color of all time! Have tried all the other colors of glace, and nothing can compare to this lightly shimmery, palest plum/mauve color. Natural, lasting, kissable lips. I always ask for a tube for Christmas so I'll never be without at work, purse, or home!
Love love love Laura Mercier lip glace but this color is head and shoulders above the rest.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by audge723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Violet is a beautiful lipgloss. Doesn't really come out violet though. It's more pinkish. I have so many lipglosses but this is a little unique and I love the texture of Laura mercier glosses. Highly recommend this one

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have bought this product twice and I will tell you why. It is a very light soft pink with a touch of peach color. Don't expect to get any purple color out of this. You don't need to but adding some lip liner would bring out the color more. I literally bought a handful of LM glosses cause I was so pleased with some if them. $22 is a bit pricey for lip gloss. If you are looking for a violet color try their sugar violet. But if this is the color you like my next suggestion would be to try their gloss in blush. This has more color to it and by that I mean a berry pink that isn't quite neutral but isn't overbearing. The application is okay, nothing special with a cap that has a sponge applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by kohan836

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a colour I typically would choose for myself, but I had a makeover at the LM counter in Selfridges and the artist used this colour on me, and ever since it's been a staple of mine. It's not violet at all, more of a medium dusky mauve pink. Although I have dozens of glosses this is the one I reach for on most workdays. I'm MAC NC30, half Asian half European, and on me this is a MLBB colour - it adds just enough shine without being over the top for the office, and just enough colour to brighten my face without being too obvious. For my makeover the artist paired this with a bright turquoise blue shadow (mineral shadow in Lagoon) but I find it works equally well with more low key looks as well. I'm impressed with the formula, I hate sticky glosses but this is just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm new to LM products but I was really impressed with this gloss and the surprise of this color especially. It's listed as Violet, but it's a VERY misleading label. I wouldn't put this in with the purple family at all. It does have a mauve color to it, but I'd say it leans more toward a muted pink..maybe mauve-pink? This is also misleading when you see it in the store and in its package. I decided to try it and its the perfect daytime color. Doesn't make a color statement, but looks polished. Love the way it feels, thicker than usual gloss formulas, but not heavy. Nice soft sugary scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

Beautiful color. In the tube, the color is purplish and is something I would not have even given a look at. But the lady at the counter said it would be a good color for me so I tried it. It is actually a nice color pink, more of a cool pink than a warm pink. Looks great with LM Topaz eye shadow and coffee ground eye shadow which I use. Don't be fooled by the color of the tube, at least try it on and you'll see it is a very sheer, flattering color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by shellpox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lip gloss is like a lost love that I can't get over...I buy new colors of gloss, cheap and expensive, and yet none compares to Violet. Gorgeous color and shine, shimmery, not scary purple like it appears in the tube. Wonderful! Do not hesitate to buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first got the duo which looked wonderful. I loved it so much I decided to repurchase it again and bought several other LM glace, and a lip liner in plumberry (all bought recently) The violet duo looked great on me for the first couple uses. But then I was like, hmm this isn't that much of a big deal I had made it out to be. The duo has a bonus with the shimmer. I wanted to buy a lipliner that went along with it and I tried christian dior automatic liners (i hate pencils) but I settled with plumberry Laura Mercier which looks great with the violet. After purchasing it twice, I can see how people would like it but I sat there and looked at myself and thought there was nothing too special about this color. I loved it in the begining! (this is in a span of a month mind you). So i may buy it again but the quality doesn't seem different than that of the drugstore lip glosses besides the duo because you have the luxury of having a HE shimmer along with the violet to enhance your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Lovethemlashes

This would by stashed in my "Glosses I can't be without" bag set to go incase there ever was a fire! I LOVE this gloss! it is so gorgeous, its genious! So it looks dark and a bit intimidating on the outside, like a color that just would not flatter..but boy does it! This is a classic.."dont judge a gloss by its tube" type of deal. It is a LIGHT violet color that gives your lips the nicest sheen and makes like light up from a mile away! It does not have a funny smell, is gorgeous, can be worn alone or you with a nude gloss to give you the ultimate look! It has shimmer but not to the point where its over the top. I will probably buy 5 more of these incase they ever discontinue them. I would suggest everyone to try this, because it's one of those that just totally transforms when put on your lips. A definite winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by anner57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would never have chosen this color if I hadn't tried it on in the store, but it's the most beautiful lip gloss I own--it looks purple in the tube but goes on as a lovely mauve. I'm sensitive to smell, but I love the smell of this gloss, it reminds me of marshmallows. I could wear this every day.