April 24, 2014 | 1918 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Daily Nail Growth Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by saturdayenvelopes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's not a bad product. I didn't get any chipping with it until I was halfway through the bottle. I didn't notice any really substantial nail growth, but my nails are a bit stronger because of it. I had very thin nails from picking off acrylics and gel polish and reapplying, picking them off again etc. I paid about $14 for it (I'm in Australia) and I bought Nail Envy from my trade only beauty supplier for $22. I've only used that a handful of times and it's providing better results. I'll be throwing this out I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Bee82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product it helps my nails grow get strong and long I like it a lot I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nothing extra special. If you want a non-drying base or clear coat that adds another layer to your nail thereby making them less likely to break, then I'd recommend this. It's not a growth formula, it's not a strengthener, it doesn't help with peeling & it doesn't help with nail discoloration if you use it as a base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by SophieLoves

I already love this product. I used to always bite my nails and I finally decided to grow them because people were asking me if I bite my nails and I was really embarrassed, I started to grow my nails over the holidays, I was really happy with how my nails were looking but then they started to break and peel. I was so upset, then I read some of the reviews for this product and decided to buy this. I was shopping with a friend and saw this I was so excited but then I saw the price, it's $12.95 here in Australia, and was unsure but I decided to go for it and am so happy I did. Now my nails are super strong, it has stopped them from peeling and they are super glossy with it on. As for whether it makes them grow longer I'm not so sure but it gives your nails a chance to grow without breaking. I love this product and would definitely recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by jennimalpas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a life saver! Iv'e been using it with breaks in between, for about 2 months now. I bought it because i wanted something to protect my nails while they have no nail polish on, and to keep them healthy and looking nice. i dont think that it actually makes your nails grow faster, but what it does do is protect your nails and fortifies them with nutrients to prevent breakage, splits etc to your nails, therefore enabling them to grow healthy, strong and long.

Iv'e heard that a lot of the Sally Hansen products turn very thick and gooey quickly, but i havn't had a problem with this at all. then again saying that i dont own any other SH products because iv'e also heard that they leave your nails stained (evan with a bottom coat).

The only reason i think some ratings are so low is because i think people misunderstood it, and thought that it actually makes your nails grow faster because of the name 'maximum growth'. But it basically means the ability to allow your nails to grow to maximum growth.

All in all, i swear by this stuff to keep my nails healthy and strong!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Megan18613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff works great to help grow your nails! I applied it every other day, removing the previous coat before applying a new one. My nails did grow noticeably, but it didn't do anything to make my nails healthier. That's why I gave 4 lipsticks instead of 5!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not at all impressed. First, I don't think it really did anything for the strength of my nails. I used it according to directions for some time and I didn't see any improvement in the areas I was hoping to see improved.

Secondly, it's a horrible base coat! I know it's marketed as a treatment and not a base coat, but you can supposedly wear this under nail polish. When I did that, my polish would start to chip much sooner, no matter what top coat I used.

I will say that this looks pretty on bare nails. It's glossy and clear and slightly pink. But since it doesn't appear to really work and it's not good worn under polish, I can't say it's worth using. Definitely not buying again, and probably will not use the bottle I have now.

One other thought. No matter what claims a product may make (or what assumptions you may make based on the claims), nothing you put on the surface of your nails will make them "grow faster". Nail growth, like hair growth, starts far under the skin, and it's regulated by a lot of things (hormones, the season, your age, metabolism, your general health, etc.), but "what happens to be on the surface of the already grown out nails" is not one of those factors. So if you're hoping this (or any!) product will make your nails grow faster, it won't. Nothing will. It is true that some products can improve the state of your nails (moisturisers, for example), but make them grow faster? Nope. Not biologically possible. Your nails grow as fast as they grow, and no faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Trillstayovoxo13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm buying this product again because u kno how sally hansens products get chunky midway. My nails grow lik grass does. So I tracked my growth from day one and used this five days and the growth is a huuuuuge improvement. I saw 2 millimeters of growth and in the 10th day they all grew past 2 millimeters and I cut them because that is my desired length. And when i kept applying my old bottle (the thick one idk if it happens to thin ones) and it gets thick and it looks like those thick acrylicish hard wrap yopcoats and i just loved it. I like the look even tho it gets bubbles. It protects and I told my friend about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kmlg

I bought this when it was on clearance at my store (I work for Boots). I'd been wanting some for ages because my nails are terribly weak & the break very easily.
I love it! I would definitely pay the full price for it now that I know it works. My nails feel stronger, they look so much healthier and they're growing really fast. I could put nail varnish on top but I've decided not to because I like how shiny my nails are.
I would recommend this to anybody who is umming and arring about whether to pay the price for it- it really is worth it. Sally Hansen isn't a well respected name for no reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by fiathriel

Top product. I have the weakest nails, I am never able to grow them but from time to time I use this, I only have to use it a couple of days in a row and it hardens them up really well.

It's a proper clear product so my nails don't look like that yellowy clear finish you can get from some products.

The bottle really lasts, I've had it for about 2 years already!