This is the perfect moisturizer for my combination, acne prone skin. Gives me a beautiful radiance, just like it claims!!! My skin is so soft without any greasiness or excess oil. My acne scarring has also faded in the past few months since I've been using it. A little pricey for a drugstore product, but the CVS brand is a few dollars cheaper and works exactly the same. I've tried both and noticed no difference. I'll continue to buy this. :)
After only a week of using this and also the matching facial wash my skin has started breaking out in small white lumps, flaking and I have red patch under one of my eyes. Not sure which is the culprit this or the wash - or maybe it's both combined, but I have had to stop using already. Have had good success with their body wash and lotions though and had no problems.
Will try the ultracalming one with high hopes that it will indeed calm my skin down (and fast!).
After finishing my (rather pleasing) jar of L'Oreal Age Perfect, I decided I would try and ease into spring with something containing a sunscreen. Took myself off to Costco and got the bargain 2-pack. Argh! In spite of the sanitary pump and SPF 15, this smelly lotion leaves skin gritty and tight, with none of the delightful, plumping softness of its predecessor. Back to Age Perfect I go--even if I have to layer on another sunscreen. Live and learn.
First off, I've been using this product for a year and I don't know if it has given me results or not. This is the only thing I use on my face. The smell is nice to have on my face. it also gives you a somewhat "glow." I was hoping some of my acne scars would go away with it but I don't think that's gonna happen. Something irritating about it is after a few uses, it dries up in the pump and leaves like a leftover waist of product. I also hate how expensive it is and I've only used like half the product and it expires in a week! I guess I'll buy it again and use it for SPF?
This review is for the SPF 15 version.
I bought and used this before I started doing research about sunscreens. I like the moisturizer portion. It's a good consistency for me, absorbs quickly, wears well under make-up.
Then I found out the avobenzone/octinoxate combo in this is not photostable so I'm on the search for another moisturizer with good SPF/PPD.
I have been using this moisturizer for a long time. I often mix it with my foundation, and it goes on smooth and doesn't feel heavy or greasy.
POSITIVELY RADIANT DAILY MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30
I've been using various non-comedogenic, oil-free, hypoallergenic moisturizers since high school. This is the best, ever!
STATE OF MY SKIN: I have a yellow-orange undertone. I am tres oil-e, been that way since I can remember. They usta call me "Scarface" in school. Today I get the occasional, monthly pimple(s) during my menses. All in all, if I exercise & eat right, I'm usually working with 4-8 brown spots due to acne scarring.
* With mom one day & randomly looked in the best placed mirror (natural light) at home. Suddenly I noticed how much more yellow-golden I was looking. And my mom agreed! Of course winter=paler (or for black folks, "lighter") My first thought was of my (looong gone) summer tan. But what I got isn't the burnished golden brown of a tan. Nor am I merely sans tan. My skin looks like a soft light is on beneath it!
* I can't say my dark spots are miraculously gone. They're still kinda lingering from last month (and the one before that, and.. you get the point). This is no fade cream. (Try Ambi for that)
* I love the way my skin looks now. It's not perfect but my complexion is more.. uummm, shall I say monochromatic? My texture has become smoother. My golden undertone is really shining thru throughout my face. I don't think I realized how many various the tones of my face until they became one.
* I thought Neutrogena was my HG. Sike!
Now I look forward to trying more Aveeno products! continued >>
I do like this product. The problem with Aveeno moisturizers specifically though is that they make promises on their products that don't deliver. This says it will even out your skin tone, but I haven't seen any of that and I have been using it for about 4 months every morning. However this doesn't break me out, clog my pores, and it is one of the only moisturizers that doesn't make me oily and that I can wear under makeup. Kind of pricey but worth it. You only need a little to cover your whole face, and the bottle last a while. This moisturizer isn't horrible, but there are definitely better ones out there. But this is a good drugstore find, and compared to all the other crap drugstore moisturizers this is without a doubt one of the best drugstore moisturizers. Not HG but good for now.
I've been using this product for about a year. I apply it daily prior to putting my makeup on, and then at night before I go to bed.
PROS: * It's great for sensitive skin. My skin gets irritated easily, and I have never had that problem with this.
* It keeps your face moisturized all day. I never have to worry about getting dry spots.
* It evens out your skin tone. My face is much more even and smooth now.
CONS: *It doesn't smell very good. It almost smells like clay.
* It can feel cakey when you first apply it. This goes away after rubbing it in though.
All in all, it is probably the best moisturizer for the price that I've tried.
I switched from this to the Aveeno Ultra-Calming =) Does not make you radiant!