August 23, 2014 | 1898 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Parsley Blemish Stick [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been fighting what I now know is perioral dermatitis on my chin and nasal area for 6 weeks now. I've done all the things recommended..No SLS in any of my products, no petroleum products, eating yogurt, yogurt mask (they do work), using natural skincare. I was tired of looking at these two huge lumps and decided to try this since it has essential oils in it that kill bacteria and fungus. PD is thought to be triggered by candida/Fungus. I gave it a shot and wow, after six weeks this nightmare is finally getting better with just two uses of this blemish stick. I know the roller ball is unsanitary. Take out the ball and use a qtip, it's really worth it if you have PD bumps. It stings a bit, smells a lot like licorice. But I think I'm going to stock up on this for the future. PD almost always comes back. It takes years of diet changes and getting your stress levels under control but topically, this so far has not been beat by anything else I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

my Holy Grail for acne. Works overnight acne that would take a week to go away is now taking two days or less.

Stinks for about five minuets like celery seed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ping44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is great! It's always worked for me pretty quickly when a blemish appears.

And recently, I started another bout of perioral dermatitis which I had for the 1st time last year. I tried applying this blemish treatment all over the area that was getting red and bumpy and 2 days later my skin is all clear.

I highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:15:00 AM More reviews by kettyserene

This is the exact same product as the Herbal Blemish Stick (I checked the ingredients), so I'm just going to post the same review as that on here.

For me, I haven't noticed anything from using this product other than the stinging and the licorice/parsley smell. I sometimes get very small white heads on my chin and forehead and annoying blackheads around my nose, but the product doesn't seem to make them go away or prevent them.

I don't get any major cystic pimples anymore but I would imagine this product would work wonderfully (and is probably intended to work) on those. It's more of a spot treatment, and since I have patches of tiny blemishes, it's not a good product for me.

Other than the results, I don't like how this product is just a liquid. Feels like I'm rolling leaf juice onto my skin. Couldn't they just make a lotion so it actually feels like it's staying put on my skin?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by veirs

Wowzer. I was having a major breakout of memory-worthy proportions around my lips and chin so bad that it looked like I was covered in herpes or boils. Nasty type cysts, white and blackheads, enormous white bumps: all of it. Nothing was working, not even Retin-A. Wanting to avoid a costly visit to the dermatologist, I suddenly remembered what I used to use for zits when I was fourteen-sixteen: lemon parsley stick.
It's cheap: $5.99 at the drug store. The smell is different than I remember (more pungent, less lemony), the roller ball doesn't work so well at first, and it's a bit drying (even though I'm writing this in January, so what do I expect?). But does it work? It's THE miracle worker. Three days later, I'm almost completely clear. And IT GETS RID OF CYSTS, existing and burgeoning, shrinking them overnight or turning them into harmless whiteheads. Wow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This stuff is VERY good. Clears and prevents. I love how it smells. Very hebal. I like that its a roll on, its great for travel. Also great to take with me in my purse if I have a break out and need to apply several times a day. Great ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by RangerEmmie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a big Burt's Bees fan, and this product is one of my favorites (see my other reviews to see my other favorites). This formula is in a glass tube with a roll on applicator (which I love) It makes it easy so you don't use too much and you put it right where you want it. This stuff works if you have anything from a little discoloration spot to a big ugly zit, I even used it on a spot of very dry skin and it healed it! This is no snake oil, but if I had an old-timey medicine show I would be selling this stuff like crazy, it works so well!! Also unlike snake oil is the fact that this stuff smells awesome. Although the bottle says parsley, it smells more like licorice and tea. Buy this stuff, I promise you'll love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by kabuali689

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm surprised to say that this really worked for me...I thought that organic products wouldn't be as strong as commercial products when it came to healing blemishes but this stuff is the best! It does an amazing job at reducing redness and size for bumps on my forehead..the roller ball is easy to glide on my face and it only stings for a moment which doesn't bother me because it feels like it's working when that happens and it begins drying out the blemish right there. It does contain alcohol, so those with sensitive skin should take caution...otherwise I apply mine a few times a day and usually in about 2 days, the blemish is gone if not almost gone...the price is fine...i got mine off eBay..so I would try to purchase it there first...it lasts a really long time and I feel much better using this than some other commercial product with preservatives and harsh chemicals

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
maybe it was just beginners luck.. When I first used the blemish stick on one Huge pimple, it worked great (my review below) I was so happy.
But now it seems completely ineffective!!! I've gotten 2 pretty big pimples and this thing did nothing for them.
What happened??
pretty bummed.....
*****************************************************************

Wow!! I just started using this and its amazing. I didn't think it would work so fast.
I had one of those Giant pimples (you know those really big volcanic ones that start growing as a big pink bump and take 2-3 weeks to go away) growing on my chin. Even with proactiv, although it doesn't form into a pimple, but it'll still takes ~ 2 weeks for the volcanic pink bump to go away.
With this, 2 days!!! the bump is GONE! its amazing.. No pimple, no white head, no bump I'm so happy!!!
and for less that $5.50 its a great deal!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this... and it works. It does burn a bit.. but I suppose that's how you know it's working. I use it on my kids ingrown hairs and any nasty bump they get.