September 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Scarlett Empress

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

Beautiful blue-toned raspberry colour, perfect for autumn. I think it's very similar to MAC Rebel. I love it, very luxurious, not drying at all. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rach124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me this isn't red at all, it's a dark pink/purple color, but to each their own I guess. In dim lighting if you apply it heavily it does look sort of red. I have the exact coloring that someone below said this wouldn't work for (light yellow skin) and I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't tried it on on a whim and fallen in love. I tried to find a dupe and was not successful; similar colors are too dark, too purple or too neon or too something. It's the kind of lipstick that brightens your whole face; you don't need to wear much else. Something about it also makes your lips look really smooth and nice too (as long as they aren't chapped, it will definitely emphasize that). My only complaint is that it transfers easily, but at the same time it leaves a nice stain that lasts through eating and drinking.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by tearupyourphotos

At first, I didn't like the way this looked on my pale NC 20 face, then summer came around (NC 25ish) and it led to a crazy romance... It's a blue-based raspberry on me, but on my best friend it's noticeably pinker on her; SE's a complex shade that pulls different colors on different skin tones. It's a very interesting color that's not for the faint-hearted, but thank me later when you get the courage to wear it out of the house (like I did!). I love this shade so much that I replicated my hair color to sort of match it.

BTW it's "Scarlet Empress" with one T.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Nikki_L

NARS is an expensive habit, but these products are luxurious. This is a semi-matte dark red that looks fabulous on me! You must have it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by dorna

Whooo boy, is this the one! I tried resisting it for a year, but finally succumbed and dished the 24$. WORTH IT!! Purely matte without drying, and just a perfect color. I wouldn't call it red, it's more berry. Great for olive tones--this is THE shade for those with naturally dark lips who feel that lipsticks never show up on them (ie, my indian best friend with naturally lined lips). Definitely my favorite lipstick, even moreso than all of my [5] NARS lip stains that I thought I couldn't live without. BUY THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by fading_visions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a BEAUTIFUL colour! Granted, I have never worn it full force. I like to dab it onto my ring finger, then onto my lips, blot with a tissue, dab again and blot one more time. It leaves a beautiful satiny, rich, jewel-toned berry stain (pretty much totally true to the swatch on the NARS website), and pretty much lasts all day! It's a little drying, so I like to wear a balm underneath or balm/light layer of gloss on top. It's also worth noting that this lipstick will emphasize any flakes or dryness.

The one huge drawback is the price tag of $30CAD. I wouldn't have bought this if it weren't for the Sephora VIB coupon for $15. The good thing is that it's extremely pigmented, so I won't be running out any time soon.

For reference, I am nc15-20/Nars Sheer Glow in Gobi.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by arianaivette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is AMAZING. It's super pigmented but it doesn't give you an over the top "you just got punched in the lip" look. I've been searching for a long time for a perfect deep dark red for my lips with no success. I have pretty large lips so any dark color made me look terrible. Not Scarlett Empress! It's really buildable so you can choose if you want a lighter shade or go darker. I love the creamy consistency of NARS lipsticks, can get a bit dry but nothing that a good lip balm can't control.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The colour of this lipstick is beautiful! It's a deep blackened burgundy, that I find very buildable, and I prefer the deeper colour. It does tend to pick up any dryness on the lips and dye them very dark.

The formula applies well, but the finish is a bit meh. I think it would be better as a matte, but it's sort of a satin-y nomansland finish. It improves as you build the colour, but is still fairly drying.

The wear is good - I can eat a meal wearing this and it will stay. It also lasts impressively well through greasier foods like crisps!

This is my favourite dramatic shade - I love to put it on with only mascara for an instant confidence boost. Even when I'm wearing tracksuit bottoms.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mascaraluvin

I love the color of this product. Scarlet Empress is a very pouty and sultry color. The texture is pretty matte but it does not dry my lips which is a plus. The packaging of most Nars products are very likeable in my personal opinion. The pricing is a bit overly expensive but with the price comes the amazing quality of all their products. Many Nars fans compare Nars products to Mac. Many say that Nars has better quality than Mac. I actually agree with that but at the same time Mac is cheaper. It really is all about preference. Treat yourself with this lipstick from Nars. You won't regret buying it. It's a lovely color and is perfect for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

I've finally found it. This is HG material all the way. I love NARS lipsticks for their sheer, satin finish and moisturizing texture. This is no exception.

The color is fabulous. In the tube it's a cool blackened berry, very purplely. On my lips it's a cool creme plum berry, a touch of magenta, not too dark, and buildable. LOVE.