September 30, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Electric Eel

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Is it just me or this is not living up to its expectations?
I recently got this in a swap and the color looks like a really intense blue however when applied even on a base color looks more green than blue.
still like it but disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover321

It is one of most beautiful blue eyeshadows that Mac ever came out with. I use this for fancy costume parties and it does work pretty well. I think it's quite a good eyeshadow i would definetly buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Use NYX JEP in Electric Blue on the lid then apply Electric Eel. The base really makes the shadow pop (with any color). I am super mega pale with reddish blonde hair and brown eyes. If I can pull this color off, I know most of you ladies can! :) I only wear this every now and then, like a party or going out somewhere. Still beautiful with brown eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I bought this along with Aquadisiac as my first MAC purchase ever. However, I just couldn't get this to look right on me. It always looks cheap and ill-blended. I've had it since 2005 & it looks like it's never been used. This may work for others, but it as a big bomb for me. I rated a 3 because it's hard to get the product opaque, it's not very blendable and it just doesn't do MAC justice. I was expecting a super bright, vivid blue and this just wasn't it. I've tried using it with primer as well as just patting it on my lid, to no avail. Maybe I'll try using it wet to get the look I'm looking for. I feel like this would look so good with a darker brown in the crease and a brown liner. I just wish I could get it to work!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by dotty101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great color, but it's a wee bit too strong!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by gamergirl2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not really a Mac fan but I really wanted to try Electric Eel. When I bought it I was wicked happy to be able to try it out but how ever the product was not that good. It kinda reminds me of Mac's Bitter. Very hard to get color from and hard to work with.Some people are saying this shadow is very pigmented but the one I bought from Mac was not pigmented at all. I was very unhappy with the eyeshadow and for the price I would have thought it would have been a better product.I just feel like my cheaper make up works way better then this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by MadamNoire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely bright blue color with a satin finish and the tiniest bit of sparkle. It is highly pigmented and easy to blend.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Beautiful in the pan but not so pretty once blended.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color! Very dramatic, definitely not for a day you want to stay low key! The consistency is good, the color goes on very rich, and it stays on very well!

It's just an awesome color! Get it if you love color!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Pitachok

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It is one of the prettiest blues out there, and I love using it. However on my skin tone it can appear a bit muted or sheer so I need to use quite a lot of it - However not too much, I used it a lot (for about a year) and the pan is still pretty much full! If you have very light skin it will appear really bright right away though.