April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Shampoo - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Nizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seriously love this stuff, it has so many uses I can't even believe it.
I have a very oily scalp, its madness... And of course I've been using clarifying and strong shampoos to combat that for years, only to get worst over time, the cleaner my hair was one day, the oiliest the next one, so I thought maybe by taking off all the oil my scalp felt the need to compensate and produce more, besides my hair was frizzy, dry and prone to breakage, I decided it was the time to try something gentle, to protect my hair and help my scalp recover balance. I read the list of ingredients of my shampoos and saw hard chemicals, too much silicone and nasty stuff, and then it hit me... "What if I try Johnson's baby shampoo? I loved it as a child" plus; smells great.
At first my hair was very oily, but after a few days was pretty much clean and healthy, soft and incredible shiny, seriously, I didn't had such a effect with my adult and fancy, regular shampoos. And the smell, oh I love the smell :) ... then I tried different products of Johnson's: shampoos, conditioners, sprays... here in the Caribbean we have a lot of variety, they have a line for dark, light, curly, straight hair... also an intensive moisturizing one, and another designed to make the scent last longer and have your hair perfumed all day long! they all work wonders for me, much better than regular hair products.
Some people say around the web baby shampoo is alkaline and can damage your hair because of that, but they're wrong, baby shampoo has a neutral pH, just like water and most healthy skins of human beings, nothing to worry about.
I also use it as an eye makeup remover and its perfect, removes everything and I feel nothing on my eyes, I bought an expensive eye makeup remover months ago and it left my eyes really irritated and itchy, not good at all and I catch up allergies the next days, but this... this resolved all my problems with my VERY sensitive eyes, and its sooo cheap!...
Then I thought I could use it to wash my face too, doesn't have alcohol, hard chemicals, parabens, has a neutral pH, seemed good. I was nervous because I had bad acne years ago, and I became very careful with the products I use on my face (Now its clear), I've heard shampoo can cause break outs but nothing happened... just clear, pretty skin.
This is SOOOO much cheaper and gentle than my face washes, and works the same (or even better) I feel like I wasted a lot of money over the years...
And of course is great for the babies, cleaning your brushes, bathing delicate pets (I have Ginea Pigs for example) and many more.
Why buy lots of different, expensive products when you can have a shampoo/eye makeup remover/ face wash/brush cleanser/ shampoo for pets for such a cheap price?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this weekly to wash my makeup brushes and it works perfectly. Gently washes them totally clean without stripping them, taking away their softness, or making them lose bristles. No residue left behind after rinsing. Why pay for a "brush shampoo" when this works wonders for $3?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I get my hair highlighted and I love this stuff! Its gentle and leaves my hair soft and silky. It doesn't have that chemical smell. I trust it over any "color-treated" shampoo. Its also so much cheaper and has a nice, subtle smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried every single shampoo imaginable for my fine, thin, limp hair and nothing worked to give me the volume I was looking for. I wasn't looking for big Texas hair, but a little somethin somethin. I tried expensive salon brands, cheap drugstore brands, even Wen. This shampoo works wonders! It cleans my hair enough to get rid of any styling product I use and gives me great volume. I think because it's just simple and not alot of extra crap in it is why. I buy this in bulk now - I love it! Definitely worth trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My review for this product is only about the use I give to it, which is to deep clean my makeup brushes from time to time. For that purpose, it works so well. Not only does it get all the makeup off without having to scrub too hard but it also leaves my brushes really smooth and smelling nice. I will continue to use this product and I surely recommend it for deep cleaning makeup brushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been trying so many shampoos to deal with my itchy and flaky scalp like L'Oreal Elvive, Head and Shoulders, The Body Shop's Ginger shampoo, Curel,Himalayan Herbals. None of them have helped my scalp, in fact some of them made it itchier. I think my scalp's sensitivity has to do with my skin being sensitive. I turned to this, it does not lather much and has a mild scent, it is just okay though, my scalp still gets itchy and flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

great for cleaning make up brushes and keeping them soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jongholy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like using this for a multitude of things, mainly to removed my mascara, i dab a small bit on a wet cotton pad and it removes it really well. Previously i had been using MAC cleanser and then olive oil but i found that it was uncomfortable and left my vision blurry (as one wud assume lol).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by griggs42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product to wash my makeup brushes and it's fantastic. It's cheaper than brush shampoo, but works just as well and leaves them clean and soft feeling, without any gross residue. It's even gotten rid of a stain on my foundation brush (Sephora #45) that some brush shampoo I was using couldn't get rid of. Yay! For the price, I'll never buy anything else to wash my brushes with again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

my review is about how it works for me.. but for my make up brushes!
i'm very lazy when it comes to washing my brushes and i can't be bothered to wash my brushes in expensive oils and potions.
i use baby shampoo and it does the job just fine. i use it on all make up brushes for eyes, blusher, foundation etc. I let the brushes soak in warm/hot water with a touch of baby shampoo ans give them a rinse and VOILA! Squeaky clean brushes.

I was also told by my optician to use this as a solution on a cotton bud to help the redness on my water line of my eyes as i was told it can help with the oils in that area. I have only had to do it a few times, and i have to say my eyes do not look as red and do not water as much.

definately a must have for every make up lover out there.