July 25, 2014 | 1811 users online

Foundations - Clinique - Continuous Coverage

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Orlakindlon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After the second time wearing this foundation I woke up to the worst allergic reaction I have ever had! My face was like a balloon and there was a rash all over it. And just to make sure it was this product that broke me out I tried it again and the same thing happened. I have dry skin so I like a dewy finish but this foundation was over dewy so you have to set it with powder which makes it cakey. I regret buying this product so much and it costs a steep €30. Defiantly would not recommend for anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lcarr7uk

Amazing. As good as double wear (long lasting & heavy coverage) but gives you a radiant dewy look instead and looks great for photos as the light bounces back and makes you look flawless. I have an oily tzone and dry cheeks and it can with hold a long day at work before i get an oily tzone! gives me great confidence as its hides all my flaws but isnt cakey or heavy on the skin. Some find it hard to blend but if you use damp fingertips its so smooth! A little goes a long way aswell so the price is totally justified. The only con i can think of is that they dont do a matte version that is this good! LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by divagrrl80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmm.I don't think it's AMAZING, but I am glad I bought it. It's great for photos, for one.
I'm very pale and the lightest shade is not a perfect match, but close enough.
It doesn't break me out and it washes off very easily, even though it's full coverage.
A little goes a long way!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm so upset I can't find my receipt for this. =(

Pros-
- I like the tube

Cons -
- Palest color is too dark
- Kinda like trying to slather cement on your face, it doesn't glide
- It doesn't cover better than my MAC Studio Fix
- After about 5 hours, I'm an oily mess....and let me tell you. Thick makeup on top of oily skin....it looks so gross. My face looks wet!
- It makes my pores and acne scars look GIANT! Like REALLY GIANT and NOTICEABLE!

I honestly wish I could take this back, it's everything I don't want in a foundation. =( I'm going to try and make it work but this stuff...YUCK! I don't know how this stuff is still around, I've tried drugstore products better than this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I for one, love this stuff but it's definitely made for normal to dry skin types, especially dry skin types. Oily gals should stay far away, as it will probably slide right off and I can't imagine it would ever set or last on anything but dry skin. My skin gets especially dry this time of year, sometimes tight and flaky as well, so I need a very moisturizing foundation because my face just eats moisturizer like it's not even there. I've tried many that claim to be moisturizing, including BBs, but none fit my needs this well. Coverage is excellent; definitely full so blending well is a must. I apply with fingers (the squeeze tube packaging is great as well - easy to use, sanitary, travels well and you get a good amount for the price). I dot it down the center of my face and I blend out with a sponge to avoid streaks. It takes a few minutes to sink in so you have time to blend. I imagine you could sheer it out more by mixing with a moisturizer before applying or even with a liquid lluminizer for some added glow if you like, but I haven't tried that yet.

It does have minimal SPF (15, although I would prefer 30 it will do) but the shade selection leaves much to be desired so I have to knock it down a notch for that, and is nearly impossible to tell online. I first tried Creamy Glow thinking it would be warm-toned, but it was VERY pink (I can't imagine anyone's skin actually being that pink but whatever), so I exchanged it for Ivory Glow which is warmer and works well on my NC20/light skin tone with warm undertones. I do need to apply a light dusting of finishing powder over this, or it doesn't feel like it 'sets' or dries properly and I worry about it transferring if I don't use at least a little powder. Once I do, pores are minimized and I get a natural matte finish without the heavy look or feel most full-coverage foundations have. No oxidation, no breakouts, irritation or any other problems as far as that goes. A little goes a long way and could be easy to overdo if you squeeze out too much. I use about a dime sized dollop (if that much) which is just about right. Works well over a primer or by itself, but does seem to last longer and apply more smoothly over a primer; currently Revlon's PR primer seems the best for me with this- it's not as silicone-y as others, so there isn't too much 'slip' which allows this stuff to go on nicely without sliding around and stays put. No flakies in sight, and doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. Also works well as an under eye concealer for the same reasons, although I really prefer it as a foundation. My blush goes on smoothly and lasts quite well over this, and it just plain looks good when all is said and done. I would definitely repurchase as my fall/winter foundation, especially because I haven't found anything else close to this particular formula, especially in the drugstore, so if you're dry and struggle with finding the right foundation perhaps give this a try despite some of the negative reviews. It's definitely not a one-size-fits-all kind of foundation but with so many out there meant for oil control, it's hard to find one that isn't nowadays so I'm quite happy with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Blah15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This covers blemishes really well and the lightest shade matches my skin closer than any fdtn I've tried although it is a bit too pink. It doesn't break me out. The only thing that bother me is the staying power, it transfers everywhere! I do use a good primer and powder, even added a finishing spray but nothing helps. If it were long wearing and had a better shade range it would be perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by catrob11

This was ok as a foundation, but it is better as a concealer. Use your regular foundation, and dab a bit of this on any blemishes you have. Plus, it's drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by roxyylovee

I love this stuff! It covers up anything that you want to hide. I have moderate breakouts on my forehead, and when I applied this it made my skin look flawless. I know a lot of people dislike the consistency, but if you rub it between your finger (clean fingers now ladies!), it heats it up and gives it a bit of movement. If you have dry skin I'd recommend adding a bit of moisturizer to it instead to give you a little more hydration throughout the day :] From personal experience, if you want some lasting power with this, I'd recommend using a primer and setting it with a powder, lasts all day. The only downside is that there is not a big color selection, better for people with yellow undertones to their skin. And works the best for those with dry skin. I will repurchase and recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is very pigmented and thick. It was too dry for my under-eye area. I bought this in the shade creamy glow, but will be returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SMALLWEED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: Price is right, a little bit goes a long way.
It cover everything

Cons: Doesn't keep it's promises for me, accentued my pores and lines even with the best primer.
Texture is thick and limit oily. This will NOT work for oily skins!!!
didn't last on my face (and I have a rather dry skin).
It returned it and exchanged for Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage (pricier but keeps his promises).