July 25, 2014 | 1096 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Pair of Shades Duo in Spring Wedding

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually LOVE Clinique eye shadows, but this one is a dead bust. I TRIED to make it work. It doesn`t and here is why.

NO COLOUR!!!! I`m pale to begin with, I am a natural redhead, with the transparent pale skin, redness and freckles that go with that, so my usual problem is too MUCH colour payoff. This shadow duo hardly showed up except for an unacceptable amount of shimmer.

What shadow did stick to my skin was patchy, it stuck in patches leaving an odd look, refusing to blend out. This is so weird because I`ve owned a lot of Clinique shadows (Butter Pecan, Double Date, Mink, Champagne shimmer) and love them. They normally cover well, don`t crease, feel smooth and buttery rich, blend like a dream and don`t irritate. The only good thing about this duo is that it didn`t irritate my skin.

Green especially this golden green is ALWAYS good on me, but not this time. Perhaps because it didn`t show up much at all.

Coverage was poor, my red rimmed eyelids shone thru in all the bits where the shadow didn`t stick or blend out.

I`m back to finding a twin for my now discontinued Sage duo by Estee Lauder and I was so hopeful because this looked like a perfect match, but performance wise just didn`t work out. Unfortunately I kept it too long to take it back, trying again and again to make it work. Green Sapphire by Rimmel is too much colour and shimmer, and my next attempt will be a Maybelline product before I give in to Estee Lauder`s Khaki duo which will probably be my best bet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I wouldn't call this a pair of greens at all. Based on the pictures on Clinique's site and other reviews, I had expected a mint green and an olive green. What I got was a green-tinted beige and a green-tinted brown. This was not what I was looking for at all, but it may be a good buy for those who wear neutrals only who are looking for very subtle color.

I do like the packaging of Clinique eyeshadows in general... they come with a mirror and a double-ended applicator with the usual sponge on one end, but an actual brush on the other. The bottom of the package is color-coded to indicate both of the shades. They look beige and brown to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by justlooking9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks and wanted something new for my eyes. I have trouble taking all the kids with me to the makeup counter so I decided to take a gamble with something online. I ordered this color because greens are new to me (I'm all purples and browns) and I have green eyes - besides its called spring wedding and I am going to a spring wedding - isn't that reason enough? These are very soft and do not scream GREEN eyeshadow. I like the hint of shimmer and how neutral they are. Paired with clinique's shy brown eyeliner a very soft look and enhances my eyes. I like that they are not the most pigmented of shadows because I do not wear eye makeup regularly and would rather layer. I gave it a 4 because I think $17.50 is a lot to pay for shadows I am rarely going to use. But they are pretty, nice quality, and the packaging is lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at a CCO for $12.75 a few weeks back and tried it this morning for work.

I have to say I am not a green person. I almost never pick green e/s, usually blue, purple or neutrals. However, I swatched the tester and decided to venture out of my usual colours and try this instead. Being a novice at using green e/s, I have to say this is a complementary pair of greens that is subtle and perfect for creating a soft look for work! The powder is soft and somewhat pigmented, though I have to layer on the yellow green at least twice.

Lasting power is good, the colours still looks as good as in the morning, even at 6pm, just v slight fading, though I am not sure if this is due to the e/s, as I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base/primer.

I will recommend this pdt, though I understand that this is being discontinued... which is a pity, cuz this is a great colour for newcomers venturing into green shades.

Edit... I've taken one lippie off, as I tried this without TFSI and it didn't stay beyond teatime on my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by princess_jess73

I love this duo and just swapped for it again. Surprised it got such low ratings. On my NW20 skin, the soft yellow green is an excellent highligher while the olivey green shade brings out green gold flecks in my brown eyes. I can't wait to use this again after my swapper gets her end. I don't think this is available anymore but would gladly purchase it if it were. Reminds me of a cross between nars earth angel and star sailor plus it is a better buy at the price when compaired with NARS. I love the pigmentation and have had no difficulty with it in the past. This time I will use with a base though. My husband used to call this "butter" on my skin and he never comments on my makeup!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Nice neutral duo. Love the yellow-green highlighter, which goes well with other browns and greens. Pairs well with seagreens and purples too. As said in the review below, it enhances the gold flecks in (my bluegreen) eyes. The darker kaki color is a bit blah, not much pigment in it. For a nudy (not made up) look this is perfect though. Won't repurchase since the favourite light shade will last me forever, and I only purchased because the price was really good.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by palomino_jones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This would have looked quite nifty on my blue-green eyes, but there's no pigment. I got tired of layering and layering, which only made it too shimmery and strange looking. The pale color is super for eyes with gold flecks in them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2005 12:43:00 PM More reviews by tgparks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A pretty duo that was a fav. to wear to work when I was with Clinique. It has a pale yellowy-goldish green and a olive green. A really pretty combo for someone who likes neutrals but wants to branch out a bit more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 5:56:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This just looks weird on me. Didn't flatter me at all. You may have better luck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2003 6:46:00 AM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Olive pale green comb. Colors showed up well on my skin but I dont like the shimmer in it. staying power is amazing as always with clinique e/s.