Maybelline Wet Shine- Gold Beam

Price: $

on 6/27/2008 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm a cool toned LLL, and this is really the only gold that I can wear. I LOVE this color. I think it's probably discontinued? I bought it a few years ago. It's a semi-metallic sort of creme (in the middle) with no sparkle or shimmer, it fits this color perfectly. I only gave it 4 lippies because I've noticed that sometimes Maybelline polishes are hard to open. Read on for a picture with no flash, but kind of washed out from the sun.

continued >>

on 2/1/2004 2:36:00 AM

Wears well, nice n' shiny, and I agree with the other reviewer that it's a neutral gold. I almost want to say that I detect a little too much of a taupe undertone, but not enough where that it makes my medium olive skin look ashy. Pretty, fairly subtle shade.

on 3/8/2003 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Surprisingly long lasting!

I bought this in gold beam which is a nice medium 'neutral' - "not too warm not too cool" gold. I always have problems with golds - they're either too brassy or too yellow or dark/bronze for me (I'm a LLL) but I was very happily surprised this is the *right* amount of true gold.

Initially I was disappointed because it seemed to go on 'thin' and took longer than I'm accustomed to for drying (I must say my HG is OPI) but once it dries it STAYS there. I'll tell you, for a week AND a half now I've been super-lazy, not giving myself a manicure - not even 'touching up' top coat - nothing - yet Maybelline's Wet Shine hasn't chipped or flaked or rubbed off (and I didn't use top coat!) This is... unheard of... especially in light of how I bang around and murder my hands during the week.

Great color and great staying power. Very pleased! continued >>