April 21, 2014 | 994 users online

Treatments - Carley's Clear & Smooth - Skin Treatment - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by fairlyblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Carley's bar soap and their formula for teenage acne, which I believe is the industrial strength bottle. After 3 years, I will continue to buy from this company. They have fast delivery, excellent products that really work, and give you TONS of samples along with your purchase. The bar soap is my favorite. I put it on a washcloth and wash my face. Everyone notices how "smooth" and clear my face looks. Also, I've noticed a lot smaller pores, tighter skin, and less oiliness. I use the teen scrub every morning in the shower, and I love it as an exfoliator and as a general acne treatment. Together, they have helped my face so much. I'm so much less oily, my skin appears brighter and tighter, and the website for carley's is super helpful. Because I've had such success with less acne, I've also bought their moisturizer, chap sticks, masques, and lotions. Carley's is a fantastic brand. I still get cystic acne because that's hormonal, I notice that both the bar and the scrub help them shrink and eventually disappear. Thank you Carley's for such awesome products, great customer service, fast delivery, and samples of some of your other fantastic products!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by missmarcella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I'm not kidding this is the best thing I've ever used. I bought it back in November when I was breaking out worse than I ever had before (which still wasn't even that bad, I'm kind of a princess about this stuff). It lasted me for three or four months which is really, really great. I used it both by itself and with the Clarisonic Mia. Both worked great to make my skin look wonderful. ***It took a few weeks to start working*** so wait like a month and if it still doesnt work send it back. Anyway, I stopped using it for a while because I'm lazy and it took longer than 30 seconds to use, and as a general rule, I don't like grainy things. However, I'm going to buy it again because my skin looked and felt its best when I was using this. The reason I gave it a 3 on price isn't because its too expensive or anything, but because when I first bought it, it was 19.99 and now its 22.99. Like what?!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sner78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product religiously for over 6 years. I found it to be the only thing that worked for my troubled skin. The scrub had natural ingredients which is important to me and I felt my skin was clean and clear when I finished the routine. It's true that it takes a few weeks for your skin to balance out to the new kids on the skin block but once they do you won't regret the bad days at all. The only comment it to make sure you rinse really really well. I bleached more than one towel after not completely getting everything off my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by danirey1

I have used these products for 5 years now. I had terrible skin prior to using it. It completely cleared my skin up. It took time. I experienced breakouts when I first began it. Once it started working I wad hooked. I get compliments on my skin all the time. I have been asked if I use botox or chemical peels. The lotions and the soap are amazing. I highly recommend these products. Remember to give it time.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product before finding my current regimen, and it didn't work for me at all. I found the scrub to be far too irritating for my skin - it just broke me out more. I wanted to believe in it so much, but that wasn't enough. I have sensitive skin that will break out a lot unless I'm very diligent with my current regimen, and using this scrub made my skin look terrible. For me (and I think most people) I would have been better off using a gentle cleanser (NO ground up seeds/nut shells/etc.) followed by 2% benzoyl peroxide as a treatment all over the face. Putting benzoyl peroxide in a product that you wash off right away is useless - you're washing that active ingredient down the drain. Now I use salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as topical treatments all over my face after washing with a gentle cleanser, and my skin looks great. If you really want a scrub, use a washcloth.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ktpeluso

I have been using Carley's Clear and Smooth cleanser and bar soap for about 3 weeks now and my skin is clearing up quite nicely. The first two weeks were awful, not going to lie, and I broke out like CRAZY. In the midst of my first two weeks, freaking out, I bought MyChelle Vitamin A+ Serum and I've been using that nightly for about a week. My skin looks dramatically better! Also, Origins spot treatment is excellent and I obtained a sample of this from Sephora and used it during the two week hell hahah. Soo week 3 and I'm only excited to see what the next few weeks will bring! Highly, highly recommend Carley's (use as directed, although I didn't need washcloth) and MyChelle Vitamin A+, just be patient!
UPDATE: It's been almost 4 weeks and I stupidly started using MUFE liquid HD foundation and I have two large cystic-like pimples on my chin and now I don't know if it is from Carley's or the makeup. I am going back to neutrogena skin clearing (my staple) and let you know what next week brings, if I'm still breaking out, I'm done with Carley's.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by tommya62

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is the worst thing that I ever tried, the soap completely clogged my pores and cuased more pimples! You are cuasing more pimples from clogged pores and the scrub does nothing to clear them up, my face looked so terrible that people were asking "What happened to your face"? "Thats a shame" They would say, I missed a very important meeting at work becuase my self esteem was diminished to zero by my appearence due to this terrible product. Please don't try this stuff!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by michhx

