September 17, 2014 | 954 users online

Lips - Black Opal - Dual Lip Gloss (all colors)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in "Cinema Sweets." One side is the perfect shimmery red, and the other is a shimmery pale champagne color which I can't wear at all. If you can stand the mineral oil smell, this is a good lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 3:33:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The texture is thick, but not stick. Smooth texture, easy to blend. Last pretty well for a gloss. Feels light on. The gloss does smell like lipstick, but smell goes away after you apply. Slim wand is a perfect fit for my planner. For reference: I am a DDD/AAB with yellow & red undertones (NW45, LOreal HIP #818, or Iman Clay6)
Matinee mocha duo wand gloss: one side sheer taupe frost, other side matte darker brown-taupe. I actually like wearing both colors together with a dark brown liner.
Screen Gems duo wand gloss: violet(cool-toned bright pink), and darker plum. This is one of the few fuschia that work with my complexion. Bright Pink has a purple shimmer undertone. I usually wear both colors together with a dark plum liner.Sugar Plum duo wand gloss: purple/plum with gold/plum shimmer and sheer pale lavendar with tiny white & blue shimmer. My quest for the perfect purple gloss is over. This is so beautiful it took my breath away. Pale lavendar gloss comes out a sheer very light, almost white with silver & blue shimmer. White gloss for brown skin is usually not a good match. Except for this one. It is absolutely beautiful too. You just have to try them both for yourself. I bought several so they won't d/c them on me.THANK YOU BLACK OPAL FOR ANOTHER HG ITEM!!!!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Matinee Mocha(I think anyways, I already tore the label off). The colors are gorgeous, & I love the fact that you get 2 colors in one double tube too. The brown shade looks kind of doodoo-ish in the tube but it goes on a beatiful warm medium brown shade that works very well w/my complexion. The lighter shade looks like a shimmery taupe in the tube, and goes on a sheer shimmery nude color. The colors look pretty mixed together too. The texture is semi-thick & non-sticky, and it does have that lipsticky smell but I actually like it b/c it reminds me of this old 70's lip gloss my momma used to wear & let me play with when I was really little.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2003 11:24:00 PM More reviews by thickythickred

I bough the dual lip color in Film Noir. Not bad colors at all. It's that I just like my glosses a little stickier like MAC. Also the color faded very quickly. I would recommend trying the patent lips instead. Betta staying power, more pigmented colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2003 1:07:00 AM More reviews by forensics96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do so love finding surprise bargins in drugstores! :) Black Opal had a new display of these out-must be a new spring product-since I've never seen them before- & one of these dual headed wand style glosses caught my eye and for only like 5.99, I thought- why not? I'll give it a try.

All of these l/g duos are in this like "movie-themed" collection with names like "Red Curtain", "Film Noir", "Screen Gems", etc. The one that drew my attention to it was Screen Gems- a duo of this bright fushcia/magenta pink color with a subtle violet/blue color that sort of "flashes" through it (kind of reminds me of UD's Asphyxia lip gunk) and the other side is a *very* dark purply-burgundy, looks very glittery in the tube.

The gloss texture itself is a little thinner than I like, but all in all- not that bad! I didn't like the smell-reminds me of like cheap dollar store foundation MU-yuck! but once on my lips, I couldn't really smell it anymore- so that can be overlooked then. I really loved mixing the fushcia gloss side over my UD "O" pleather pencil (bright metallic magneta)- gave it such a great shimmery look, with the added bonus of the violet/blue "sheen"- very cool looking, very bright though!! The Burgundy side goes on as very DARK purple/berry-red, it does'it really look like it has any glitter in it tho once on. Like the other side, a very dramatic color- especially if you're a PPP like me. Not for the shy or timid, that's for sure! :) But I love dramatic MU! The staying power of these is about average, but then again- really, what gloss last hours & hours anyway? I think that wearing these glosses over top of other lipsticks or something like that, really helps increase their durability, plus it helps counteract the thinness of the glosses too, especially if you're not fond of thin gloss.

I'd be happy to buy more, but a lot the other shades looked like they would be much too warm toned for me (I am def a cool toned PPP)-there were lots of orange undertoned reds, browns, golds, ect..but I will def. go back & check the display over to see if there's any others I could wear- I'd really recommend giving these a try! For only 6 bucks for 2 glosses anyway- why not try 'em out? :)