New York Color Pressed Face Powder

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methyparaben, Ethylparaben, Proplyparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/1/2014 11:42:00 PM

Everyone seems to have great results with this product. I can't say the same. to be honest, it does some OK coverage when it comes to blemishes and such, doesn't really last though. my skin seems to absorb it (which isn't a pleasing thought) rather than be affected positively by it. Not my fave, and won't be repurchasing. I find it purposeless in my case, however I would recommend it to people with oily skin and lighter skin tones. I'm basically yellow (warm toned) and this product doesn't really help. you get what you pay for in packaging, you can't have your cake and eat it too. (no pun intended lol)

on 11/11/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The translucent powder is just as good as a powder you would get at Sephora. I put mine over with a fluffy brush to set my foundation in place and it lasts throughout the day without caking up or leaving a weird residue. I have hit pan on mine and always grab for it when I want a quick touch up without adding more color to my skin.
Cheap, comparable to high end brands, and does it's job. I will be repurchasing.

I really wanted to love this powder because I love NYC brand, but sadly I was very disappointed. The powder itself was actually really nice when you first put it on with a big brush, but throughout the day it seemed to look very cakey when I would reapply. Not only that but the applicator is this flimsy, little thing that barely does anything and the powder didn't even last long at all - it kept falling out in chunks before I even had a chance to really use it. Luckily it wasn't expensive so didn't feel like I wasted alot of money, but I guess you get what you pay for. I personally would never buy this again but I still love the brand.

on 6/20/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

On the eve of my switching to liquid foundations from BB creams (this was back in 2011, 2012) I figured that I needed to set the foundation with a powder and I decided to give this one a try. Warning: the powder will give you a white cast if you pat it on with the puff in the compact -- I would remedy this with buffing it in with a flat-top brush. All was well. (Except maybe in photos. Hello ghost face!)

Until... a few days later from my initial use I had an aggressive amount of zits ALL over my face. ZITS, EVERYWHERE. Sure I had the occasional time-of-month hormone pimple (specifically on my forehead, though) but dear god, it's like this powder activated my adult acne cycle. It gave me a whelping of cystic acne: the worst kind that you don't want to bother with--ever.

My skin type is sensitive, dry/normal, and I've never been prone to acne before... but after experimenting with this and a combination of another low-end drugstore bronzer from e.l.f., I think I'll be sticking to products I know won't attack me with comedones, blackheads, and pimples. Ugh.

on 2/12/2014 7:44:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING. Get the translucent shade and press it on with a velour puff over your foundation. It mattes the skin and looks UTTERLY natural. This isn't just a great product for the price, it's a great product, period. The kind of quality you rarely find in a drugstore powder. Perfect for touch-ups. Only downside is staying power, but like I said, just throw it in your purse and touch up when needed. You can touch up over and over, and it'll never looks caked on or unnatural. It looks like your skin but better, and isn't that all we want?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The color selection is horrible, so I picked one up way lighter than my normal shade. It's dusty and chalky and is not good for people with dry skin. It kinda looks cakey. I would recommend it to people with really light skin tones.

This product is perfect. I usually don't like foundation because they are too oily and look horrible on my face this product is great to put on after a bronzer to give a nice finish and over top of concealer it gives a nice silky powdery finish.

on 10/18/2012 6:29:00 PM

Not very good as it made me look patchy and orange.
Just isn't a good product which is a shame.
Only purchased this as I loved the NYC mineral powder.
It can't be the way I applied it as I used the flat sponge it came with AND my own make up brush on 2 separate occasions.
will not repurchase.

on 3/15/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Believe it or not, this is actually quite impressive for a cheapie powder. I've purchased it on and off over the years inbetween powder selections, or when I've needed something in a pinch. It does not break me out, and looks pretty natural on. The only complaint I would have is the limited color selection, but otherwise great buy!

on 10/16/2011 4:51:00 AM

You get what you pay for with this powder. It doesn't do much for shine & after a couple hours my face is a cakey mess. I was shopping earlier when I passed a mirror & to my horror, my face was covered in whitish splotches & from where this powder had literally CLUMPED UP on my skin. I used to like this powder for some reason but not any more. Back to Maybelline for me!

Recommended for Normal Skin