October 22, 2014 | 2005 users online

Powders - Laura Mercier - Stardust Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eeeeeeeee! Sparkles! Pretty!
This is really nice stuff - soft, finely milled powder with microscopic silvery sparkles that give you a lovely diffused glow. This can be used all over as a facial setting powder for evenings but I find it a bit over the top for daily wear, especially if you'll be in natural lighting or outside in direct sunlight - then the sparkly bits are more like micro glitter and you do risk looking like a disco ball (but a pretty one!).
The jar is huge, 30g of product in a standard round, screw top jar complete with sifter insert. Solid, robust but not super bulky, though the lid is slightly domed so stacking things on top of it isn't ideal.
I've actually levered out the sifter and used a clean plastic teaspoon to remove portions to mix in with other (more boring/matte/translucent) loose powders in different ratios, which gives a much more subtle effect, especially for all over face or setting powder. You do need to stopper up the sifter (wadded up tissues or a snug powder puff work OK) or and shake it to mix evenly and if you're not careful, it can get a little messy but it was well worth it.
I don't think I'll ever run out, especially not since I've been able to extend the use/volume with other powders but I do have a backup stashed away, just in case since it's not easy for me to get and rumours of it being discontinued abound.
For me, probably not quite on a par with my adored Scott Barnes Diamond Dust or the subtle pearly finish of Guerlain Meteorites but pretty dang close!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by my4kidsarecuter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. Ive been buying it for the past 11 years (I think it was called something else back then, tho I cant remember). Its awesome, perfect amount of shimmer without any color, just a gorgeous glow! Very natural looking. Pricey, but itll last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this highlighter! I am already using mineral powder in Real Sand and I apply this over it. The result: healthy, glowing skin without an overdone outlook. Moreover, it is natural. I have been using many highlighters fom high-end brands such as Guerlain, Dior and Lancome. Nothing comes close to this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

This is the most gorgeous highlighter I've come across. I've used some highlighters highly recommended by MUA: such as MAC's pearl ccb, vanilla pigment, Origin halo effect. LM trumps them all by miles! this powder gives a beautiful natural subtle glow. it's not at all metallic and frosty looking. i think my search for the perfect highlighter is over!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I'd been lemming this product for years. I'd heard legendary tales of its ability to make your skin glow like it's being lit from within, of its finely milled perfection, of its neutral, friendly-to-all-skintones color. When I finally got it, I could hardly wait to dust it on and obtain that perfect Laura Mercier skin.

Well, yes, it's good. It is quite subtle, and it is finely milled, and it does get along with many different skintones. But I really find no difference between this and the Scott Barnes glow product I already have. Having said it, it is a superior product to most other highlighters out there. It's not gritty, you won't be disco-ball shiny, and with a skunk brush, very easy to control. Do I love? Absolutely. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I'm no Disco Queen, but boy do I love the effect of a classic quiet shimmer. Not frost, but specks of that shimmer that lights up your face.This loose powder is so versatile for face, cheekbones, over eye shadow. collarbones. Just the right amount and it dissappears leaving only your face with no masking effect. Just a bit and you are done. I do believe this may be discontinued soon. They are coming out in small size versions. Think in mineral form. Who cares. Got mine and it will last forever. Can't wait till summer and picks me up in winter. I'm in luv...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by huijulee

Just like the powder foundation, this product dried out my face. It definitely makes your face glow, but isn't worth it. With this stuff though, less is definitely more. Too much makes you look pale and ill. I still use this some times on top of my liquid foundation if I want a glowy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by meganrenaelv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is def one of those things that when you wear it will cause random people to stop you and compliment you and ask you what you are wearing. ihave been using this for 2 weeks now and cant go a day without it. i use laura's tinted moisturizer and i use this as a setting powder. my skin looks flawless!!! it also looks great right above your blush, under your eyes to your temples, if you dont like the all over glow. this stuff is AMAZING. period. and if you buy it and dont like it, you can always throw in into your lotion to give it a nice shimmer or dust it over your skin....its very versatile!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product.
I'm very yellow toned, mixed complexion (think Alicia Keys) and have been searching for the right highlighter.
This was subtle enough to wear in the daytime, but striking enough for a romantic dinner out with my fiance.
Its sheer and shimmery and I want to say colorless, because it shows up on my skintone beautifully but doesn't make me look frosted or dunked in glitter (bobbi brown I'm talking to you)
The price is cheap if you look at how much you get, I will probably never use this all up, but if I do I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by glamboyant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with this product. Every single time I wear it, I get compliments. Everyone always asks what it is. You can wear it all over, for a beautiful, hydrated looking glow, or just as a highlighter. I sweep it over blush to give a gorgeous radiance. It's also much more forgiving than any other illuminating powder I've ever used. If you use too much (which is really difficult to do), it's easy to sweep some powder over it to correct it.