I ordered this on Saturday and I received it Wednesday (their shipping always takes 2-3 days, but they don't process orders on weekends unfortunately). I was not patient at all and I literally squealed when my mom gave me the box of Carley's products! When I opened the box, the packaging looked great and I was extremely pleased to see samples of TEN of their 21 products!!!! They have amazing customer service too; there's a no time limit satisfaction guarantee on their products and all my emails were answered the same day I sent them. I spent $62 on four products - the daytime moisturizer for acne prone skin, the tamanu cream, the elder flower mask for acne prone skin, and the industrial strength acne formula for teens. After reading the directions, I did it word for word and my shower took 30 minutes :/. But I did use the kick-start regimen and I also have body acne so that's probably why it took so long. You get a free bar of soap with almost every product you buy so I got four bars and I LOVE THEM. They don't smell and they're super healthy and feel great! Plus they are ginormous. I used it on my hair but I'm not sure if it was successful as a shampoo and conditioner. The acne treatment felt great and it worked REALLY WELL after only one night! My pimples have dramatically reduced in size. :) The moisturizer is amazinggg - it's so easy to glide on and I feel like I'm getting a spa treatment because it's so moisturizing! Although, it does smell a little too strongly. The lip balm (one of my samples) is INCREDIBLY moisturizing, but I don't really enjoy the tangerine scent. I'll keep updating every week on my progress, but so far I LOVE Carley's!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by danceteammom

If you have acne, or just want great looking skin, try this! My teen daughter uses it, and barely has a breakout now. I use it, and it makes my skin look great! It smells great and is all natural. I hope they never stop making it. Oh, and the acne prone moisturizer is wonderful. Try it and you'll be on here writing your own review!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ArmyBrat

I am 35 & I have slightly oily skin, but not oily enough that i need powder over my liquid foundation. Every month around "that time" I always get 1 or 2 good size pimples, other than that, I tend to get blackheads on the nose/chin area & a few whiteheads here & there. None of it's a huge problem, but of course, I wish they were nonexistent. So, I seen CARLY's on EBAY, read the feedback & the guarantee & thought WHY NOT? I have just been using CARLY's Original Clear & Smooth (along with CARLY's NATURAL SOAP) for 2 days now & have followed the directions exactly. I can say that my face feels wonderful & my pore size/blackheads on my nose & chin area have already decreased. Don't get me wrong, I can still see them when I get close to the mirror, but after only 2 days they are smaller! I'm not giving CARLY's a 5 lippie rating bc it's been only 2 days so it's too early to jump to conclusions. Plus, the $8 shipping is about $3.00-$4.00 higher than it should be. But in the long run, if it works, I will pay the shipping with a smile. I will update as time goes on.
***UPDATE 7/25/2010***
I have been using CARLY'S for about 10 days now & my pores/blackheads on my nose & chin have DRASTICALLY decreased. Before using this product, the pores in the area between my cheeks & nose were getting larger. Not blackheads, but just large pores. In only 10 days, those pores are already smaller.
My son, who is 13 also uses this product. He doesn't get hardly any pimples, maybe 1 or 2 a month, but he does tend to get blackheads on his nose. This has helped his blackheads as well.
So far, this product is working well on our problem areas. It's no miracle "do it all in 1 day" product, but what is?
Also, I am IN LOVE w/ the soap he sends!! It it so fresh & clean smelling & feeling! Not drying, not greasy...perfectly balanced! My son, who, like most teenage boys could care less about these things, even said "Mom, get some more of this soap...I love it!" Also, the soap lasts FOREVER! Both of us have used it to wash our faces (2 times a day each) for 10 days now & about 80% of the soap is still left!
***NOTE*** If you have been using very strong acne products then you start using CARLY's, then YES, your skin is probably going to get worse before it gets better. Here's why: When you use extra strong products for acne, they dry your face out & strip the oils. This makes your oil glands go into overdrive & produce more oil to go toward the surface. As this pattern goes on, more & more oil is being produced and then one day you stop using the strong acne medications & you start using CARLY's which, unlike the acne medications you've been using, it is Ph Balanced & contains oils (good oils). These oils from the product are now going down into your skin while your oil glands have been producing large quantities of oil & sending it up to the surface. So, now you have oil going into your skin, oil coming out of your skin and the 2 are mixing together, causing chaos, making your face break out. BUT, before too long, your oil glands gets the message, "Hey, we can stop working so hard! The skin is no longer overly-dry." So, oil-gland production goes back to normal & pretty soon your skin is pH balanced. The time it takes to get to this stage varies from person to person. The longer you've been using the strong acne medications, the longer it will probably take for you to reach this stage.***For the record, I am not a dermatologist, but I am a graduate of cosmetology school. I have studied skin & I am licensed to provide services such as facials, facial massage & cosmetic applications.